Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bumblebees19

VIP Member
What did we all say? Grace your size is not healthy. This is absolutely terrible. I can’t. She hasn’t even met her son yet. Fuck sake...

And all this plus size magic and fat phobia bollocks... and now this...

🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️ oh my god Im shaking

I don’t think now is the time for this kind of thing. We’re not doctors. It’s inappropriate.

• Heart
Reactions: 114
No we’re not her doctors, that’s why we’re not going to diagnose or speculate on timelines. But whilst she’s in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator, likely in ICU we can suggest that things are looking pretty fucking bleak and to have a tiny modicum of respect and not look to dig someone out for their weight until they’re guaranteed to live and spend time with their newborn?!

Im not moderating the thread but fuck me how low are some people’s personal standards

• Heart
Reactions: 113

Gold_7

Chatty Member
I survived because I'm me... oh fuck off. How insulting to every hard working member of the NHS staff that worked tirelessly to keep her alive.
I don’t follow this person and I only know a little of her recent illness. A couple of people I follow on Twitter liked her tweet, and that’s how I saw it. The insensitivity is breathtaking.

my husband died of Covid nine weeks ago this evening and seeing a tweet like that actually made me feel physically sick. He didn’t fight hard enough? And all the others who lost their lives as well? Wtaf.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 107

getawaywithit

VIP Member
I actually think her tweet is so telling in terms of her psychology— like, she truly tells on herself there in a desperate attempt to assuage her ego.

In my opinion, it’s clear from her tweet that deep down, perhaps even subconsciously, she feels a shame over actually getting that sick, and to the point of being in a coma for months. This shame comes from the fact that her identity has been based on a mythology of her physical greatness, her absolute health, her defiance of popular expectation. Yet in the midst of proudly proving what a healthy and normal pregnant woman she is..... she actually becomes the opposite— she is a high risk patient, she catches COVID, and it does such damage to her that she is in the ICU in a coma and unable to be near her newborn baby, causing untold mental and physical trauma to her and her son.

So instead of reckoning with that, she has to publicly declare that in fact the whole thing was even MORE proof of how great, wondrous, defiant and, almost, healthy she truly is and always was! Getting sick isn’t the point, the point is that it is her and especially her that was able to beat the sickness, because that is who she is. The whole thing shows a girl who is desperately clinging to her identity that she needs to feel worthy, somehow. And also it reveals a problem with the HAES mentality, which is— is it okay if you’re not healthy? If you admit that you are sick... is there weakness in that?

• Heart
Reactions: 101

normalishperson

I kinda wanted to chime in with my perspective on the whole thing, as a plus-size person who got COVID at the exact same time as Grace. I'm also the same age as her and roughly the same size. I don't have any kids or dependents.

Having COVID was terrifying. Not being able to breathe was horrible. Dealing with all of the symptoms whilst also knowing that I was statistically very likely to end up on a ventilator because of my size was even worse. There was a point where my breathing got really bad and I thought shit, this is it.

3 months on, I'm being investigated for heart problems. Prior to getting COVID I was one of those extremely lucky fat people that genuinely had no metabolic issues. Yes, I was fat (still am) and that caused knee problems and put me at higher risk for things, but all of my metabolic shit was pretty perfect. No indicators of any impending illnesses, just a general sense that if I stayed at that size I'd reach that point eventually. And well, now I've got a weird heart. It's not completely fucked, and Doctors are confident that it will get better as time passes, but it's put the fear of God in me.

I had an extremely lucky escape with COVID. I should have been in the same position as Grace, but I wasn't. As soon as I was well enough to start actively trying to lose weight, I did. I've lost over a stone just through changing my eating habits. Hopefully, I'll get the all-clear to join a gym when they reopen. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager, and falling into HAES was so easy and validating. But I can't be that person anymore. I can't almost deliberately keep myself at a weight that makes me more likely to die. I can't do that to myself, or my loved ones, and I'm not even a parent yet.

I know COVID affects everyone differently, but I also know that being obese is a proven risk factor. It's also one of the only risk factors that you have complete control over.

This won't be the world's last pandemic, but I want to know that when the next one comes, I got myself out of the high-risk category. I hope that Grace fully appreciates the hard work of the NHS staff and the sheer dumb luck that went into her survival. I hope that she lives a long, full life with her family and baby boy. I hope that she does everything she can so that this never happens again. I hope this has given her a fresh perspective, and that it helps her look after herself. I hope that she sees taking responsibility for her health as the ultimate act of self-care.

Maybe this post was a bit of a ramble, but I wanted to share my story as someone who is a lot like Grace in many ways. I wish her nothing but the best and nothing but good vibes.

• Heart
Reactions: 92

Devitodorito

Wow, still an absolute fucking twat then.
No it’s not because you are you. It’s because you lucked out and had endless hardworking doctors and nurses battling to save your Covid spreading fat backside.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 89

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I’m so delighted and relieved Grace woke up and worried every single day about her. It’s wonderful and brilliant that she survived. What a fantastic service the NHS is.
I just think the ‘because I’m me’ is a kick in the face for anyone who didn’t and anyone who lost loved ones.
8D83DCE0-4F3D-4C7A-BEFE-FC5EE5023903.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 89

muggedoff

I honestly can’t believe the number of “I told you so” comments here while this woman is fighting for her life. This is the only site that has so many of these comments, lipstick alley and Instagram are even more positive! This is a new low for Tattle.

Everyone is bringing up her weight but ignoring the fact that multiple slim black women have died or gone into comas in the UK during childbirth due to medical racism, such as doctors and nurses downplaying their pain and calls for help. Let’s not forget that black people are also at more risk of dying from covid. You can blame her suffering for being obese but don’t ignore the other factors that she can’t help.

I have criticised Grace before but have nothing but currently feel nothing worry and hope for her to pull through, I’ve been following her since her early days on YouTube and I pray she can recover for her baby.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 85

Helen

Administrator
We've discussed this amongst ourselves and feel that the thread should remain locked for now as there's nothing to say currently other than wishing her well.

• Heart
Reactions: 82

Bima6694

A nurse commented in the staff room the other day about how much they’re looking forward to not having to care for so many fatties going forward.
I'm sorry but if this is true and you agree with the sentiment, fu. This is why overweight people are scared of going to the doctor's. People in hospitals shouldn't be looking down on 'fatties'. Honestly fuck off, we're people too

• Heart
Reactions: 78

memoii11

VIP Member
Wow what a kick in the teeth for the families of the people who didn't survive. You'd have thought a life changing event like this would change a person, but no.

• Heart
Reactions: 75

NParker

Chatty Member
I don’t think now is the time for this kind of thing. We’re not doctors. It’s inappropriate.
I may be in the minority and I truly don't wish to offend anyone, but not to address it would be the elephant in the room. She's been in poor health, out of breath and chronically tired for years, Covid was the icing on the cake.

As long as no one is bashing her - and I'm sure we are all wishing her well - I don't see the problem in mentioning the obvious. She spent the entire pregnancy, complaining about ridiculous things (not being able to go on holiday), marginalising people who couldn't have children via her manifesting, and playing down the reality of a plus sized pregnancy. And this is someone who makes a living from her size and all that comes with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

VV93

Just read the news and this is so sad. Not a big fan of hers and even I’m crying.
Such a sad situation, especially when there is a baby involved, luckily he has his father with him. I would like to ask that people do not make this about weight. Covid does not discriminate and those in intensive care are not always overweight. The weight will not help in her ability to fight this off but we cannot blame it on her situation at a time like this it’s not factual and is cruel and unnecessary. Grace is not in intensive care because of her weight she’s in there because she caught covid.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

bumblebees19

VIP Member
I may be in the minority and I truly don't wish to offend anyone, but not to address it would be the elephant in the room. She's been in poor health, out of breath and chronically tired for years, Covid was the icing on the cake.

As long as no one is bashing her - and I'm sure we are all wishing her well - I don't see the problem in mentioning the obvious. She spent the entire pregnancy, complaining about ridiculous things (not being able to go on holiday), marginalising people who couldn't have children via her manifesting, and playing down the reality of a plus sized pregnancy. And this is someone who makes a living from her size and all that comes with it.

I’m no fan of Grace and have huge issues with many things she has said/done throughout her pregnancy and before. What I do know is there is a premature baby, a woman in a coma, and a family in turmoil. I know comment policing isn’t welcome so I’ll bow out now but think perhaps some comments can wait.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

esky203

We’re not.

But you can’t deny her weight plays a part in this. It’s sad but it’s the truth. I’m sorry but I’m not sugar coating anything. Truth hurts.
She’s had trouble breathing before today due to her size and now she’s got a baby who’s premature and she’s fighting for her life.

She is obese with covid.

If you’re telling me to ignore it then you’re as bad. It would be all the same for someone with anorexia. Your body just can’t take. You’ve worsened yourself already and you’ve got an added illness?

Its a sad situation. I am by no means wishing the worst on her.

But it this is reality, this is what has happened and when you don’t take care of yourself on top of having COVID then this is the solid proof of putting to bed all of that “big girl magic” and “fatphobia” rubbish.

This is coming from someone who has witnessed their own father drop down dead from a heart attack a couple of years ago as he was a big man himself. Obesity did that.

There is no time like the present to tell the bloody truth about someone.

Other than that, I wish Grace a safe recovery and after all of this to properly start taking care of herself. Not just to her but for her son.
You're not the brave hero you think you are with this case you're trying to champion at this precise moment in time.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71

JLXRD

VIP Member
maybe delete this now. Doesn’t look good with the recent news x
I mean... you say this but the reason this was said was because Grace essentially said people with fertility issues didn’t ‘manifest’ hard enough to not have fertility issues?

Just because a bad thing happens doesn’t undo all her asshole behaviour before. If this happened to someone else I wouldn’t put it past Grace to say they hadn’t manifested hard enough.

We all don’t wish ill on her, but she has said some awful things and I don’t think we should just pretend she hasn’t because she is ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 71