Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Came here to say the same, she seems to suggest she isn’t one of the influencers posting photos of themselves working from their laptop in Dubai! Lol?!

lol is she going to post extracts from her book every time someone disagrees with her as tho it proves her point when it really really doesn’t
Also, who needs to buy the book when she’s just going to share it all on her stories 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Same and I really hope the person who wrote that to her finds their way here!

View attachment 532209
Also this excerpt from the amazon page is super aggressive .. telling people to work not rest? What? Lol. To solve your productivity issues just work...
what on earth is the "gordon ramsey of productivity"?!. I skimmed that page and so it says you should finish work, effectivly do longer time, but then work smart...the whole thing is just an all over the place mess. Didn't she get someone to edit/proof though? I remember her positing about it

Reactions: 14
what does she mean by 'purpose' in this context? Doesn't it mean doing something meaningful, like being a doctor or lawmaker or humanitarian which gives your life a real purpose and isn't just about ambition... which completely contradicts her point about instagrammers having purpose because their main goal is money and fame? she doesn't mean purpose at all, she means 'success', or a new definition of it.

Also Grace it's no bleeping surprise people can't tell when you're presenting your own opinion and when you're putting forward a general theory, because you keep speaking in first person. How is it obvious at all that you think something is a problem when you say, IN FIRST PERSON, that you think instagramming is the most lucrative, fulfilling and purpose-driven profession?!?!? arrgghh how did she get a degree with this level of reading comprehension :mad:

Reactions: 38
what does she mean by 'purpose' in this context? Doesn't it mean doing something meaningful, like being a doctor or lawmaker or humanitarian which gives your life a real purpose and isn't just about ambition... which completely contradicts her point about instagrammers having purpose because their main goal is money and fame? she doesn't mean purpose at all, she means 'success', or a new definition of it.

Also Grace it's no bleeping surprise people can't tell when you're presenting your own opinion and when you're putting forward a general theory, because you keep speaking in first person. How is it obvious at all that you think something is a problem when you say, IN FIRST PERSON, that you think instagramming is the most lucrative, fulfilling and purpose-driven profession?!?!? arrgghh how did she get a degree with this level of reading comprehension :mad:
I found it so passive aggressive as well when she said “reading comprehension is required”... I think it just says a lot about her that she thinks people that don’t understand her waffle lack reading comprehension, when more than likely the issue is her writing.

I’ve attached the story for the blocked among us.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I came here after seeing this on her stories as well. Besides what has already been mentioned here already, she was quoted in The Times! Someone shouldn't have to read her entire book to understand the specific ~nuances~ (she's totally ruined that word for me, haha) behind a quote in a puff piece article for The Times. I don't know whether she went on to say something else after that, but I assume the article itself didn't make it clear, as surely she would have used that as her 'aha' comeback??

Reactions: 33
Surely making someone feel like an idiot is worse than calling them an idiot sandwich? 😭

I feel like her editor just edited it for grammar but not for content. It’s grammatically okay, so it passes if you look at it for a split second and don’t think about what she’s saying. but the content/argument is all over the place!

She’s talking about so many different things at once, but it’s structured as if she’s just talking about one. She keeps moving onto the next ballpark before she arrives at a point at all.

Reading what she’s written gives me the same feeling as when you’re trying to recall a word or an anecdote but realise you’ve lost it completely - like, the moment you realise it’s gone. I used to give her the benefit of the doubt as I definitely have written grammatically correct bullshit before when I’ve not really been thinking about it, but if this is how her writing is in a published book, then...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
None of the excerpts she's sharing from her book make any sense???? Genuinely never seen such tit writing.......shame on Penguin 🙃

Reactions: 55
She’s such a dick. Telling people to use independent book shops but then spends all day linking and screenshotting Amazon 😴

Reactions: 37
"context is key" girl that was a DIRECT QUOTE from the Times, Ugh can't wait for her to grow up and stop thinking she knows everything!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The fact she goes on and on about babysitting is so indicative of just how out of touch she is. Honestly, I was babysitting at that age and it doesn't feature on my CV... I don't talk about it... because I've had actual jobs since the age of 20! She's so infuriating and embarrassing
Yeah seriously, I babysat at that age and pretty much completely forgot about it until now, like it NEVER comes up. I dont even really think of it as my first job tbh, since it basically consisted of loafing on the couch and preparing Kraft Dinner lol. Normally I'll say my first job was my fast food job at 15 which was actually real work. Really says something about her world if she thinks babysitting at a young age makes her special... It's so so clear that this girl has never had a *real* student job (customer service, waitressing etc). Definitely shows in her attitude too.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
548B8013-2220-4E92-8FF0-26522A7C0660.png
0288C155-2D1E-4942-A8EA-6C594EB0CC20.png
3276C252-B758-4940-A04A-FF62B71885DA.png
09D11BE5-6033-487F-9F8F-09310984A985.png
I’m surprised she’s already selling creased out tops for a 10% discount on her depop when she has no problem selling stained and ripped ones for full price. I’m sure there’s some other flaw with these tops that isn’t being shown, I can imagine her CEO mind spinning factory marked/ ripped clothes as limited edition rare items worth hiking up the rate. I imagine all those lost ones from the big factory duck up ending up on there at some point. Nothing a brilliant CEO boss babe can’t spin and sell.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Yeah seriously, I babysat at that age and pretty much completely forgot about it until now, like it NEVER comes up. I dont even really think of it as my first job tbh, since it basically consisted of loafing on the couch and preparing Kraft Dinner lol. Normally I'll say my first job was my fast food job at 15 which was actually real work. Really says something about her world if she thinks babysitting at a young age makes her special... It's so so clear that this girl has never had a *real* student job (customer service, waitressing etc). Definitely shows in her attitude too.
yeah exactly, babysitting is THE easiest job, young children go to bed early, you sit and watch TV while trying to eat as many of the snacks they have in the house without going overboard and making them realise :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 35
New thread title page (i think the biggest stuff is her invention of a thousand different cultures and deleting YouTube and editing her own wiki and overall trying to control her success narrative by her own terms)

twitter made her bitter, Youtube made her look like a boob, Instagram lets her scam so all hail the culture kween (secretly powered by the Gleam team)...

Idk trying to go for something rhymy😅

Or maybe
her wound has ruptured a 1000x and yet she’s discovered 10000 cultures that are tearing our society apart, do better you plebs

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
None of the excerpts she's sharing from her book make any sense???? Genuinely never seen such tit writing.......shame on Penguin 🙃
Hahaha, so jokes that she’s responded to someone making a judgment on what she thinks is an incomplete fragment of her argument by sharing a longer but still incomplete fragment of her argument. Like it substantiates her claim that influencing is more fulfilling humanitarian work any better

Reactions: 24
New thread suggestion - Grace Beverley #15 A real rags to riches story

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Im really, really struggling to articulate how i feel. Firstly, she mentions poo about fifteen times in the opening pages?! She speaks about "convincing middle class parents that paying someone to supervise their children" blah blah. Why mention the "middle class" bit? To make herself sound relatable?

And why is she so obsessed with her baby sitting "job"? And she moans that she got "only £6" but the parents didn't even go out and minimum wage for 16 year olds in 2015 was around £3.80 an hour so that's probably fine?! Ughhhhhh so whole thing is so werid
Right?! My first job was £3.25/hr and it was a *horrible* job. However, I was so grateful to have it because I'm from a low income family where I never received an allowance or anything like that.

I'm intrigued to know how Grace started her "babysitting business". Does it say in the book at all? Like, was it because she was a hustler hustling in her best hustling clothes, or was it through family connections? Most people I know who babysat when they were teenagers knew the parents.

Reactions: 20
Right?! My first job was £3.25/hr and it was a *horrible* job. However, I was so grateful to have it because I'm from a low income family where I never received an allowance or anything like that.

I'm intrigued to know how Grace started her "babysitting business". Does it say in the book at all? Like, was it because she was a hustler hustling in her best hustling clothes, or was it through family connections? Most people I know who babysat when they were teenagers knew the parents.
LOL "Grace Beverley: hustler hustling in her best hustling clothes against hustle culture "

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.