Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I think this is what bugs me to be honest. All of the other influencers that have started brands through Genflow don't label themselves as entrepreneurs and put themselves forward for awards over actual business men and women. I really don't care how Grace makes her money and absolutely fair enough for using Genflow and cashing in on her following. But it just seems really unfair when she is taking up a space because she has succeeded in convincing people that she has done this all of this by herself.

Ultimately its dishonest and damaging to her followers. To me, exaggerating your own success and capabilities to such a great extent can be just as damaging as doctoring your photos - it is creating an entirely unattainable image.

For example: Grace told her followers that she had to write five dissertations at uni whilst singlehandedly running a business. We know this was a huge exaggeration. But how do you think her followers that actually believed she managed to do all of that felt? They probably felt incredibly stressed writing their ONE diss. Seeing Grace supposedly juggle five times more work whilst also being able to go on multiple holidays and launch multiple businesses at the same time is only going to make them feel like they are doing something wrong, that they aren't good enough, that they aren't working hard enough. When I used to follow Grace ,every time I logged onto Instagram and saw her posts that is exactly how I felt... I WAS working hard enough, I was doing 80+hours a week in the library at one point, but it always seemed like Grace was doing MORE!

I'm always happy to see successful women that young girls can look up to and at the end of the day Grace IS a very successful influencer. Perhaps she could do what Eve Cornwell has done and label herself as creative director instead? This is still a very commendable role and is much more akin to the role Grace actually plays. Maybe she actually does play an important role within Tala and I'm very sorry to Grace for underestimating her if this is the case. But how are we to know when she is so secretive about what she actually does?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

SilentSue

The idea that Grace's life needs to be made easier makes me feel sick. The people whose lives need making easier are front line health workers, manual laborers, single mothers of large families on low incomes. Not the granddaughter of a Thatcher-loving peer of the realm.

• Heart

jellybean98

I actually used to really like Grace, at one point I was considering applying to Oxford and her videos did offer some sort of insight and (before I knew much about her) she did seem relatable and interesting, and I liked her fitness content as it motivated someone like me, who has never been that into fitness. I only got properly turned off from her when she bought that fucking house and you just see how privileged she is. I will be the first to hold my hands up and say that as a white, cisgender woman, I am incredibly privileged, but Grace is so much more than that and I find it so insulting for her to sit there and claim that a 'positive mindset' is what will make me a CEO. Yeah, sure, it will probably benefit me and it won't hurt to be a positive person, but neither will a massive cheque from mummy and daddy so I'm gonna take what you say with a pinch of salt Grace.

I agree with everyone else who has said this, that she is literally unable to take criticism and takes it as a personal attack on her. Taking every single negative comment about her business as a personal attack on her is such childish behaviour and makes it so hard to take her seriously. I can never imagine acting that way and I'm younger than Grace. It just goes to show how she's never been told 'no' before in her life and doesn't like the criticism that she receives.

Lastly, and I apologise that this post is so long, it really FUCKS ME OFF that she still preaches that TALA is a sustainable company. They've just celebrated their 1 year anniversary and they have had more launches than I can count. Selling faulty products is not sustainable. Importing good from all around the globe is not sustainable. Grace needs a proper reality check to understand that no one is critiquing her personally (not from what I've seen anyway), we're merely calling her out on her massive realms of bullshit.

• Heart

MIClovergirl

VIP Member
Does anyone else find it ironic that she always calls out companies on twitter for doing stuff wrong eg poor customer service, not paying her sister, poor product quality but never addresses the issues with her own companies? When it’s aimed at her it’s just ‘hate’ and ‘jealousy’

Reactions: 22

ChelsLou

Nepotism is the only word that comes to mind when I think of this silly little girl and how she achieved her ‘fame’.

Growing up in a very working class family and having my parents starve just to feed their 3 kids because they could barely afford a weekly shop is not the greatest of childhood memories to have. Yet there is Grace, being a #giftedwanker and getting so much free food absolutely boils my fucking blood. Yes, I’m in a better place now, I can afford to live comfortably however I don’t have spare cash to throw on a fucking hot tub ‘that’ll need a crane’ 🤪. Grace, there is a PANDEMIC going on but don’t worry about that huh, as long as you have some pic’s for the gram in your hot tub with your barely covering bikini tops on... selfish selfish selfish.

I’m very aware I put ‘middle class family’ looool sorry in my fit of rage I did a typo. I didn’t grow up with money and rich parents. Just correcting myself now for those who read above 😂

Last edited:

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
For me, Grace is a quantity over quality person and I'm not sure if that is something that should want to be replicated. When you are doing so many things at once, the quality of each thing is reduced as time invested into each thing spreads thinner gradually. Like say Gymshark - Gymshark literally focuses on activewear and made more than Genflow has with all its combined influencer's businesses. If that's too big an example, take Hannah Oberg who only focuses on fitness. Her body is extremely fit (EVEN THO SHE JUST GOT PREGNANT TOO) and she is also a successful fitness influencer and now has an adorable family. Rewards and successes come in different shapes and sizes. While Grace is out here with her bands, her fitness app, her activewear, but oh wait there's protein and bcaas and whatever rip off daily dose is, oh wait there's also general fashion and not just activewear. Oh wait it's not just clothes there's frickin bamboo utensils. Her bands break, her clothes break, her fitness app is not special / has loads of problems / people find it boring etc etc. Like she thinks when people are telling you to slow down and stop spreading yourself thin it comes from a place of patronizing and disrespect, but no it comes from a genuine reflection that look maybe if you slowed down and focused on what you already have and build it to be better or of the highest quality, you'd earn more respect than right now when people are so mad at you for having product on top of product break. When Mark Zuckerburg built Facebook, he didn't try to build a second microsoft. It's like if you have x amount of energy and y amount of time, would you like to build 3 small houses with it or one mansion?

Grace is ridiculously successful at being loud and literally being an influencer - literally influencing people to buy her products FOR HER, not for their actual quality. Real business people aren't like that - we don't know the faces of so many companies and businesses, but they are famous for their outputs.

• Heart
It kind of bugs me how Grace has won young entrepreneur of the year and is on Forbes 30 under 30. I know that she has built two very successful businesses and, revenue wise, these businesses are definitely award and Forbes worthy.

But I feel bad for all the young entrepreneurs who started from nothing, started their business without having a ready made customer base, without already having millions in the bank, without having a business consultant father, business manager and personal assistant. These young people will literally have lived on the breadline to make their businesses work and will have worked 24/7 just to get the word out there and to try and get some investment. Grace didn’t need to do any of this, yet she is the one taking up a place and winning the awards over these other young entrepreneurs who quite literally overcame the odds.

Again, I’m not saying grace and her businesses aren’t successful, it’s just I know there are young entrepreneurs out there who have really done incredible things who aren’t getting any recognition because the focus is on influencers like Grace and Kylie instead. It’s not their fault, I just wish Forbes would take things like background into account when measuring someone’s achievements.

• Heart
Grace is on Twitter criticising the government and middle class for forcing their cleaners to travel and clean their homes (whilst on minimum wage); thus risking corona.

This is a very valid criticism and I fully agree with her (I know this is a very difficult subject and people will have different opinions on it (i have two friends who are cleaners who are absolutely over the moon that they can get back to work) )

But I can't help but think of all the non-essential construction workers, "wardrobe organisers" (she had someone come in just after she moved in and just before lockdown), decorators, moving agents, garment workers, B_ND manufacturers, distributors, couriers etc. who have been forced to come into work and risk their health for the sake of Grace during this pandemic?

I know Grace isn't the only person doing this (and I'll admit that I have had a fair few packages delivered which definitely weren't essential!), but it just seems a bit in-genuine and hypocritical to be criticising people for having their cleaners come out to their homes when Grace has done all of the above?

To be honest, I just feel like a lot of Grace's twitter posts just seem very calculated and in-genuine, almost as if she's only posting these things to make herself look better and to portray herself as a very particular type of person?

A lot of the things she says and does (ie. tweeting in support of the working class culture whilst being completely appropriative, preaching about sustainability and inclusivity when in reality TALA is unsustainable and not designed to flatter all body types) completely contradict what she puts on Twitter and it just bugs me.

I feel like she literally sees certain tweets that fit her narrative and then retweets them without actually reading them (Once she liked and retweeted this fat criticism of Tala obviously thinking it was a compliment because she hadn't actually read the tweet)

Last edited:
  • Heart

righthererightnow

VIP Member
Classic rich girl using the "markers" of the working class to show she is just like them and understands the struggle despite her not having a clue what working class struggle is like. So sick of something being looked down upon when "poor" people do it only for it to be so cool which rich people do it.

(obviously not all working class people dress like chavs but)
Ugh spot on. Ever noticed that Grace always has blaring grime music playing in her insta stories? Such a try hard. Reminds me of when brands do 'edgy' photo shoots on council estates 🤔 oh wait....

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha

Branched

How nice, Gleam finally gets a mention for making things happen!
View attachment 124813
I watched these stories too and between the massive role that Gleam play and the input from Genflow, Grace can barely have done anything herself! I think at one point Verity said they have 5 people working on the yearly strategy for Grace’s personal brand and her businesses. Of course Grace never mentions any of this as it doesn’t fit the #girlboss story :rolleyes:

I’d have so much more respect for her if she just spoke openly about the help she had. I don’t think it’s anything to be ashamed of. I actually think it’s getting dangerous now if people look at her and criticise themselves for not being able to do everything she’s done when in reality she’s had all this help. Super worrying if any of her followers get ‘inspired’ to set up their own companies too.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

ninnnnjjaaaa

Chatty Member
100% this 🙌
If that’s her version of a ‘balls to the wall’ type day then she’s a fool. I would love for her to see what hard graft really is eg. a nurse/ doctor in A&E, a carer working 12+ hour shifts, or even a real CEO who can’t just prance around pretending to be a ‘boss’ and actually has to lead and direct a company. Ffs.
my mother's a CEO and aside from not shoving down the label down everyone's throats, she also does not shove down her psycho work schedule down everyone's throats because she doesn't even have time to think about what anyone thinks about her load of work. And she juggles multiple actual projects from construction to airlines so idk what grace thinks 'projects' are but choosing the tone of colors on activewear and bands is cute i guess. my mother also doesn't need whole minions and bimbos validating her business, work ethic, and position but women empowerment i guess.
she also has time to eat and juggle a whole family so yeah.

Last edited:
Don't let it make you envious. The rich have traditionally got rich off the back of slave labour, malpractice, and taking advantage of the working classes.
love this. Important to remember when reading the below!!

I think what I find frustrating is people like Grace, Steph, Zanna etc is that there’s no transparency when it’s comes to that wealth? We would all love to be able to get the financial support from our families to start up a dream business and buy a million pound house at 21 but we just can’t.

If they just explained they were fortunate enough to get the financial backing rather than have their impressionable followers believe its through hard work and dedication.

These young followers pay for the guides with good intentions but it just lines their pockets? I do actually think shes don’t very well to create the businesses that she has... maybe I’m just salty I don’t have the financial backing but I find it shady these people are happy to take the money off of people who probably save up and work minimum wage jobs to buy it
This is probably what bothers me the most. It’s the “wow I built this myself!” and “work as hard as me if you want this!” talk that is soul crushing. It reminds me of what the far right in America thinks. The whole idea that if you work hard enough you can get whatever you want. In reality, that is not true AT ALL. Privilege plays a huge role in where you get in life, but the rich/well off seem to ignore this and attribute their successes to “hard work”

• Heart

ls211

I just think it’s so blatantly obvious that Tala IS fast fashion, they have new releases so often, the quality is awful and they don’t bother improving their original core range

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
The more I read here the more disappointed I get.
As a freelancer wanting to build my own business, I really looked up to Grace and took inspiration from how hard she worked to "be self made". Honestly I feel completely cheated. I wouldn't care one bit if she was transparent about Genflow, because actually that's working smart and could help other influencers etc. But I used to feel so confused as to why my business is so small and still in the works and I'm still learning stuff and fixing things after 2 years, and she's earned 6 million from one of hers (I work in consultancy rather than clothing so it's a bit different, but you get my drift). She was so successful so quickly and I was like "God if I just worked harder, slept less, wrote more To Do lists, I'd be that successful." but the cracks have started to show and I feel so cheated. I don't have anyone in my family who owns a business or is high up in a company and I've started working for myself out of a passion but had very little knowledge or pointers to work from from anyone else, and I really thought Grace was the same from the way she talked about her businesses but no, she's had a privileged education (again, would be fine if she referenced it) all the connections she could ever want, an agency to help her and a band of minions to shield her from constructive criticism.
I always want to support female led companies, especially younger women, but God we need some transparency about how they got there because I wanted to be like Grace for so long but all it did was make me miserable and feel like a failure.
And this is exactly why Tattle exists - to call out these fakes and frauds. Girl Boss my arse, more like spoilt little madam with Mummy and Daddy pulling all the strings to make it happen.

Comparison is the thief of joy. Everything you've done you've done yourself. She's literally done nothing herself. Pays or bribes her way through life. Not too much to be proud of.

• Heart
Has anyone else seen the video she did for Hello magazine? She comes across so badly. Plus that Tala outfit is :sick:
Wow I can understand why she's abandoned YouTube if that's the type of content she creates now. She comes across as having terrible time management skills and playing 'business woman' as appose to actually being one. Her day consisted of -

8am - Coffee & Working out in her home gym.
8.50am - Work Prep/Working, consisted of writing in her notebook that she needs to buy coffee table books and plants, having a zoom call and moaning half way through "I'm feeling exhausted already". Having another zoom call and replying to one email before lunch.
12.30pm - Taking her dog for a walk.
2pm - Taking the recycling out.
3.30pm - Stock check for B_ND and 'getting on with some work', saying her lunch often gets pushed back indefinitely.
4pm - Late Lunch and Harvard work.
7pm - Watching Friends and making herself a bowl of pix 'n' mix. Final words of motivation are "it's not that deep, stop overthinking and start a journal if you need to"

Oh and the "Grace Beverley Founder of B_ND & TALA" gold desk plaque in her own home was a nice touch to show how much self importance she has.

• Haha
  • Wow

glitterglide

This is so upsetting and disgusting! A food company chooses to send bunch of free meals to someone that without a doubt has no problem paying for their own food, rather than donating it to families in need. I really hope the companies will eventually wake up and realize sending freebies to influencers is really not doing them any justice. Shame on you Bol!
0AAF4F9F-A930-4A55-B78E-94952735F819.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

righthererightnow

VIP Member
Absolutely disgusting to be bragging about her money when millions of people are out of work and suffering. Actually feel sick. Her management need to telk her it AINT cute.

DietGossip

VIP Member
This is interesting. I have in the past seen some nasty comments about her but for the most it’s constructive criticism
I know she used to go on GG a couple years back because she's the reason I found that site (I've said it before and I'll say it again, INFLUENCERS POSTING ABOUT TATTLE AND GURUGOSSIP ONLY DRIVE MORE PEOPLE TO THEM). But Grace's threads (here and on GG) are always just full of constructive criticism (obviously I can't speak for that Imogen girl cause I have no idea who she is) and ex fans. Yes, there are some threads that descend into nasty comments, but no one from here (to my knowledge, I'll be disappointed if some of you guys do) EVER goes onto Grace's posts and gives her abuse. We stay here, knowing that if we voiced any concerns elsewhere we'd be piled on ourselves by their fanbase- and she can't even deny this because I've seen it happen multiple times!

I'm not sure when "slight criticism" turned into "trolling" and "abuse" in influencer's eyes, but I will say this: if you cannot deal with the fact that not everyone who sees your content does not like what you post or has issues with what you're doing (a recent one that springs to mind for me for Grace is that Tala has products that are made in China) then you need to block these websites and carry on living in your positive feedback bubble.