Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 2.17.51 PM.jpg
Literally the kind of worship she gets is fucking weird like what do these people think they are going to get out of forming a cult around her. All of a sudden her stans are business experts.

• Sick
Reactions: 20

HonestUnicorn

What is it with youtubers not understanding you have a break because you have been working and being productive & are fuelling yourself (mentally, physically) to start again

ruby granger is the same, it has to be 24/7 productivity & learning & girl bossing, let people who have actual jobs have their lunch break without some jumped up business owner seemingly talking down to them because they’d rather watch Netflix than flaming ted talks
All influencers speak about being a ‘girlboss’ and how hard they work. Watch ted talks in your lunchbreak bla bla bla

When actually they never work as hard as people with a ‘normal’ job.
I don’t see many nurses who have the time to send 20 tweets during the day (doubt it was Grace’s lunchtime as she would have been watching a ted talk if it was)

so all this talk about working hard and grafting 24/7 when they actually barely do anything productive during those hours

jellybean98

I'm not trying to bash her appearance at all here, but who else thought her makeup in her latest post was just atrocious? The lipstick/awful lip liner combo was just awful to look at and the really up-close photos made me so uncomfortable. I understand that as an influencer you need to be consistently posting, but you cannot honestly tell me that she doesn't have any better photos in her phone, or that she is unable to re-do her makeup and have a quick 10 minutes photo shoot in that HUGE house of hers. I've seen comments on here that she's trying to emulate 'working class styles' and honestly I couldn't agree more. If she just owned her wealth and privilege I would respect her a lot more, but it's embarrassing to make her try and make 'chavvy chic' an aesthetic. Without getting political, it's almost as if she's poking fun at people who are working class and I find that so distasteful when she is constantly showing off her wealth on her instagram, especially the 'Chez Grez' instagram account. At first I really liked it because I love home renovation projects, but more and more it just became a brag. Did anyone else see as well that she said she was supposed to be uploading a full house tour but had to cancel because of corona, but doesn't want to do it herself because she didn't want the 'videographer' to have no work?? I appreciate the sentiment, but the videographer already has no work as they can't come to your house, so you're not being the saviour you think you are, and just get off your high horse and film it yourself. People like it when its a personal video, no one gives a flying f if its been professionally recorded, we're just nosy.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.
(Also hi, moved over to here from GG!)
View attachment 129842
See THIS, THIS IS WHAT I MEAN. Grace, baby girl, WE ARE IN A PANDEMIC. It doesn't take a genius to understand that this is so out of touch, people are dying and losing their jobs, it's a financial disaster right now and you're bragging about getting a hot tub? What is wrong with you Grace? I really hope her or part of her team reads these threads so that they can see how people really feel about her, and not just her minions on TALA and BN_D's instagram pages.

ginny1234

One thing that annoys me the most is that the way she has made her money is kind of questionable?

She basically capitalised on the insecurities that young girls have about their bodies. This whole lifting weights, gymshark, having abs over being stick thin is just another trend rebranded as something healthy but still rests on the premise of women feeling the immense pressure to have a good body. The reason she has her millions is because women are put under so much pressure about their bodies they will happily spend £40 on a guide that contains information which can be found completely free on the internet. The message she was selling Is buy my guide and you will get a body like mine. It’s about selling an ideal, even if that ideal is kind of unobtainable for most(her body is mainly down to genetics). There is nothing empowering about encouraging women to spend money on products that only exist because we make women so concerned about it in the first place.

Secondly, prior to her ‘learning’ about sustainable fashion, she earnt a significant amount of money from promoting highly unethical fast fashion brands. There was a time where every other video was a fast fashion clothing haul. I am not having a dig at her for wearing and shopping at fast fashion stores, unfortunately, we all do it, but rather, the massive promotion and profit she gained from advertising them. Whether she was aware or unaware of the impacts of fast fashion, you would know that it probably isn’t that great to be obtaining massive amounts of cheaply made clothes??? It was clear when she was making those videos that she would never wear the clothes and that they were shit quality, it was all about money money money. Part of the reason she was able to buy a nice million-pound house in London is that she profited from the promotion of highly unethical brands.

Also kind of ironic because according to Wikipedia her granddad's company back in the 80's was found out for offshore tax evasion.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

littlenoodle

View attachment 138447
I find the title of this article very interesting when the video is suppose to be a “day in the life of a CEO” they obviously realised it was a pathetic attempt at playing CEO and decided to play on the fact that she’s a total show off! God whoever edited the video also did a great job at making grace seem like an arsehole, it’s brilliant!
Also the URL says 'Instagram Influencer' which means it was the original title. But someone obviously asked for it to be changed... Lol

When she said the Nike thing on twitter, I thought Ben Francis is the owner of gymshark yet he is not the face of it like Grace throws herself to be (CEO titles and shit) she sounds like a obnoxious clown
Ben Francis actually stepped down as CEO from his own company (he wrote an article about it on his blog) because he didn't feel like he was the best person for the job. And appointed a new CEO. IMAGINE Grace doing this?! Her head is far too large.

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
hi new to this thread so sorry if this was talked about forever ago

But the boss babe mentality blows my head, she hasn’t had a single original idea. When she started her journey she followed the BBG guides, used them to get followers, then decided to slag them off for being too mean girl and created the EXACT same thing with grace fit guides???? But apparently she is better?
That same Kayla itsines girl creates an app, grace creates a shreddy app
Most fitness influencers have PT backgrounds and at least go to the gym, I don’t understand why anyone takes fitness advice of a music graduate with good genetics?

(and please let’s not pretend that releasing plain bands and plain gym is revotlutionary and bringing something different to the market)

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
The EA said in one story Grace was so kind for letting her have evenings and weekends off

Then in another she was saying how she would feel trapped in a 9-5 job so this was perfect

Then in another she told people to work on weekends to take the stress off Mondays

Then In another that grace knows she can contact her whenever

.... so basically she is on call 24/7. That sounds absolutely horrible

• Wow

sephylily

VIP Member
But... this is literally you?????

The replies to the original tweet literally describe Grace to a tee... talking about how much easier it is to start a business when ur already financially stable, when you already have a wealth of family connections etc.

Her lack of self awareness infuriates me. View attachment 127458
this from the girl who when I called her out for needing a student discount code and then called her out for her rich parents said to me I have no idea what her parents do. baby. the whole world knows what your parents do. this fake poor thing makes vom

• Angry

elttat

I understand that this is for a good cause and it’s great that this will get lots of donate but when your platform audience is mostly young girls where a large portion may be unemployed etc this isn’t a helpful way for them to help. 50 dollars is a lot of money and grace can certainly afford more than that. Don’t even get me started on the promise of free gifts if you donate. She should explain to her audience the true benefits of giving anything they can even when they won’t receive a reward for it.

Edit - just to add tho I have a lot of respect for grace and how she’s been using her platform to bring awareness the last few days, thats a lot more than other influencers have done and at least she has donated a substantial sum
1) $50 isn't a substantial sum for someone who makes as much as she does. I also don't like the bit about throwing in Tala goodies for those who match the donation. Just donate and leave it at that.

2) She uses her platform to position herself as an ally of Black people, lefties etc. because it helps her personal brand to seem more relatable. She has a good relationship with a lot of Black people in the UK creative scene and she'd get dragged if she didn't post anything tbvh. Business aside, I really don't think she gives a crap

ChelsLou

New member, hello 👋🏻
I just had to make an account and express my utter rage at TALA. I’ve already had two pairs of leggings from there that has to be re stitched after three / four wears which is obviously unacceptable and goes against their whole ‘sustainability’ movement. Anyway, I ordered the Ava trackies that launched last week and got them today and I am PISSED. They’re completely see through and are nothing like they were advertised to be on their Instagram account. False advertisement and constant disappointment is one thing BUT to also charge their customers for returns? Absolutely get to fuck. I am done with the whole brand and Grace Beverley is just a money grabbing bitch.

• Heart

jellybean98

I just think it’s so blatantly obvious that Tala IS fast fashion, they have new releases so often, the quality is awful and they don’t bother improving their original core range
I commented this on one of TALA's instagram posts a while ago, and this girl went off on me saying that I was a 'hater' and an 'anti girlboss' and that small brands HAVE to constantly be releasing things in order to stay relevant and it just made me realise how brainwashed her customers are. Anyone with half a brain can see that TALA is a fast fashion gymwear brand that is of awful quality and is run so poorly. Grace goes on and on about how she doesn't want to be the face of the brand, but doesn't realise that her customers are all her minions and that by putting yourself in all of the campaign shoots makes you part of the brand. She's such a typical white, privileged, posh, spoilt brat who used mummy and daddy's money to start a 'groundbreaking' business that isn't doing that well and is probably going to flop

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Ninjagram

Right, so probably has less control over design than we’d think

I did always wonder whn she bangs on about tala having about 3 employees and all this money it’s making. Weird that they don’t have to count any of the clothes makers etc as it’s technically outsourced

She’s also just put an Instagram highlight called “Harvard” literally CBA
Selfies pending in a Harvard basic oversized hoody with Tala cycling shorts 😳 Guyz how litty is my outfit rn yah? Bore off you brat

• Haha

nomaddie

Chatty Member
But she IS spreading herself too thin that's literally the issue we all have with Tala and B_ND!
imagine saying “the world wants you to get comfortable” instead of understanding that the “world” (aka your customers) just want consistently good products? she is so out of touch and full of herself.

(also hello from GG!)

poollounger

No, she herself (like her FB account) replied to my comment within the group. Which doesn't happen that often, so you can imagine the reaction of the minions.
Grace is a mean girl in reality and it shows in her passive-aggressive 'I'm more intelligent than you all' comments whenever shes criticised. This happens a lot with influencers because their following will blindly jump to their defence without thinking critically about the situation. They don't need to be bullying you in their original response because they know all their fans will essentially hop on and do that bit for them. Essentially, Grace gets the reaction she wants but she herself doesn't actually have to come across as blatantly rude, she just needs to express disagreement and the followers will do the rest. If she really wanted to be mature she would reply to comments privately but she knows this wouldn't have as much weight or sympathy than posting it publicly.

I'm sorry this happened to you, it's callous and manipulative.

DietGossip

VIP Member
She talks about being vegan, but then posts non-vegan sweets, selfies in her mirror with her non-vegan/cruelty free perfumes etc. in the background. Again, seems like she's suddenly blind to sustainability when it's Chanel she wants. That REALLY bothers me. Privileged white girl using sustainability like it's a disposable trend when the lives of indigenous people are being destroyed by the environmental actions of the companies her and her family are associated with. Green washing gets me SO mad. So at that stage, I unfollowed her as I was sick of her.
I'm vegan too and it baffles me how much designer non-vegan stuff Grace owns and doesn't care about because "it's second hand so it's fine". When you have a platform that big, people aren't going to see the company you bought it through, they just see a leather belt. Not to mention when she bought that £2.5k wool suit for the Tala launch- how can you be vegan, launching a vegan and sustainable company and wearing a designer wool suit to the launch party? Like it's not like she had that lying around from before she went vegan (like some of my perfumes I'm still working through and I'll be three years vegan at the end of this year). She had her PO box open for a long time and still had so many non-vegan brands sending her makeup and then defending it because it was gifted so it's not like she spent money on it.

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Yeah if I have to see her customer team say “check your dms babe” one more time, how about you check your company babe.

The worst part is that if someone slightly critiques it’s like “IT’S A SMALL START UP BUSINESS THERE’S BOUND TO BE TEETHING PROBLEMS”

Then to forbes and media etc it’s all “woo look how great we are, sold this much stock, made this many millions”

all while customers are having to pay to return their shit. I feel like it’s a type of fraud the products demonstrated on Instagram to what people receive. Tala is just a glorified wish.com

DietGossip

VIP Member
Grace has the arrogance of an upper class person who has always gotten everything they wanted purely because they had the money.

yoyosupker

Literally just about to say this... fucking hell. Again showing off “look at how much money I earned, cOmPlEtElY sElF mAdE”
The funniest thing about it is that she still manages to make decent expensive jewellery look tacky/chavy as hell

• Haha