Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
Plus it’s funny. The ad campaign was shit and Alfie is a Tory. She needs to get a sense of humour and stop being such a fuckin brown nose. She’s just as bad for tweeting that and sending people after her.
Get a sense of humour Grace and maybe some class.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Pinkii

VIP Member
Its really annoying when you can’t discuss a bigger influencer without being called fatphobic 🙄 well done for being a midwife but I don’t believe she is healthy, she might be lucky and have a healthy pregnancy ( and I hope she does) but I don’t believe she is healthy sorry 🤷🏽‍♀️ glamorising bring overweight is not sensible imo and that doesn’t make fatphobic for stating so.

Tintin93

Bloody hell this thread. Grace is annoying as hell, the crystal bullshit is quackery and the manifesting is indulgent bollocks, but all the stuff about her weight is so offensive.

I am a midwife, and yes there are some risks related to increased BMI (which in itself is a rubbish tool for measuring an individual’s health) and when you look at the evidence, the risks are very small. But if you haven’t seen her blood results, her scan, her screening results, you have no idea if this pregnancy is progressing typically or not. All the people who have written ‘I’m just worried about her health’ just stop. It’s not worry at all, it’s coming from a fatphobic, judgy viewpoint.
Mentioning someone’s weight out of health concerns isn’t fatphobic? That word gets thrown around these days doesn’t it. Maybe BMI can be a rubbish tool but nothing can argue against the fact that being overweight and having that much actual fat on your body is extremely strenuous on the organs not to mention high blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugars etc etc etc. No fatphobia here just facts.

frillylilly

Chatty Member
Despite the pregnancy giving her a lot of content, i actually think it could be damaging to her brand if she doesn’t watch her tone.

I found some of her q&a answers very short sighted and potentially damaging and hurtful to women who are struggling to conceive or are having/have had difficult pregnancies.

“I know my body is capable” I think even using words like capable could really sting women who are having fertility issues.

She needs to acknowledge that she’s been very lucky to get pregnant. I know a lot of people believe in manifesting and energy but to apply it to pregnancy implies that women who can’t get pregnant aren’t manifesting hard enough.

To say that fear is a pointless emotion etc is dismissive of the anxieties that a lot of first time mothers feel - they already feel stupid/guilty for feeling worried, why pile it on?! Especially as a mental health advocate.

she chops and changes what she wants to advocate for depending on where she is in her life and what suits her and she’s BS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Lk1991

I'm plus size and pregnant at 20 weeks, I am only now starting to see signs of my body changing but generally plus size women (size 22+) do not start to show the 'typical' bump until around 6 months, its mostly bloat until then, but every body is different.
I've been off birth control for over a year, I did not 'manifest' a child, it happened how biology intended and thats even with regular periods, so I find this very insensitive for her to say, even without fertility issues.

When I was 10 weeks I was called by a midwife, I told them I was overweight but healthy, so they marked me down as LOW RISK. When I had my 12 week scan I was straight away told I am HIGH RISK after weighing me and calculating my BMI which is common sense. I was told I have to give birth on the delivery suite under observation and also have to take Asprin until I give birth to reduce the risk if pre-eclampsia, this is a known fact for overweight pregnant people. I will have the blood test for gestational diabetes and have a lot more scans as I am high risk because baby can grow bigger. I'm healthy (blood pressure etc) but I am proof that being pregnant and overweight does not bring you the same experience as some one with a lower BMI. That's just the reality of it. Also, being pregnant during a pandemic is not the same, the rules can change at any time and I'm still concerned whether I will have a birth partner with me in January, so she shouldn't be so sure of herself when alot of women have had to do this alone.

Sorry for the long rant but I'm just evidence that most of what she is saying is lies and just makes other plus size women naive to the fact that this is the reality of having a baby when you're plus size and the NHS don't change their rules just because you think you can 'manifest' and believe it will go your way. It is true that most plus size women have no complications but you cannot rule them out. She's giving her viewers false hope and should use her platform to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Tintin93

Long time lurker but had to create an account when I saw the news (Sorry if I’ve incorrectly formatted) - congrats to her but so many questions.

Did anyone see this? Genuine Q as I’ve never been pregnant but does this really ensure privacy? Unless she’s planning not to share much of baby once born.
“Not going public” soz Beyonce

• Haha
Reactions: 31

caz95

Bloody hell this thread. Grace is annoying as hell, the crystal bullshit is quackery and the manifesting is indulgent bollocks, but all the stuff about her weight is so offensive.

I am a midwife, and yes there are some risks related to increased BMI (which in itself is a rubbish tool for measuring an individual’s health) and when you look at the evidence, the risks are very small. But if you haven’t seen her blood results, her scan, her screening results, you have no idea if this pregnancy is progressing typically or not. All the people who have written ‘I’m just worried about her health’ just stop. It’s not worry at all, it’s coming from a fatphobic, judgy viewpoint.
By saying that being obese doesn't automatically make you unhealthy is unwise and not really factual, obese people have increased insulin resistance, which puts them at risk at of gestational diabetes and their weight puts them at risk of venous thromboembolism, heart disease, pre-eclampsia and preterm labour. And looking at her blood pressure, scans, cholesterol levels or screening results won't change the increased risk she has for those things purely from being obese, compared to if she wasn't.
It's just like saying being a smoker doesn't make you unhealthy if your bloods and x-ray are normal, even though it increases the risk of lung cancer, respiratory conditions, heart disease and venous thromboembolism. It would be unwise to say that when clearly it is unhealthy too.

Again no one here is wanting Grace to get any of these things, but her acting oblivious and in denial to the fact that her weight could potentially be dangerous in pregnancy is not a good idea and we have the right to have an opinion on that especially on a gossip forum.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Just_Looking_

Chatty Member
I’d have more respect for her is she talked about the reality of a plus sized pregnancy instead of this charade

• Heart

Calabria

VIP Member
Sweetheart, they didn’t do a vaginal scan of the baby because it was so small. It’s because you’re so fat. Time to face up to it.

• Haha
Just watched the video and the comments are ridiculous. So many people talking about the universe and how she manifested the pregnancy and shit like that. At best it's misguided and at worse it's just offensive to those who can't get pregnant or carry a baby to term. I wish she would put an end to that talk when it comes to this sort of thing.

Reactions: 30

gossboss14

VIP Member
Ed Sheeran, who has millions of fans across the world, had a less dramatic reveal that he has a newborn than grace did to say she’s pregnant lol

• Haha

BettyBeau

VIP Member
She’s a c had to unfollow
The whole manifesting a baby is grossly insensitive and the demands to have a water birth I hope to god she doesn’t faint or the baby gets distressed as trying to haul her out whilst no ones allowed to talk will be fun

• Heart
  • Angry
Often find people who buy into conspiracy theories or extreme views do it to feel intellectually superior where they’ve got no formal education or personal successes? Like look at the sort of losers you get out on EDL rallies or the anti mask marches, lowest of British society and Grace is aspiring to join their ranks 😂😫

• Haha
  • Heart

ElleHeezy1

im sure Lee was thinner when they first met??

Not to be funny, but they have bought a bunch of "new born" clothes.... between the pair of them i don't really think they're baby will be typical new born size at all!
You can tell even from the chest up that they've both gained weight since they first got together. The blonde also does nothing for either of them.
They really are slowly but surely morphing into each other. Soon we won't be able to tell them apart 😂

Screenshot_20200930-215438.jpg
Screenshot_20200930-215532.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha

Tintin93

Ok so her Q&A was... a lot. Particular highlights attached.

Is it plausible that the midwife has never had an overweight mother with complications? I would have thought it’s very common. She’s desperate to deny that her size is a problem here and it’s harmful.

How can she possibly look pregnant when her stomach is already massive? It may be “higher” but a stranger would take one look at her and think she’s just fat.

She should take some responsibility and admit the struggles she’s facing, that would make her relatable and educational in this new role of pregnant vlogger.
Also her tone speaks volumes. I find her very passive aggressive in topics about her weight, she seems to always bring up ‘thin’ women in weight topics and it always involves a ‘lol’. Interesting.

Rlae0640

Grace & Lee have been together just under 2 years & she's already talking about how hard they've had to work at it... whew just wait until baby comes!

• Haha
I feel like a baby kinda traps him you know
Tbh a baby has never trapped any man in the history of the planet 😂 At best it’s a commitment to that child for 18 years, certainly not the mum, and even that is optimistic. And no that has nothing to do with Grace specifically nor is it fatphobic x

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Moodle8

I’m massively insulted by her saying she “manifested” this baby. I have been trying for 8 years, the Drs can not figure out why we can’t get pregnant, I talk about being pregnant and a mum ALL the god damn time, I stop in baby aisles, I even add baby items to my basket then delete the whole online cart. I’ve cried and cried that life is being so cruel. I have prayed, I have begged, I have done everything yet still no baby and she has the audacity to say she manifested it.
Maybe I don’t want it enough eh Grace?!
insensitive cow!
As someone with infertility this post makes me so sad, it’s so hard isn’t it :(

I’ve not watched her q and a and judging by this thread thank god for that. So insensitive

She’s such a knob I’m glad I’ve unfollowed before all this

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29