Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AshMay

VIP Member
The way she's somehow both an absent CEO yet also a micro manager, must be like the worst of both worlds for the team 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 39

thisisntreal

Christ she is insufferable. fuckery
There was research out yesterday that 7m families (equivalent to all families in the N of England) have gone without at least one essential (food, heating, basic toiletries, washing themselves) since the beginning of 2022 due to the rising cost of living, and 1 in 5 low income households can’t afford heating or food, but I’m glad you can humblebrag about your questionable “ethics” Grezos.

• Sad

elliex0x0x

Yes Tala will have paid for the ads on Google. Ads are positioned at the top. It's a cheat way of ranking higher/quickly getting on the first page.
Yeah, I work in search engine marketing and it's even worse than just placing an ad - it means they would've been bidding and paying money to specifically come up when you search for aym. To be honest it's a common technique but it shows that the Tala team is definitely aware of what they're doing.

• Wow

iz157

Grace is chatting :poop: when she says you have to chose between basics that are £25 and sag within months OR good quality ones that are £80. Most people are not spending £80 on a basic top or skirt. You can get good quality basics for under £25 - brands like asos, weekday, Zara etc etc do good basics for less that will last you forever? I get my basic tops from h&m and they last years and years and cost less than £10. They’re only going to be bad quality if you buy from the cheapest of online stores like shein, plt and boohoo (which it sounds like grace is!)

So funny how tala will release a plain brown T-shirt for £30 and grace will say ‘we are disrupting the industry, no one is doing it like we are, this is absolutely unbelievable guys!!!’ - yet tala products are known to not last the year (as people in the comments point out and are swiftly deleted)

peach1234

I wish she would have a bit more tact. We’re in a major living cost crisis, her whole brand and company are built on the idea of sustainability, yet she flaunts her designer outfits and extravagant holidays 24/7. Instead of getting worked up and overly defensive/annoyed towards feedback regarding her hypocrisy/out of touch behaviour, why can’t she (at the very least) demonstrate some compassion and rein it in a tad. Her “girlboss” attitude just comes off as really off-putting, especially when she does things like ask for dinner/hotel recommendations (when really, she’s looking for gifted meals or rooms). like just pay for your own damn meal, you’re a literal millionaire. where is her self-awareness??

• Heart

thisisntreal

Why does it annoy me so much that she always has to include her fingers in any photo she takes
At nearly a quid a serving for what is basically a bunch of caffeine with a multivitamin squished in it… I’d rather just have an extra shot of coffee and a berocca.

I’m also really enjoying this review on the website
E8AA5A00-637B-45D5-8E73-67DD6C1D9BFF.jpeg

Shreddy: such a charming clientele…

• Haha
  • Sick

annasophia452

re the vegan thing, one of my friends works in a restaurant Grace went to a couple of weeks ago and served her and Grace ordered fish and ate it, so she’s definitely not vegan and not even vegetarian

• Haha
  • Sad
grace opening her Super Sustainable Industry Disrupting products made and shipped all the way from China wrapped in plastic :oops:
then those plastic wrappings end up in the ocean so they can collect them to create new sustainable clothes, she'd call it circular economy

• Haha

klarigold

She's so fucking condescending. Just imagine 'table 3 wants a double espresso, a glass of oat milk and a glass of ice so they can make a ~deconstructed ice latte~ that they don't trust us to make' 🙄🙄

Met so many of these ppl working in a cafe. 'umm I asked for this cappuccino double shot which I don't think this is?' lady this is a greasy spoon, your cappuccino was 95p and you can see I'm the only waitress serving 40 people, do you really be complaining?

She is literally the customer the staff bitch about in the kitchen for being so stuck up and she doesn't even realise it.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

littlewonder

Chatty Member
I feel like the majority of people that defend rich people monopolising property in order to maximise their income by renting, especially at the moment, are people that a) love capitalism for some godforsaken reason and/or b) have never been forced to rent as a long term option with a strict budget. A lot of my friends bought before the pandemic and have no idea just how bad renting has gotten since 2020 alone.
The more I see houses being converted into single floor flats and 7 bed house shares, the more hopeless and trapped I feel. It’s impossible to rent an actual house atm - they’ve all been turned into unfurnished converted flats. it’s absolute scumbag behaviour.

Grez had her ‘good billionaire’ phase so let’s get ready for ‘good landlord’ summer 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad

littlewonder

Chatty Member
‘I’m never going on holiday again, #girlbosstoxicproductivityqueen’

can she please shut the fuck up, she is actually insufferable!!! fuck offffffff

• Heart

Nelliephant

“And let me tell you, these leggings will change your life”

She says this literally every single product launch. How many times can a person’s life be changed by a fucking legging?
Well, I was wearing tala leggings one day walking down the street, little did I know that due to the poor quality they had split. Some lovely girl came up to me, let me know, and lent me her coat to tie round my waist and preserve my modesty. Well that was the start of a great friendship and now I'm going to be a bridesmaid at her wedding #talachangedmylife

(Story obviously made up for dramatic effect!)

• Haha
  • Wow

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I was thinking this yesterday, like it’s got to the point where womens clothes for doing exercise like swimwear and activewear have to be ‘flattering, snatched, synched, sculpting, like shape wear, like a bbl’ etc, rather than being practical and comfortable. Are we teaching women that we have to be synched and have our ass and boobs out all the time to look and feel good? (I know it’s not that deep but it’s definitely an interesting topic especially when you consider the impact on young girls:unsure:)
I actually do think it's a big deal! If the only way to be well-dressed in fitness gear is to wear tight stuff that gives the appearance of big boobs, a big bum and a tiny waist, I think it makes fitness more inaccessible because it increases pressure that you should look a certain way when you exercise.

It suggests that plus size women, women with wide waists or small boobs or flat bums that their natural bodies must be re-shaped to look stylish in activewear. Meanwhile, the lady from that TikTok genuinely looks really nice without the need to 'cinch' anything in or lift her boobs etc etc

• Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
If my boss knew I was working the day after being in the HOSPITAL she'd rightly order me to log off and not come back to work til I'm better. Doesn't matter if I told her I'm 'passionate' and 'love the company', she'd be like that's great but your health is the priority.

Not all bosses are like that, but if Grace wants to pretend that she’s a cool compassionate boss, that’s what what good bosses do. Good bosses don't proudly shout about their employees working while sick - it's shameful. Employees will often overwork themselves, so it's your responsibility to order them not to work if you're concerned for their welfare, even if they say they want to work.

I'm really not surprised though. It's classic startup culture - here's your two "duvet days" a year, but god forbid you take actual sick leave after being in the hospital.

• Heart

iz157

Guys she’s in Dublin speaking at the Dublin Tech Summit in the sustainability fashion talk. People are blinded oh my gosh.
flying from Morocco to Dublin to speak about sustainability!! Wow she’s so thoughtful and knowledgable about the environment, the carbon emissions must be worth it!!!!:rolleyes:

• Haha

LucilleSi

I actually cannot read a single word of her stories, the font is just getting smaller and smaller. I have an older phone (so smaller screen) but she is an accessibility nightmare!!¡!
If you can't get a new phone with a larger screen, just 🌌DELEGATE🌌 and have someone read them for you.
I mean, have you not learned anything from Grace's top selling business bible?

Sorry, I had to 😇

• Haha