Grace Victory #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest people/patients/visitors can often be quite rude when it comes to their phones in hospital: on a call or face time while you are trying to work with them.
We have a young a&e attender (sickle cell) who comes in at least once a week. They barely look up from their phone when they check in. Or when anything else is being done for them (bloods, obs etc...). No please or thank yous when asking for blankets and hot chocolate. We are pretty sure they’re just hooked on pain relief. I can’t stand patients that do this with their phones. They are so rude, it really takes the piss.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Here was me hoping Grace might decide to use this as a second chance to look after herself, sounds like she continues to be insufferable. I’m glad she survived but I really would have thought the coma would have scared her into reality rather than giving her a messiah complex.

Reactions: 13
Ok, like a lot of people, I literally just watched about 90 seconds of her live before having to switch off. But I did see her say about her hair “when you’re in a coma, nobody gives a duck” so it got matted. Yeah.... they were trying to keep your organs going and keep you alive but let’s just go with “don’t give a duck” because they didn’t sit there there brushing your hair every day. I’m sure I’ve seen someone say that patients in comas do have their hair looked after however grace was in hospital in the height of the worst peak of covid so I’m sure this wasn’t as much of a priority as it usually is!
She also said she wanted to cut her hair as it has drugs in which she didn’t want in her system. So she wants to cut out the drug that, although might be quite strong, saved her life. Yet she wants to keep putting “drugs” (crappy food) into her system when she should be taking the best care of herself!
I agree that she does seem quite manic at the moment. I hope she has a good support network around her.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Grace's childhood trauma is one of nightmares. I honestly want to hug baby her and be like it's going to be okay. I think because she had such a turbulent life filled with endless pain, rejection, trauma etc. She honestly doesn't know what is her own thoughts and what is a manifestation of all the bad things that have happened to her. I didn't know about that therapist and that is absolutely disgusting if it's true, that lady should have a her licence taken away. Grace doesn't like to admit when she is in the wrong or things are not going right because she is scared of going down that deep suicidal depression again. I have been there so I understand but still she is so out of touch with herself it's so so sad!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When she said that she was on “fentanyl which is basically heroin” I had to roll my eyes because the survivor nonsense coming out of this is going to be out of this world!! I can’t wait for the Demo Lovato comparisons. You know, because they’re both ex Heroin users :rolleyes: Apparently she is a miracle and her body is 100% healed, she won’t have any long term effects either. The doctors are absolutely flabbergasted and have absolutely no idea how she is even still here. They know it has absolutely nothing to do with the countless medical professionals who worked on her unconscious body for months and kept her alive!! No no, it’s because she is Grace:cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 34
We should watch it and take a shot everytime she says chinese buffet or chinese food. Be pissed up in no time!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just watched some of her live ! Omg she thinks she’s so special they’ve asked you to come back and speak to people in ICU ! Yeh right! Also the consultants couldn’t understand how she survived and she got Covid cause she was pregnant ! Was that the only reason? Really won’t to comment on her ig but can do without the abuse!

Reactions: 9
When she said that she was on “fentanyl which is basically heroin” I had to roll my eyes because the survivor nonsense coming out of this is going to be out of this world!! I can’t wait for the Demo Lovato comparisons. You know, because they’re both ex Heroin users :rolleyes: Apparently she is a miracle and her body is 100% healed, she won’t have any long term effects either. The doctors are absolutely flabbergasted and have absolutely no idea how she is even still here. They know it has absolutely nothing to do with the countless medical professionals who worked on her unconscious body for months and kept her alive!! No no, it’s because she is Grace:cautious:
To be fair Grace is quite like Demi Lovato- I can definitely see her trying to ruin a small froyo brand because they cater to other people and not just her

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The only thing that saved her from covid was the dedication of ICU staff and modern medicine. Science got her through that: no woo tit. She may be a strong character and I do believe that helps but come on...... as for the medicine in her system business she wouldn’t be here without it. Yes it’s strong in some respects but I’d be grateful it saved my life and a little boy still has his mummy. Maybe she is struggling to acknowledge some of her manifesting/spiritual beliefs aren’t what really saved her and so she’s fronting it out I don’t know. Her head is obviously all over the place and she is in denial about her health.

As healthcare professionals you do the job because you genuinely care for peoples wellbeing and they will have worked so hard in awful PPE all day to save her and others around her in what was a manic awful period of the pandemic. Maybe her hair wasn’t as groomed as she would have been liked but she would have been clean and looked after. My mum was in ICU years back and they were truly amazing.

I don’t work for the gratitude but I do find it lovely when a patient/family is thankful and recognises the efforts you go to, it goes a long way. I wonder how the staff that looked after her would feel listening to the crap that comes out of her mouth.

Glad I was working for the live... sounds like it wouldn’t be good to watch!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
IIRC it really seemed like that therapist was using Grace to lure people to her insanely expensive and quacky practice. She is also the one that basically encouraged (allegedly) Grace to throw caution to the wind with her eating in the name of accepting herself amongst other bullshit.
The therapist IS dodgy but I don’t think helping Grace to eat whatever she wants was.

She encouraged intuitive eating, which is a useful tool for people with eating disorders or fears around eating. I would imagine that Grace tried to set herself strict diets and then failed and binged - in this case, “allowing” any food to be eaten really helps to get back to a normal eating pattern and not see foods as having moral value.

Unfortunately, Grace hasn’t actually gotten her head around intuitive eating, because it’s a lot more difficult than it seems. She seems stuck in the initial phase of “oh wow I can eat all this food!”. The actual idea is that once freedom is given and no food is seen as “bad”, after an initial period where you eat like a kid in a candy store, all this previously “forbidden” food will lose it’s shine and you’ll realise you only wanted it because it was forbidden, not because it tastes amazing. You’re also supposed to work on portion sizes and feeling full, so the idea is that you come away with a balanced approach to food and become someone who can eat one slice of cake and not freak out about it and think “oh well I’ve fucked up I may as well eat the entire cake”. Grace doesn’t get it and doesn’t use it properly.

Disclaimer: I used intuitive eating as a tool to stop a starve/binge cycle and it was extremely successful for me (I am a healthy weight and actually lost weight from eating intuitively).

ANYWAY, the therapist was definitely dodgy. I remember her saying in Grace’s ‘Clean Eating, Dirty Secrets’ show that her clinic had heard from half of the top Instagram influencers in the country. What an obvious lie! How would you even quantify that?

They also offered Grace private one-to-one sessions which they do not actually offer in general - it’s only group therapy sessions, and incredibly overpriced at that (or at least it was at the time of Grace’s treatment). They basically gave her special treatment in return for advertising them.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She said in the live that her therapist was male so I guess it’s someone else now?

Reactions: 1
We have a young a&e attender (sickle cell) who comes in at least once a week. They barely look up from their phone when they check in. Or when anything else is being done for them (bloods, obs etc...). No please or thank yous when asking for blankets and hot chocolate. We are pretty sure they’re just hooked on pain relief. I can’t stand patients that do this with their phones. They are so rude, it really takes the piss.
Sickle cell is no joke. Im very shocked you think they are 'hooked on pain relief' irs a horrible disease and one that a lot of pain relief helps if it even touches the surface

What would you rather them do? Knowing they come in every week you should then perhaps know its having an effect on his mental illness, imagine knowing he has to go in every week for pain meds / relief? Or would you rather they even dont get oxygen as did the poor boy who was was refused oxygen and pain meds, had to call 999 from hosp bed and died

Sometimes have compassion. Not every ill person is going to say please and thanks you's. Sometimes the illness is overwhelming and too much. Knowing this boy comes in every week should make you think he has alsp perhaps had enough. Noone wants that. So instead of insinuating he is hooked on pain meds. Maybe educate yourself on sickle cell and how horrible and painful of a disease it is. It is people with your mindset who let others die because of how they percieve someone with an illness. A little compassion wouldnt harm you. And this is why people die in hospitals.

So sometimes please and thank you is something an ill person can barely say when they live witha chroni illness and are in and out of hospital.

With Grace and others who think hospital staff sre below them and think ill of them then thats a different story and they are idiots.

Also, would you be saying the same if this biy wasnt black? We all know black people are the ones rhat suffer with sickle cell disease. A little compassion wouldnt go amiss. After a boy having oxygen denied because they made their assumptions about him lying about not being able to breathe and in pain, that should have woken you up about this boy you see regularly. Do you speak with him? Have a chat with him knowing you see him on a weekly basis because he needs medical attention? Im sure if he wasnt black you wouldnt be saying the same tit

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 85

I am actually so so so disgusted by this. You really honestly need to think about your role as a healthcare provider if you think its ok to spout such toxic prejudiced nonsense.

Fully echo the other poster who says you should educate yourself on both sickle cell and poor care/health outcomes for black people.

Sickle cell is a painful debilitating chronic disease that takes over lives and shortens it. I'd be rude to if I had to spend every week in pain in hospital under the care of judgemental people like yourself. People with sickle cell are frequently not believed, called drug seekers and not given adequate pain relief.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
I hope you take some time to read the other comments on your post and reflect on your attitude, it's really sad that fellow HCPs feel like this towards people in their care.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Ok, like a lot of people, I literally just watched about 90 seconds of her live before having to switch off. But I did see her say about her hair “when you’re in a coma, nobody gives a duck” so it got matted. Yeah.... they were trying to keep your organs going and keep you alive but let’s just go with “don’t give a duck” because they didn’t sit there there brushing your hair every day. I’m sure I’ve seen someone say that patients in comas do have their hair looked after however grace was in hospital in the height of the worst peak of covid so I’m sure this wasn’t as much of a priority as it usually is!
Yes this comment fucked me off. You have no idea how guilty we all felt that we simply didn’t have the time to do patients hair as often as we’d like. We’d try, but at the peak it was crazy and we were just doing what we could to keep them alive and comfortable. Covid icu patients are sick sick sick. So to have whole icus full of them was quite something. Today I am at work and it’s business as usual. All patients in my bay have had their hair brushed and braided!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Hi guys, new to the site. Is anyone watching her live. I must say she looks very pretty with her head shaved, it really suits her. I’m just baffled by the way she speaks about her son? “*smacks* He’s just LITERALLY the best. Just the best. We are obsessed with each other, he’s the best.” I’ve heard her go into more detail when it comes to describing how much she loves a burger. Nothing on his routine, things he likes, how she felt when she saw him. Just the best.
tbh I reckon it’s because she doesnt know what he
likes or routine. she sadly has
missed so much and she’s going to have to really work on bonding i hope she gets good support. When she gets home it’s not like she will be a
lot of help.

Reactions: 12
tbh I reckon it’s because she doesnt know what he
likes or routine. she sadly has
missed so much and she’s going to have to really work on bonding i hope she gets good support. When she gets home it’s not like she will be a
lot of help.
100% this. Sadly she’ll have no idea of his likes/dislikes only what she’s been told by others. She has said she’s having therapy and has PTSD and whilst the baby won’t remember his first few months without his Mum, she will do.

Reactions: 5
Can someone explain why she is still in that rehab hospital? On her Live she basically made it seem like she was perfectly fine, completely cured, and was in there of her own volition and could leave whenever she wants. I find that hard to believe!

Reactions: 10
Can someone explain why she is still in that rehab hospital? On her Live she basically made it seem like she was perfectly fine, completely cured, and was in there of her own volition and could leave whenever she wants. I find that hard to believe!
Yes I wondered that as she came across as quite healthy on the live. Compared to Kate Garraways husband who is still almost non verbal and bed bound but has just returned home. Although I’m definitely not medically qualified and realise there is probably a lot more to it than being awake and just *appearing* well.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.