Grace Beverley #2 How to be a successful entrepreneur; sponsored by GenFlow & rich parents

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right I just watched that shreddy Q&A
1) so shreddy challenge is just using the app for 4 weeks? There is no difference in workouts you are literally just using the apps for 4 weeks like you should be anyway??

2) have we noticed grace “is the fittest etc she’s ever been”, but didnt join in on transformation photos With the last shreddy challenge she was so in the community with

3) also she says shes the fittest from these new guides and a few slides later says she’s got corona curves

4) I can’t believe anyone would fall for these ten minute workouts doing anything. Especially for people like grace who usually weight train for longer periods.

5) she has already put responsibility on the consumer when it doesn’t work- someone asked if it would be too difficult and she said it never be too easy or difficult. You push yourself to your own limit. E.g if you’re fitter you should be getting more done in the time, if it’s easy you’re not pushing yourself hard enough 🙄🙄🙄

6) Promoting ten minutes of exercises is fine to start improving fitness levels for absolute beginners. But her implying people will see results is an absolute marketing ploy. There’s gonna be her, Montana, that Kaz who are obvs all genetically blessed promoting these guides as if they got them their petition frames

7) lol let’s see how much of graces ten minute exercises guides are just the nhs ten minute guides 😂https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/10-minute-workouts/ which are online and free x

• Haha
Reactions: 11
1) so shreddy challenge is just using the app for 4 weeks? There is no difference in workouts you are literally just using the apps for 4 weeks like you should be anyway??

2) have we noticed grace “is the fittest etc she’s ever been”, but didnt join in on transformation photos With the last shreddy challenge she was so in the community with

3) also she says shes the fittest from these new guides and a few slides later says she’s got corona curves

4) I can’t believe anyone would fall for these ten minute workouts doing anything. Especially for people like grace who usually weight train for longer periods.

5) she has already put responsibility on the consumer when it doesn’t work- someone asked if it would be too difficult and she said it never be too easy or difficult. You push yourself to your own limit. E.g if you’re fitter you should be getting more done in the time, if it’s easy you’re not pushing yourself hard enough 🙄🙄🙄

6) Promoting ten minutes of exercises is fine to start improving fitness levels for absolute beginners. But her implying people will see results is an absolute marketing ploy. There’s gonna be her, Montana, that Kaz who are obvs all genetically blessed promoting these guides as if they got them their petition frames

7) lol let’s see how much of graces ten minute exercises guides are just the nhs ten minute guides 😂https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/10-minute-workouts/ which are online and free x
When I watched Grace’s YouTube about 3 or so years ago when she wasn’t insufferable and actually had a sense of humour she used to talk about how she worked out for her body etc. Obviously with her bum it was a lot of weight training and heavy lifting etc which are not reflected in her guides, even the gym workout ones just don’t cut it to the amount of work she would have done years ago for her bum. She also used to say she was genetically predisposed to getting arm muscles and abs easily. For example she made a video on how to get abs in a week and said doing like 10 mins of ab workouts a day for a week before holiday would give her abs.

I feel like her guides aren’t actually aimed (despite what they claim) at helping people build this type of body as 1) she’s not actually using the level of work she did to build her bum in her guides but focusing more on upselling her bands to make you feel like if you have them you’ll build a bum ASAP rather than through heavy lifting and bulking and 2) her upper body workouts are useless because she doesn’t know how to build muscle there herself

her guides are a reflection of her lazy gym attitude now, but is marketing them as a way to get her body type using them. I personally have not seen much change in her body in the last couple years since shreddy came out apart from fluctuating weight in which weight loss will obviously reveal upper body muscle eg the abs she admitted years ago she can get in a week so not through dedication to shreddy

Reactions: 13

Yeh exactly, I am currently barely exercising with lockdown etc (not that I do much usually anyway 😂) but even for me 10 minutes would do nothing

When I watched Grace’s YouTube about 3 or so years ago when she wasn’t insufferable and actually had a sense of humour she used to talk about how she worked out for her body etc. Obviously with her bum it was a lot of weight training and heavy lifting etc which are not reflected in her guides, even the gym workout ones just don’t cut it to the amount of work she would have done years ago for her bum. She also used to say she was genetically predisposed to getting arm muscles and abs easily. For example she made a video on how to get abs in a week and said doing like 10 mins of ab workouts a day for a week before holiday would give her abs.

I feel like her guides aren’t actually aimed (despite what they claim) at helping people build this type of body as 1) she’s not actually using the level of work she did to build her bum in her guides but focusing more on upselling her bands to make you feel like if you have them you’ll build a bum ASAP rather than through heavy lifting and bulking and 2) her upper body workouts are useless because she doesn’t know how to build muscle there herself

her guides are a reflection of her lazy gym attitude now, but is marketing them as a way to get her body type using them. I personally have not seen much change in her body in the last couple years since shreddy came out apart from fluctuating weight in which weight loss will obviously reveal upper body muscle eg the abs she admitted years ago she can get in a week so not through dedication to shreddy
Yeh she used to be much more “real” I remember her Ona holiday in France with family and crying on camera as she was comparing her body to her sisters who are thinner. Now all she does is brag and do stupid poses

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
That's really the case for most influencers who come out with their guides. They build their physique through heavy lifting, with help from good genetics and decent bodies even before any training, then promote insta type workouts as they're easier to sell. If they came out with a guide that said "you need to go to the gym and do heavy squats" people wouldn't buy them cause many young girls are too scared to venture into the weight lifting section of the gym on their own and do better with getting a personal trainer who can help them out at first. I guess the reason why people would rather pay for shreddy or other guides rather than just find free workouts online is because it gives them a sense of community, exclusive groups, and a chance to be featured on an influencer's instagram. Also I guess if you pay for something you can be more motivated to work out as you've spend money on it so don't want to waste it. Still doesn't make it good quality or ethical really to be making money on naive people like that and then show off your wealth. Just the whole influencer thing is ridiculous, reminds me of MLM schemes where the person making money shows of how much they're making from their "business" with stupid people not realising they're making this because they get others to spend on unnecessary and not good quality stuff

Reactions: 10
My usual warm up takes longer than 10 minutes, idk how you could do a full workout in 10 minutes. I'm literally so tired of these workout programmes because they're a load of rubbish. Not only that, shreddy is so clearly for weight loss (how many transformations they share on their page are weight focused?)- and weight loss is always more to do with nutrition than 'just incorporating 10 minutes of exercise into your day!'. That might keep you moving, which yes, is good for your body- but 10 minutes of exercise is NOT going to 'get you the fittest you've ever been'.

Btw if anyone is looking for exercises to build your bum/legs- heavy deadlifts and squats and all of their variants (romanian deadlifts, pause squats, deficit deadlifts) with PERFECT FORM (do not rely on people like Grace for this!). I like the powerlifting range of reps (3-5), but a lot of people prefer 8-12 reps which is also fair cause I do my accessory work at 8-12 reps. Look into local strength gyms, because I found my coach through a strongman gym and she's lovely and focuses on women and weightlifting, and has taught me so much even through lockdown when we've been focusing on olympic lifting with perfect form.

I only use resistance bands to warm up with banded squats and crab walks, I never incorporate them into my actual workouts, and I found mine at TK Maxx for half the price of Grace's bands- and it's plain black with no branding which is exactly what I like.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My usual warm up takes longer than 10 minutes, idk how you could do a full workout in 10 minutes. I'm literally so tired of these workout programmes because they're a load of rubbish. Not only that, shreddy is so clearly for weight loss (how many transformations they share on their page are weight focused?)- and weight loss is always more to do with nutrition than 'just incorporating 10 minutes of exercise into your day!'. That might keep you moving, which yes, is good for your body- but 10 minutes of exercise is NOT going to 'get you the fittest you've ever been'.

Btw if anyone is looking for exercises to build your bum/legs- heavy deadlifts and squats and all of their variants (romanian deadlifts, pause squats, deficit deadlifts) with PERFECT FORM (do not rely on people like Grace for this!). I like the powerlifting range of reps (3-5), but a lot of people prefer 8-12 reps which is also fair cause I do my accessory work at 8-12 reps. Look into local strength gyms, because I found my coach through a strongman gym and she's lovely and focuses on women and weightlifting, and has taught me so much even through lockdown when we've been focusing on olympic lifting with perfect form.
Don't wanna go so off topic but all of this sounds so great!! I wish I had access to a strongman gym (we don't have those commonly in Asia I think i've never heard of that before) but I am practicing olympic lifts now too and I love them so much especially the clean + jerk. I really want to try snatches but I'm struggling trying to get the technique rn. Olympic lifting is like a kind of new saviour for me bc it has inspired me to train like an athlete and now i've also become very tired of these exploitative "fitspo 12 week transformations".

Also yeah my stretching is like 15 mins.

That's really the case for most influencers who come out with their guides. They build their physique through heavy lifting, with help from good genetics and decent bodies even before any training, then promote insta type workouts as they're easier to sell. If they came out with a guide that said "you need to go to the gym and do heavy squats" people wouldn't buy them cause many young girls are too scared to venture into the weight lifting section of the gym on their own and do better with getting a personal trainer who can help them out at first. I guess the reason why people would rather pay for shreddy or other guides rather than just find free workouts online is because it gives them a sense of community, exclusive groups, and a chance to be featured on an influencer's instagram. Also I guess if you pay for something you can be more motivated to work out as you've spend money on it so don't want to waste it. Still doesn't make it good quality or ethical really to be making money on naive people like that and then show off your wealth. Just the whole influencer thing is ridiculous, reminds me of MLM schemes where the person making money shows of how much they're making from their "business" with stupid people not realising they're making this because they get others to spend on unnecessary and not good quality stuff
I'm convinced the day that women are no longer scared to weight lift and their truest confidence finally manifests will be the day that all these influencers are finished. And I'm so excited for every woman who wants to do this to get there.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This post is more about Shreddy but I wanted to put input in for someone who actually did it and took part in it all. I joined Shreddy because i wanted to feel part of something and now I feel like if I'm not losing fat or posting transformations they don't care. I have been on their page a few times and they posted me on their story and I felt like I was doing something good. I wasn't thinking I wasn't a fitness influencer or anything, I wanted to show people you can feel part of something just by putting movement for 10-30 mins a day (I did lose a lot of fat but that was deffo just the initial burn that a lot of people experience after being in a calorie deficit). Never thought it was a proper fitness guide, great for beginners or people that can only fit in a 10 min quick session into their day and want to feel a quick burst of energy. The competitions made me feel crappy, I won nothing on the first one even after being on their page loads and interacting loads. I ended up pushing myself to do workouts and I didn't want to. I never won a single thing and it made me feel like a failure because I knew they saw how hard I was working but didn't think anything of it, and because I didn't see any change during the last challenge. I don't follow it anymore, having competitions with real money prizes can really harm people and make them become ill. If all it takes is a great before and after then why not starve myself and pretend I did the workouts??

I know so many people that got upset because they felt like all they did was try their best during the first challenge and they got nothing in return. All Shreddy made me feel is lazy and that if a workout is longer than 20-30 mins I don't want to do it. It's gave me a false perception on fitness and its harmed me. It's a great idea overall but it's not been handled very well in my opinion. Especially when everyone just wants to be like grace and have her body.

Sorry for the long post, a long time lurker and a sad individual.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This post is more about Shreddy but I wanted to put input in for someone who actually did it and took part in it all. I joined Shreddy because i wanted to feel part of something and now I feel like if I'm not losing fat or posting transformations they don't care. I have been on their page a few times and they posted me on their story and I felt like I was doing something good. I wasn't thinking I wasn't a fitness influencer or anything, I wanted to show people you can feel part of something just by putting movement for 10-30 mins a day (I did lose a lot of fat but that was deffo just the initial burn that a lot of people experience after being in a calorie deficit). Never thought it was a proper fitness guide, great for beginners or people that can only fit in a 10 min quick session into their day and want to feel a quick burst of energy. The competitions made me feel crappy, I won nothing on the first one even after being on their page loads and interacting loads. I ended up pushing myself to do workouts and I didn't want to. I never won a single thing and it made me feel like a failure because I knew they saw how hard I was working but didn't think anything of it, and because I didn't see any change during the last challenge. I don't follow it anymore, having competitions with real money prizes can really harm people and make them become ill. If all it takes is a great before and after then why not starve myself and pretend I did the workouts??

I know so many people that got upset because they felt like all they did was try their best during the first challenge and they got nothing in return. All Shreddy made me feel is lazy and that if a workout is longer than 20-30 mins I don't want to do it. It's gave me a false perception on fitness and its harmed me. It's a great idea overall but it's not been handled very well in my opinion. Especially when everyone just wants to be like grace and have her body.

I'm sorry that your experience made you feel that way. That's not right, and it's not how things should be. I hope you're feeling better within yourself now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

You should be so proud of your achievement because you actually put in work for it! Well done for starting your fitness journey, I hope you can find an app/workouts that truly make you feel amazing and not bad about yourself for having different levels of progress!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had to genuinely try the Insta filter after watching her new shreddy stories, I couldn’t believe it would make anyone look THAT orange. And what would you know? I looked the same, if a bit more tanned. I don’t know what she’s doing to her face but my god, she needs to reign it in a bit... like an old leather handbag. Also to say she’s using those special shampoo/conditioners she’s been advertising suddenly, her hair looks awful.
She was also doing hair masks most days at the start of lockdown because she said her hair is damaged and not in great condition

Reactions: 2
I'm sorry that your experience made you feel that way. That's not right, and it's not how things should be. I hope you're feeling better within yourself now.
You should be so proud of your achievement because you actually put in work for it! Well done for starting your fitness journey, I hope you can find an app/workouts that truly make you feel amazing and not bad about yourself for having different levels of progress!!
Thank you so much guys, i was so worried to post that! I am slowly gonna get out of this rut

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Getting up is half the battle and completing is the other half. You're already doing great. I'm sure you are going to find what you love soon and get to the goals you want because now you have recognised what keeps you down. I hate that their challenges make you and other women out there feel that. That's not on any of you. At the end of the day your best reward is your health that you maintain and improve by keeping your body moving and that is far greater than any instagram challenge out there.

Reactions: 2
And YouTube actually explains the exercises rather than leaving you to guess what's going on & what you have to do!

I was very sucked in a year or two ago and I'm disappointed in myself for it😂
Don't worry about it, I think a majority of people here on this thread were sucked in and then saw the light of day and come to their senses. I know I was the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
She was also doing hair masks most days at the start of lockdown because she said her hair is damaged and not in great condition
aaaand now she’s planning on going back to the platinum blond “bob” (although it’s really more of a lob). Sure, that won’t kill your hair grez

hands up if you were a naive idiot, who believed Grace’s lies about how good Shreddy would be (and the forced community who clearly only bang on about how great it is for the free cash prize), signed up and paid for a yearly subscription only to find it’s absolutely rubbish and isn’t teaching/showing me anything new, and is now having to raise a ticket with their Customer Service to stop my subscription renewing in Jan, as their website is so poor functioning... 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
hands up if you were a naive idiot, who believed Grace’s lies about how good Shreddy would be (and the forced community who clearly only bang on about how great it is for the free cash prize), signed up and paid for a yearly subscription only to find it’s absolutely rubbish and isn’t teaching/showing me anything new, and is now having to raise a ticket with their Customer Service to stop my subscription renewing in Jan, as their website is so poor functioning... 🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️🙋🏻‍♀️
I bought her guide when it was available on Aflete and I still regret it go this day. Lol yikes!

• Sad
I bought her guide when it was available on Aflete and I still regret it go this day. Lol yikes!
Its just so irritating!! I feel cheated. Looking into Courtney Blacks app, its a loooot more expensive but from what I’ve heard is 10x the app that Grace’s is and she looks like she uses it too!

Its just so irritating!! I feel cheated. Looking into Courtney Blacks app, its a loooot more expensive but from what I’ve heard is 10x the app that Grace’s is and she looks like she uses it too!
I really recommend this. She 100% uses it. She does live 45-60 mins workouts most morning on ig live and then they are all uploaded to the app. There are also much more other workout options and the meals are much better. You can also add your own food and ingredients to the meal planner too and it tracks your macros. Although the food planner isn’t as in depth as my fitness pal it’s still decent.

she seems a lot more down to earth and humble than grace. The type of girl you’d wanna be friends with

• Heart
I really recommend this. She 100% uses it. She does live 45-60 mins workouts most morning on ig live and then they are all uploaded to the app. There are also much more other workout options and the meals are much better. You can also add your own food and ingredients to the meal planner too and it tracks your macros. Although the food planner isn’t as in depth as my fitness pal it’s still decent.

she seems a lot more down to earth and humble than grace. The type of girl you’d wanna be friends with
This is super helpful - thank you!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.