Grace Beverley - Grace Fit Uk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah they’re fully ready to leave the gym clothes behind and just be general wear. Grace has hinted so bad that bikinis are coming out this summer. And she posted on her insta a picture in a white pleated skirt and bodysuit (which looked like 0 support) for new tala. Should’ve known when the bin bag windbreakers were released that weren’t lounge or gym wear this is where they were going😂
And the neon “festival” cycling shorts that weren’t recommended for exercise

... guess they can be less scrutinised if they’re no longer releasing leggings that need to be squat proof
Have you guys seen how ppl were saying the Zae shirts were plagerised from AYM's bourne t-shirts? While double checking that I also noticed the Aster crops looked similar to AYM Track Crop Tops as well.

Bourne T-shirt: https://www.aym-studio.com/products/bourne-t-shirt

Track Crop Top: https://www.aym-studio.com/collections/aym-long-sleeved-tops/products/track-crop-top

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Have you guys seen how ppl were saying the Zae shirts were plagerised from AYM's bourne t-shirts? While double checking that I also noticed the Aster crops looked similar to AYM Track Crop Tops as well.

Bourne T-shirt: https://www.aym-studio.com/products/bourne-t-shirt

Track Crop Top: https://www.aym-studio.com/collections/aym-long-sleeved-tops/products/track-crop-top
dang. I actually did see one comment but it was awhile ago and 1 out of the thousands of minions. Grace, do better. Your copies are very poor quality compared to this. If you’re going to copy something, at least try a little more.

Reactions: 1
dang. I actually did see one comment but it was awhile ago and 1 out of the thousands of minions. Grace, do better. Your copies are very poor quality compared to this. If you’re going to copy something, at least try a little more.
The aym site even mentions, ‘made ethically’. What if they’re made in the same factory but grace buys the ones that don’t meet quality standards😂

(Obvs a joke as aym is made in the Uk I believe)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The aym site even mentions, ‘made ethically’. What if they’re made in the same factory but grace buys the ones that don’t meet quality standards😂

(Obvs a joke as aym is made in the Uk I believe)
Yeah they're based in Sussex. That's something I don't get about Tala- how on earth is producing products and shipping them in from Portugal more sustainable in terms of environmental impact?

Reactions: 10
Yeah they're based in Sussex. That's something I don't get about Tala- how on earth is producing products and shipping them in from Portugal more sustainable in terms of environmental impact?
I think Tala stuff is still mostly made in the far east, the wording they use is:

Wherever possible, our garments are produced and hand finished in Portugal

Not quite the same as saying everything is made in a factory in Portugal. It's just not an ethical brand compared to all of the competition and the lengths an actually sustainable and ethical brand go to.

Even worse now they’re from china

I think Tala stuff is still mostly made in the far east, the wording they use is:

Wherever possible, our garments are produced and hand finished in Portugal

Not quite the same as saying everything is made in a factory in Portugal. It's just not an ethical brand compared to all of the competition and the lengths they go.
ExactLunch, I don’t get how it can be so difficult to find places in Europe to make clothes, it’s not as if Portugal is the only place with clothing factories!

Reactions: 4

ExactLunch, I don’t get how it can be so difficult to find places in Europe to make clothes, it’s not as if Portugal is the only place with clothing factories!
Yeah surely she could’ve done in the UK tbf. The fact they started straight away with worldwide shipping as well. Hmmmm

Also, one of the things they talk about is fair wages and everyone being paid properly. Tala doesn’t actually pay the factory workers, they’re not their employees. Tala employees are just “really small team lead by grace that do everything”. So basically grace and her pls are being paid good wages.
Would be very interested to know what the people making the clothes earn. Minimum wage in portugal is 700 euro a month

Reactions: 7
Also, one of the things they talk about is fair wages and everyone being paid properly. Tala doesn’t actually pay the factory workers, they’re not their employees. Tala employees are just “really small team lead by grace that do everything”. So basically grace and her pls are being paid good wages.
Would be very interested to know what the people making the clothes earn. Minimum wage in portugal is 700 euro a month
Yeah it's like Kylie Cosmetics who only have 10 employees and everything else is outsourced to wherever makes it cheap enough. Grace and her mates get a great wage, but the actual workers aren't their employees and are employed by someone unknown who probably doesn't list ethics as one of their goals.

Reactions: 8
Yeah surely she could’ve done in the UK tbf. The fact they started straight away with worldwide shipping as well. Hmmmm

I would also be incredibly interested to hear about the figures for the Portugal factory.

Reactions: 5

I was reading GoodOnYou's review of eco-brands which includes Tala: https://directory.goodonyou.eco/brand/tala

It has this para:

TALA's environment rating is 'good'. It uses a high proportion of eco-friendly materials including upcycled materials. There is no evidence it minimises packaging. Its use of eco-friendly materials limits the amount of chemicals, water and wastewater used in production.
Its labour rating is 'it's a start'. Its final stage of production is undertaken in Portugal, a medium risk country for labour abuse. There is no evidence it has a Code of Conduct. It traces most of its supply chain including all of the final and second stages of production. There is no evidence it ensures payment of a living wage in its supply chain. It audits some of its suppliers including all of the final stage of production.
Its animal rating is 'good'. It does not use any animal products but it does not state that it's vegan.
TALA is rated 'Good' based on information from our own research.
Last Updated: November 2019

Does this mean that before this final stage of production, other sourcing occurs from elsewhere / does that matter? And so based on this, Tala traces most of its supply chain but not all? How about the first stages of production? And there is no evidence it ensures payment of a living wage in its supply chain? Jeez. Hm so many questions. And Portugal is medium risk, why have they not gone for a low risk option if they care so much? I also have the question of why not produce it in the UK? If anyone here understands this stuff better, I'd really love to hear an explanation. In GG, they were pointing out another brand that was also using Portuguese factories to produce sustainable clothing quite similar to Tala so I wonder if it's like in Portugal you have an option to rent these factories (basically a form outsourcing which is a big no no in labour issues) at a lower price than the UK that will pop out the same tit for different people for them to throw their brands and names on and greenwash.

Grace's executive assistant is on the Tala stories today - literally paid to "make Grace's life easier so she can focus on bigger projects."

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Does this mean that before this final stage of production, other sourcing occurs from elsewhere / does that matter?
It most certainly does matter, I think it often comes from the far east and the "hand finishing" could just be someone in Portugal using a machine to stitch in a TALA label. I don't know this, but it's policy is vague enough to allow this and that's the point.

Reactions: 6
The idea that Grace's life needs to be made easier makes me feel sick. The people whose lives need making easier are front line health workers, manual laborers, single mothers of large families on low incomes. Not the granddaughter of a Thatcher-loving peer of the realm.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Screenshot_20200520-162844_Chrome.jpg

I finally checked Social Blade and she's losing Instagram follows, like we suspected.

• Wow
  • Heart
Yep hasn't really gained any followers in nearly a year, just treading ground. Instagram does make it more difficult these days to fake your followers

1589990093756.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I find it mind-boggling that every one of her Tala employees is slim, conventionally attractive, mid-20s and white. She didn’t even try for any sort of diversity did she...

Reactions: 15
Ive been watching the tala staff takeovers on instagram and they all seem like lovely girls but i think everyone of them has emphasised how grace lets them have the evenings and weekends off - well i should bleeping hope so? They work for a clothing company ffs not in politics. Why does that even need to me mentioned?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.