Grace Victory #2 spiritual quack with the shortest bum crack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m massively insulted by her saying she “manifested” this baby. I have been trying for 8 years, the Drs can not figure out why we can’t get pregnant, I talk about being pregnant and a mum ALL the god damn time, I stop in baby aisles, I even add baby items to my basket then delete the whole online cart. I’ve cried and cried that life is being so cruel. I have prayed, I have begged, I have done everything yet still no baby and she has the audacity to say she manifested it.
Maybe I don’t want it enough eh Grace?!
insensitive cow!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
I’m massively insulted by her saying she “manifested” this baby. I have been trying for 8 years, the Drs can not figure out why we can’t get pregnant, I talk about being pregnant and a mum ALL the god damn time, I stop in baby aisles, I even add baby items to my basket then delete the whole online cart. I’ve cried and cried that life is being so cruel. I have prayed, I have begged, I have done everything yet still no baby and she has the audacity to say she manifested it.
Maybe I don’t want it enough eh Grace?!
insensitive cow!
This is why I loathe the Law of Attraction and the like, it’s only a money making scheme,ie it only makes sense to greedy people trying to get material success. It’s complete bollocks but so damaging to people who have a need or longing that cannot be bought. Ignore her love, she’s just talking tit,

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I really hope she doesn’t upset women, but I do hope if they are upset they find this thread and can seek solace in the knowledge this is the biggest pile of tit going.

We have to remember the realities of trying to conceive aren’t aligned with her bullshit #brand, so she won’t tell them. If she could tell us she fucked a crystal and became pregnant with triplets she would.
Once I calm down a bit I'm going to email Gleam. I'm not sitting here being told I'm just not manifesting hard enough by a woman who thinks she can manifest a bleeping water birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
How convenient that she was planning to leave YouTube for good unless she had a baby and could do family content? I guess this is another way to ‘secure the bag’ for a few more years 🥱

If she’s mindful of what she sees and reads then surely she can understand that her own content has an impact on others?! Of course she’s excited but I had hoped that Grace would be a little more sensitive, considering her own past experiences.

Reactions: 20
It’s available but as everything else in the NHS criminally underfunded / limited.

She’ll be in the labour ward where ours only had one pool, and if a woman is already in there then tough luck 🤷🏻‍♀️ In the birth centre it was depends on availability again.

She’ll have had one or two MW appts tops so not sure where she’s getting her expertise from. She should educate herself far more as I can’t imagine a lot of what she’s saying will happen for her, sadly. At least then she can get a book deal on medical trauma and become a doula whilst begging for freebies for the kid 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah, there's literally one facility for water birth my country and I presume it's first come, first served too. I can understand not wanting to be ruled by fear as I get the impression a lot of people kind of swoop in with unsolicited opinions and warnings and doom out of nowhere once they know someone's pregnant, but I feel like there's a difference between establishing some boundaries for that and staying positive about pregnancy, and basically refusing to believe anything could go wrong or other than planned.

Also the "manifesting" business is incredibly tone deaf, oof

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m really horrified by Grace’s comments and I actually knew her when we were younger...when I got pregnant with my first, I was a small size 10, no risk factors, and was planning on a water birth in the birth centre. I wasn’t scared at all. Within 20 minutes of being at the hospital, I was rushed to labour ward, given a spinal and my daughter was pulled out of me! She has no clue the things that can go wrong for even the lowest risk person. I was absolutely terrified of labour when I fell pregnant with my son and his birth went wrong as well as he got stuck by his shoulders and consultants had to manipulate his shoulders to get him out, and the whole time he wasn’t breathing. I wish Grace would just think before she speaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Does she really think people have no idea about having babies being bigger?
she’s so arrogant it grates me! She’s a lot bigger than I was when pregnant and I was consultant led, it’s just the dismissal of any issue really annoys me! She will 100% have been told!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Concerning that her midwife said that the plus size ladies she has looked after hadn’t actually suffered from any of the associated risks! Find this hard to believe, unless she’s newly qualified! There is a reason they are considered a high risk pregnancy surely?!

Reactions: 9
Sorry to double post but I’m also really pissed off about the whole assumption that she’ll just be able to breast feed. She thinks she’ll be able to squeeze her nipple and it’ll just shoot out....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You may get to that stage after a few weeks/months but the initial weeks are really hard and something you have to push through if you even can. I had to stop with both of mine as I got an infection with one and didn’t produce enough milk with my second. SHE’S MAKING ME SO ANGRY.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Once I calm down a bit I'm going to email Gleam. I'm not sitting here being told I'm just not manifesting hard enough by a woman who thinks she can manifest a bleeping water birth.
It’s a shame she can’t manifest being a decent human being. All that money wasted on ‘finding herself’ and vibrating spiritual improvements and she’s still a twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Sorry to double post but I’m also really pissed off about the whole assumption that she’ll just be able to breast feed. She thinks she’ll be able to squeeze her nipple and it’ll just shoot out....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You may get to that stage after a few weeks/months but the initial weeks are really hard and something you have to push through if you even can. I had to stop with both of mine as I got an infection with one and didn’t produce enough milk with my second. SHE’S MAKING ME SO ANGRY.
breast feeding is so hard!! I found that harder than the labour process.

i hope she does have a healthy pregnancy but she is in for a tough road and she really needs to be realistic, its very easy for your pregnancy and labour to not go the way you have imagined and it leads the door to PND.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
As a doctor, I can guarantee that nearly all consultants will say that she is high risk. Especially given that she's not just overweight, she is probably classed as obese to morbidly obese and it is NOT being fatphobic when being obese has a documented and evidenced risk of complications in pregnancy. It is so irresponsible to deem tit like that as fatphobic when it's just science and fact. It's not that doctors want obesity to be a risk factor and are just making it up, she sounds dumb.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Also very insensitive considering she identifies as black and black women have some of the highest fatality during birth rates in the western world.

Lucky she has a black doula (and I think black midwife) but a lot of black women are actually nervous around pregnancy and giving birth following the recent death of Nicole Thea. AND Serena Williams and Beyonce also saying they both nearly died giving birth.

On top of that, giving birth takes a lot out of a woman.

So no, fear isn't "pointless" emotion. If she's not scared, good on her. But fear is valid and needs calming and reassurance, that's all.
It's only when it suits her and her brand. She's not interested otherwise. Given how arrogant she is she probably assumes that those women just didn't do enough womb healing and manifesting. They just weren't capable 🙄

Reactions: 8
breast feeding is so hard!! I found that harder than the labour process.

i hope she does have a healthy pregnancy but she is in for a tough road and she really needs to be realistic, its very easy for your pregnancy and labour to not go the way you have imagined and it leads the door to PND.
Thank you and @clarethomas for sharing this, honesty (Grace google it x) like this really helps women. I’ve been lucky in my BF journey hasn’t been *too* bad purely as latching hasn’t been a problem but fussing & distraction have, it’s always nice to have a reminder that it’s not a binary pass / fail test but a journey unique to you and your baby & family that you all go on together. The last bleeping thing we need is another unqualified person chucking their misguided and dangerous opinions into the ring.

Although tbh the insta mama days look numbered, it’s all a bit passé now? The women at the peak of that wave are all 3-4 years past pregnancy and early days in their late 30s / early 40s, as are their audiences. I don’t think women these days really want to engage with this content, and people are caring more about the kid’s rights to privacy and not being flogged for cash. I suppose when you need the money you’ll try anything though 😬

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.