Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just think it is so cringe to brand yourself as a lululemon knock off šŸ¤£ have some originality

Reactions: 40
0195F97B-2C3C-4639-A172-EC6BAEEBB325.jpeg
Did you guys know she went to Oxford ???? šŸ˜‚ itā€™s so cringe that she brings up Oxford every time she talks about anything uni related !!! I just say ā€˜uniā€™ and I went to a ā€˜prestigiousā€™ uni lol.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
View attachment 527102 Did you guys know she went to Oxford ???? šŸ˜‚ itā€™s so cringe that she brings up Oxford every time she talks about anything uni related !!! I just say ā€˜uniā€™ and I went to a ā€˜prestigiousā€™ uni lol.
Remind me what she was saying about so-called ā€œannouncement cultureā€ again? Smh sheā€™s so cringe. And that tutor is also cringe for crawling up her arse because of that sycophantic and contradictory puff piece. I canā€™t imagine any of my professors saying something so vom-inducing if Iā€™d been featured in a newspaper talking about how being an influenza is a better job than being a doctor.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
In the car(/taxi?) at 6.50am - why do influencers insist on adding time stamps to stories so we can see how early they got up in the morning!! šŸ™„ surely this is adding to hustle culture?

Reactions: 46
Those stories about Shreddy from Grace are so contradictory.
"I don't concentrate on weight but I weighed myself and I've lost 7lbs doing Shreddy workouts which is great because I wanted to trim down" ??
Girl just admit that you've gone from saying putting weight on is cool and building muscle and eating lots is great, to thinking you must be skinny everywhere and have a big bum. We all saw your gym whiteboard that had literally 7 days that said legs or cardio.

Reactions: 35
In the car(/taxi?) at 6.50am - why do influencers insist on adding time stamps to stories so we can see how early they got up in the morning!! šŸ™„ surely this is adding to hustle culture?
It sure is adding to the ā€œhustle cultureā€ ā€“ I say this with quotation marks because I have such an issue with this term. This term only exists because of social media and influencers. Yes, over-working, feeling burnt-out, comparing yourself to peers have always been embedded in our society, however, the idea of sharing it for others to see solely for some sort of self-fulfilment is definitely a result of influencer culture. Grace has been openly contributing to this culture for a while now and continuously choses to do so (e.g., non-stop announcements about new drops/launches/products; timestamps on stories to show early starts and long days; and, most annoyingly, seeking validation for rest days such as her ā€˜should I post on holidayā€™ questions on her story) ā€“ she should not be seen as pioneering in the idea of breaking this culture just because sheā€™s written a book about it, she is part of the damn problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Is it ā€œannouncement cultureā€ or ā€œin need of external validation cultureā€? šŸ¤”

• Heart
Reactions: 39
The latest roll of screenshots of the desired text from Popsugars post about her are really aggravating to me. She says it's unhealthy to not work 24/7 and yet everything she does is posted to social media, her platform for her work. Her life is her work. I truly don't think she knows what relaxing is anymore, so how she can preach about delegating work and scheduling truly baffles me!

Don't even get me started on how every hobby must become a side hustle?! I'm sorry Grace but just because you turn everything you do into a money grabbing opportunity does not mean the rest of us do! Hobbies are there for down time and relaxing, if you enjoy it and feel you could sell products then good for you but people do not actively seek out ways to make money from activities they enjoy in their spare time.

She truly is on a completely different planet šŸ™„

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 22
That weight loss story has fucked me off beyond belief. Shreddy really is nothing but glorified slimming world. It's just as cult-like and ultimately doesn't care about introducing exercise as a positive force in someone's life - it's just there, as the name suggests, to encourage weight loss (made obvious by all their before and after photos too)

Reactions: 38
Grace is so sneaky with ads. Notice how she always does them on stories so she can pretend sheā€™s mot an instagrammed when they disappear in 24 hours

Does anyone know how to report stories for breaking ad guidelines?

Reactions: 18
The latest roll of screenshots of the desired text from Popsugars post about her are really aggravating to me. She says it's unhealthy to not work 24/7 and yet everything she does is posted to social media, her platform for her work. Her life is her work. I truly don't think she knows what relaxing is anymore, so how she can preach about delegating work and scheduling truly baffles me!

Don't even get me started on how every hobby must become a side hustle?! I'm sorry Grace but just because you turn everything you do into a money grabbing opportunity does not mean the rest of us do! Hobbies are there for down time and relaxing, if you enjoy it and feel you could sell products then good for you but people do not actively seek out ways to make money from activities they enjoy in their spare time.

Agreed!

also I wouldnā€™t normally care but since this is being published ā€œAmount of optionsā€ in her story should be ā€œnumber of optionsā€ - would have thought she would know that :)

Reactions: 9
Grace is so sneaky with ads. Notice how she always does them on stories so she can pretend sheā€™s mot an instagrammed when they disappear in 24 hours

Does anyone know how to report stories for breaking ad guidelines?
You can take screenshots and complete a form on the ASA website, itā€™s super easy šŸ‘ŒšŸ¼

Reactions: 10
ASA says influencers have to make it clear if they're advertising their own brands/products which Grace definitely doesn't do in stories, but her having the companies in her bio might be enough. I'd be interested to see what they make of it, personally think every story should say it.

Reactions: 15

Again with this - such word salad?? Does anyone else feel that "choice has become a luxury" for our generation? And would anyone think she was implying that a wide range of choices is a bad thing? Why use 20 words when you can use 200...

Reactions: 13
Lol, people adding reviews already.
ā€˜Bit confused how someone gave it 1 star, probably a hater as the book isnā€™t even out yetā€™
Says the fool who is also reviewing a book that isnā€™t even out yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 69
That ā€˜reviewā€™ is just a rephrased version of the excerpts and interviews Grace has posted on Instagram with some defensiveness thrown in for good measure. I really doubt theyā€™ve read the book.

Edit: the mentions of her success and maturity at a young age are a bit sus.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
It seems that her management are really going down the path of ā€œAcknowledge privilege but play it downā€

Reactions: 17
I know that Grace is saving up to advertise her product in The Spectator, so she can have this bit of promo for her book for free:

"Do you have interpersonal and self-worth issues that came from your childhood? Are you at the mercy of an exploitative employer and work culture? If so, read this book, written by someone that has absolutely 0 qualifications or education on the issue, has never been financially vulnerable, and exploits her own employees and customers!"

"Working Hard, Hardly Working is sure to revolutionise your approach to the thing that is making young people like yourself unhappy - being mistreated by your employer/living with trauma/struggling for money HUSTLE/ANNOUNCEMENT CULTURE!"

*Suitable for people that don't believe in class politics (if you don't want people born into wealth to tell you how to be successful, you're obviously not ready to learn to balance your work and life equally and are doomed to be a filthy failure forever)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lol, people adding reviews already.
is this Good Reads? people do this (review without reading) all the time for so many books and I find it so annoying. it skews ratings and makes it so hard to decipher whatā€™s a real review and whatā€™s not! I see Grace is not immune from this either šŸ˜’

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.