Grace Victory #2 spiritual quack with the shortest bum crack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god there’s so much to say, but I feel bad saying it?

I’m always on her for her misrepresentation re health - I really don’t care if she’s a size 2 or 222 it’s not a fat shaming thing but the misinformation she shares with a young female audience is reprehensible and could kill someone.

I think it’s cruel to lie about her risk assessment. Other pregnant women with an above recommended BMI are going to be horrified when they’re told they’re high risk, have to birth in a labour ward, need testing for GD or that they have it. You can’t be body positive / an advocate whilst denying the truth?

I had a high risk pregnancy (because of previous cancer) and you do have to adjust your expectations, put up with more interventions, and mourn not being able to have a posh MC mama home birth in a water pool, it’s tit doing your birthing classes and everyone else’s birth plans involve no interventions etc and you know you’ve just gotta cope with whatever life chucks at you, like those are conversations of value to be had not her being in utter denial. I was in a waiting room with a girl who must have been a size 16-18 tops and she’d been given a diet consultant and a midwife who deals with GD for her, I only had one cancer consultant so she seemed to have more appts than me. Shocked Grace miraculously doesn’t require them. Maybe she’ll come to peace with it 🤷🏻‍♀️

ETA sorry to be a complete witch but she’s 3 months right? I could still fit into my normal skinny jeans around then I just looked permanently bloated, so idk why she’s cradling her stomach like it’s the origin of life itself 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I guess she will have a nanny to ensure she can carry on with the nap schedule that she has. I thought that being over a cetain weight made in very difficult to become pregnant - perhaps she is smaller than she looks and photoshops herself to look more plus sized? Anyone know how tall she is?

I think she's 5ft7 or 8 if I remember correctly

Reactions: 2
Ok so her Q&A was... a lot. Particular highlights attached.

Is it plausible that the midwife has never had an overweight mother with complications? I would have thought it’s very common. She’s desperate to deny that her size is a problem here and it’s harmful.

How can she possibly look pregnant when her stomach is already massive? It may be “higher” but a stranger would take one look at her and think she’s just fat.

She should take some responsibility and admit the struggles she’s facing, that would make her relatable and educational in this new role of pregnant vlogger.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Is it plausible that the midwife has never had an overweight mother with complications? I would have thought it’s very common. She’s desperate to deny that her size is a problem here and it’s harmful.

How can she possibly look pregnant when her stomach is already massive? It may be “higher” but a stranger would take one look at her and think she’s just fat.

She should take some responsibility and admit the struggles she’s facing, that would make her relatable and educational in this new role of pregnant vlogger.
Also her tone speaks volumes. I find her very passive aggressive in topics about her weight, she seems to always bring up ‘thin’ women in weight topics and it always involves a ‘lol’. Interesting.

Reactions: 30
She doesn't look pregnant "as duck" and like the poster above said, even for slim women it's not uncommon not to show at 4 months.

I feel like she desperately wants to prove she's having the most normal of normal pregnancy despite her size.

I'm size 10 but I've always had a belly so even though I'm not big I wouldn't expect to look pregnant "as duck" until the 5th or 6th month. That's the way my body goes. It is what it is.

Reactions: 21
Her Q&A is so insensitive. Think about all those women who want babies and spend thousands of pounds trying but for some reason, can’t. Did they not manifest hard enough? Did “God” not want a baby in their tummy?

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Despite the pregnancy giving her a lot of content, i actually think it could be damaging to her brand if she doesn’t watch her tone.

I found some of her q&a answers very short sighted and potentially damaging and hurtful to women who are struggling to conceive or are having/have had difficult pregnancies.

“I know my body is capable” I think even using words like capable could really sting women who are having fertility issues.

She needs to acknowledge that she’s been very lucky to get pregnant. I know a lot of people believe in manifesting and energy but to apply it to pregnancy implies that women who can’t get pregnant aren’t manifesting hard enough.

To say that fear is a pointless emotion etc is dismissive of the anxieties that a lot of first time mothers feel - they already feel stupid/guilty for feeling worried, why pile it on?! Especially as a mental health advocate.

she chops and changes what she wants to advocate for depending on where she is in her life and what suits her and she’s BS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Her Q&A is so insensitive. Think about all those women who want babies and spend thousands of pounds trying but for some reason, can’t. Did they not manifest hard enough? Did “God” not want a baby in their tummy?
I was SHOOK at the ‘how long did it take to conceive?’ question. Stop being a sanctimonious arse and just tell us when you came off contraception, that was what the question was asking. You didn’t manifest your pregnancy, you came off contraception and *wow* as per science you had some sex, an egg was fertilised and you created a life. There’s nothing ‘wild lol’ about BASIC BIOLOGY. If I was having difficulty getting pregnant, I’d be going off on her.

She lacks so much maturity and awareness it’s unbelievable. Back to therapy for you hun, the work is not over yet!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
‘We didn’t try to conceive’ what a load of rubbish! She’s been having unprotected sex for a lot longer than 2 months according to what she’s said before. Her attitude is so arrogant, as if people who struggle to conceive (which is extremely common) just don’t want or deserve a baby enough and that they just need to stand in Tesco’s baby aisle to solve their problems 😡

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 25

She’s lying, it’s not at the midwife’s discretion to categorise your risk. I wish I still had my folder where they classify your risk category, it’s a formula with sliding scales. Maybe if there’s any currently pregnant women w their yellow files on the thread can take a look and better describe it?

And idk like the other poster I was a 10/12 with a tummy (and loose skin from my first surgery) and was still at work pre covid at 3/4 months, no one had spotted it by then because I simply wasn’t showing. Certainly did not look pregnant as duck, she’s delusional.

Despite the pregnancy giving her a lot of content, i actually think it could be damaging to her brand if she doesn’t watch her tone.

I found some of her q&a answers very short sighted and potentially damaging and hurtful to women who are struggling to conceive or are having/have had difficult pregnancies.

“I know my body is capable” I think even using words like capable could really sting women who are having fertility issues.

She needs to acknowledge that she’s been very lucky to get pregnant. I know a lot of people believe in manifesting and energy but to apply it to pregnancy implies that women who can’t get pregnant aren’t manifesting hard enough.

To say that fear is a pointless emotion etc is dismissive of the anxieties that a lot of first time mothers feel - they already feel stupid/guilty for feeling worried, why pile it on?! Especially as a mental health advocate.

she chops and changes what she wants to advocate for depending on where she is in her life and what suits her and she’s BS
Agreed. Also I didn’t want to mention it but I can’t imagine she’ll be birthing, she’ll likely need a c section (GD = big baby) so it’s silly for her to be chatting uneducated tit yet again.

Reactions: 11
I was SHOOK at the ‘how long did it take to conceive?’ question. Stop being a sanctimonious arse and just tell us when you came off contraception, that was what the question was asking. You didn’t manifest your pregnancy, you came off contraception and *wow* as per science you had some sex, an egg was fertilised and you created a life. There’s nothing ‘wild lol’ about BASIC BIOLOGY. If I was having difficulty getting pregnant, I’d be going off on her.

She lacks so much maturity and awareness it’s unbelievable. Back to therapy for you hun, the work is not over yet!
She thinks she’s tired now.......😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She can absolutely duck off to the far side of duck if she thinks she manifested her pregnancy. So you wished for it? Just like people who have been trying for years, and 'manifesting' hasn't worked. duck you. How insensitive.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The manifestation tit is damaging. Vibrating in mother nature??? What a wanker

Regarding her choice of a water birth too, I know I mentioned previously about BMI cut offs but there is categorically no way the NHS will allow that. Imagine they get into difficulty during labour and the struggle of having to lift her out the birthing pool in an emergency....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
She can absolutely duck off to the far side of duck if she thinks she manifested her pregnancy. So you wished for it? Just like people who have been trying for years, and 'manifesting' hasn't worked. duck you. How insensitive.
I really hope she doesn’t upset women, but I do hope if they are upset they find this thread and can seek solace in the knowledge this is the biggest pile of tit going.

We have to remember the realities of trying to conceive aren’t aligned with her bullshit #brand, so she won’t tell them. If she could tell us she fucked a crystal and became pregnant with triplets she would.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Through her I learned that hospital water births are a thing, so I guess that's something!

Dare I ask what "womb healing" might be?

Her Q&A was fucked up and I hope people call her out on it.

Fed up of her spiritual bullshit, crystals, manifesting, womb healing. It’s dangerous and offensive in this circumstance, quite frankly.

She needs to acknowledge how lucky she is that she’s gotten pregnant so easily despite her size, and that she’s healthy despite her size.

I despair at her defensiveness, she’s definitely not showing and it’s very likely we won’t ever be able to tell she’s pregnant from just looking at her.

Yes, Grace, plenty of thin women don’t show until 6 months or so but they absolutely do show by 9 months, while you are probably going to struggle with having your “bump” recognised by strangers as a pregnancy and not fat. Start mentally preparing yourself now.

Reactions: 23
Through her I learned that hospital water births are a thing, so I guess that's something!

Dare I ask what "womb healing" might be?
It’s available but as everything else in the NHS criminally underfunded / limited.

She’ll be in the labour ward where ours only had one pool, and if a woman is already in there then tough luck 🤷🏻‍♀️ In the birth centre it was depends on availability again.

She’ll have had one or two MW appts tops so not sure where she’s getting her expertise from. She should educate herself far more as I can’t imagine a lot of what she’s saying will happen for her, sadly. At least then she can get a book deal on medical trauma and become a doula whilst begging for freebies for the kid 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also very insensitive considering she identifies as black and black women have some of the highest fatality during birth rates in the western world.

Lucky she has a black doula (and I think black midwife) but a lot of black women are actually nervous around pregnancy and giving birth following the recent death of Nicole Thea. AND Serena Williams and Beyonce also saying they both nearly died giving birth.

On top of that, giving birth takes a lot out of a woman.

So no, fear isn't "pointless" emotion. If she's not scared, good on her. But fear is valid and needs calming and reassurance, that's all.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
The manifestation tit is damaging. Vibrating in mother nature??? What a wanker

Regarding her choice of a water birth too, I know I mentioned previously about BMI cut offs but there is categorically no way the NHS will allow that. Imagine they get into difficulty during labour and the struggle of having to lift her out the birthing pool in an emergency....
Exactly true. There’s is no way she will be allowed a water birth. She’ll be hooked up to all sorts of machines. She’s so cocky and has no clue

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.