Grace Beverley #7 Grace Bentley; committed to misunderstanding covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not white knighting her but you are allowed if it’s for work.
Up to 30 people can meet indoors for work purposes if the place they’re meeting is following covid guidelines
The Tier 2 rules are also "work from home if you can" - this doesn't mean "bring the photoshoot to your home". I also think you've interpreted the law wrong - where does it say it's fine to invite up to 30 people into your private home if they're work colleagues?

As others have pointed out, conducting a photoshoot in your private home, where other housemates live, is very different to conducting a photoshoot in a large, airy studio where you can guarantee social distancing. Considering Grace has posted videos of photoshoots in her home before and crews weren't wearing masks or social distancing I don't see why she should be given the benefit of the doubt here.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m pretty sure you don’t have to wear masks if you’re meeting for a work reason, though I assume it’s encouraged to wear masks.

I’m just pointing out that what she’s doing in this particular situation is perfectly legal. Plenty of people who wfh still need to meet with people indoors, and I don’t think it’s fair to just say ‘meet outdoors!’ when it’s raining and windy, especially if you’re meeting to do photography.
Okay I accept this is technically legal... but just because it is, doesn;t mean you should do it. I have said this on (many) other influencers threads, there is no reason to do the bare minimum. Why not wear a mask at a work meeting when you have to on the train? for me it makes no sense. The government are, of course, at fault here for their lack of clarity but people could take more initiative

No, I don’t bring my work friends around my house to work together, even though it’s ‘work purposes’, when you have an office available to you why not use it? Especially where you can comply by Covid regulations easier. I see what she’s doing as the same difference between me going into the office which is a controlled space, and going around my bosses house with my team to work.
and it isn;t even just work friends, she has numerous friends over, has been in bars/restaurants with god knows how mnay people. People like her are why the spike in cases are the 18- 29 group

Reactions: 15
She looks more than 2 metres away from the model, so yes.

There’s plenty to snark on when it comes to Grace, this isn’t one of these instances IMO.
Tbh this is just one moment out of hours. We don't know if she's actually following guidelines throughout and from how she's acted before it's safe to say she isn't. But in terms of this specific story evidence of her breaking social distancing, yeah it isn't which is probs why she posted it along with posting how she's received masks (even tho we all know she's never going to wear them).

God I’m tired of people bleating on like ‘bUt wHaT sHe’S dOiNg iS lEGaL’ yeah...okay. I’m a lawyer, and the law is bullshit.
COVID also literally doesn't give a tit about what's legal and what isn't (and it's hilarious that people keep forgetting that time and time again), especially when a psycho Tory government is deciding what's legal or not and has clearly failed in handling a pandemic. Even if it's "legal" to "not wear a mask indoors during work" but you would have to if it's for non-work reasons (???), COVID does not give a tit what you're doing inside whether you're having a birthday or a business meeting or whatever, if that model has COVID or anyone else Grace has brought in for this photoshoot does, then that whole house has been put at risk.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Most people are doing the bare minimum as mandated by law, and if you want to do extra, that’s on you. But please get off your high horse, and perhaps find a new career if you think the law is bullshit.
If laws were made to not be changed, we would all be absolutely fucked right now and be still stuck in the 1200s or even the BC era but go off. If lawyers (and policy practitioners!! hello that's me) weren't trained to see through unlawful legislation and fight for change, we'd all be second class citizens, some of us worse off.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Tier 2 rules are also "work from home if you can" - this doesn't mean "bring the photoshoot to your home". I also think you've interpreted the law wrong - where does it say it's fine to invite up to 30 people into your private home if they're work colleagues?
Exactly, by this logic I can invite my whole team round because we can all work at home. The whole point of working at home if you can is to stop workplace COVID spreads. It's not about going back 'to the office' the point is preventing people gathering in big groups unless you really have to. And it's also been balanced against the necessity for tradespeople to enter other people's homes and not lose their livelihoods which is why it says about being able to enter other people's houses for work. It clearly doesn't mean 'have 30 people to your house because you can work there' when that work can be done outside. Every commercial building I've been into recently has hand sanitiser at every door, we wear masks between rooms and to the toilets, social distance etc and still every day we are getting emails saying court centres are closed because someone has tested positive. The idea that somehow COVID won't spread at Grace's house because they're working is batty. And she definitely won't have all these extra precautions at home because ultimately that is her house, not a commercial property, so it's even more risky.

Reactions: 29
Lol why are her stories so dull these days, ‘moved the furniture round a bit in the living room what do you think of the new set up’ 🥴 ok boomer, thats the sort of thing my mum would send to her friend group on watsapp.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Lol why are her stories so dull these days, ‘moved the furniture round a bit in the living room what do you think of the new set up’ 🥴 ok boomer, thats the sort of thing my mum would send to her friend group on watsapp.
I thought Mondays and Tuesdays were spent on working on her book. She has a lot of time over to redecorate on a Tuesday morning :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2020-10-27 at 11.06.54.png

"When we're allowed friends around again" she says as if she ever stopped lol

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Honestly showing off the house after the recent payment scandals with shreddy and the chinese tala factory revelations is a brave move imo. Its as if shes actively trying to come across as a witch at this point, like haha look at this nice gaff I’ve got, all paid for by money I ripped off you and people whos labour I exploited 🥰

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Honestly showing off the house after the recent payment scandals with shreddy and the chinese tala factory revelations is a brave move imo. Its as if shes actively trying to come across as a witch at this point, like haha look at this nice gaff I’ve got, all paid for by money I ripped off you and people whos labour I exploited 🥰
I don't know who she thinks she's trying to appeal to anymore like does she know her audience at all? We're in a pandemic no one cares about your expensive house and interior design

Reactions: 9
Looking at socialblade, it seems that someone forgot to buy her more followers yesterday...

Reactions: 5
Which actually doesn't make sense given that she wanted to cancel her house video because she thought it was "showing off" so inappropriate during a pandemic when people are losing jobs. But she's showing off a hell lot regardless.

Which actually doesn't make sense given that she wanted to cancel her house video because she thought it was "showing off" so inappropriate during a pandemic when people are losing jobs. But she's showing off a hell lot regardless.
I never really bought that that was the reason why she didn't want to do a house tour, I think it's because she realised that it's not sensible to show off your entire house layout online especially when she owns some very expensive items of furniture etc. but obviously she wanted to make it looked like she's so humble

Reactions: 15
I never really bought that that was the reason why she didn't want to do a house tour, I think it's because she realised that it's not sensible to show off your entire house layout online especially when she owns some very expensive items of furniture etc. but obviously she wanted to make it looked like she's so humble
Yeah specially when the entire wall leading out into the back garden is made from glass lmfao 💀💀

Reactions: 6
Yeah specially when the entire wall leading out into the back garden is made from glass lmfao 💀💀
I'll never relate because I don't think I'll ever own a house in London but I'd be so anxious living in a big house like that and tbh im not surprised she has housemates because I wouldn't want to live there on my own, especially now she's done all those renovations and you can clearly see into her kitchen and how nice it is her house is definitely a target for burglaries and break-ins but it's funny this only clicked for her AFTER already showing off the majority of her house and the renovation process on youtube/instagram

Reactions: 6
I'll never relate because I don't think I'll ever own a house in London but I'd be so anxious living in a big house like that and tbh im not surprised she has housemates because I wouldn't want to live there on my own, especially now she's done all those renovations and you can clearly see into her kitchen and how nice it is her house is definitely a target for burglaries and break-ins but it's funny this only clicked for her AFTER already showing off the majority of her house and the renovation process on youtube/instagram
Honestly the glass wall I’ve always thought was mad, I lived in a council flat in london when I was younger and it got broken into multiple times, to the point where an iron gate had to be installed lmfao and I just couldn’t imagine living somewhere that unsecure?? Like even though she does probably live in a nice road, I just couldn’t deal with the lack of security. Plus it looks like it’d be creepy af at night

Reactions: 4
Nah she didn't want to do it cause she got paid by a magazine for a feature

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.