Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She used the stupid 'budget kween' before in this quickly deleted tweet:

1617644320404.png

I'm sure we could all be budget kweens if we were also millionaires.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
She used the stupid 'budget kween' before in this quickly deleted tweet:

View attachment 515548

I'm sure we could all be budget kweens if we were also millionaires.
Came here to comment the same thing - irritates me SO much that she refers to herself as a budget queen when she doesn't know the first thing about financial hardship!! It's insulting. Also I can list things of the top of my head that don't seem too budget friendly like getting a jacuzzi lifted into your garden as soon as lockdown hit

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Nah sorry, this isn’t a mask and it’s ridiculous for them to try and claim it is
1C049B3A-8581-4CF3-92F8-2215D9544F05.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
The return of our favourite size 5 font instagram story lectures 🥰
  • Charity shops are shut but you can still donate to them. I used the BHF freepost donation service to donate stuff a few weeks ago. Also, she has been selling her clothes on depop for years, well before the pandemic, so clearly she was never donating to charity shops so I don't know why she thinks this is a slam-dunk.
  • If you have accumulated that many clothes that you have to employ your own sister to shift it all, you can get lost with lecturing everyone about reducing their fashion consumption.
  • "budget kween" :sick: I'm sorry, but does anyone else find it absolutely repulsive for a millionaire who has never in her life experienced financial hardship to keep using this stupid phrase? She wouldn't last two weeks on a minimum wage job in London. She's never, ever been in a situation where she has had to properly budget to get by in life. Just because you get all your food for free because you're an influencer doesn't make you a budgeting kween... just means you're privileged.
A monthly clothes shopping budget the size of someone’s yearly rent probably... what a Tory

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Her tit about the charity shops pisses me off. I used to volunteer in one and there were so many people reliant on them for basic clothes, books for their kids and warm clothes in the winter, not to mention shoes. Charity shops truly rely on the goodness of people to donate selflessly (not to mention that profits go to cancer research etc).

Unpopular opinion but it lowkey annoys me when people use depop instead, especially people who don’t need the money like Grace. Like I get that it’s your stuff and sell it if you want to, that’s your prerogative but I’m guessing most people on depop aren’t millionaires!

It’s all about the hustle and passive income and squeezing money out of every possible angle with these folks. Everything has to be monetised these days, hobbies etc and yet this is the type of thing her book is supposedly rallying against?! Just goes to show enough money is never enough 🙄
So no, I don’t believe her when she says she donates some profits to charity. It’s all about the clout here and it’s shallow as fuuuuuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I think it’s poor taste for a millionaire to try and make budgeting sound cute. For some people it’s a daily struggle to budget for basics like food. Selling your clothes because you’ve got too many, not because you need the money, isnt budgeting.
There’s been times in my past where I have gone round my house trying to find things I can put on eBay because I’ve actually needed to. Now (obviously I’m not a millionaire lol) I would just take stuff to a charity shop if I had a sort out.

Ps her Depop makes no reference to money going to charity...
Anyways rant over!

Reactions: 58
Her tit about the charity shops pisses me off. I used to volunteer in one and there were so many people reliant on them for basic clothes, books for their kids and warm clothes in the winter, not to mention shoes. Charity shops truly rely on the goodness of people to donate selflessly (not to mention that profits go to cancer research etc).

Unpopular opinion but it lowkey annoys me when people use depop instead, especially people who don’t need the money like Grace. Like I get that it’s your stuff and sell it if you want to, that’s your prerogative but I’m guessing most people on depop aren’t millionaires!

It’s all about the hustle and passive income and squeezing money out of every possible angle with these folks. Everything has to be monetised these days, hobbies etc and yet this is the type of thing her book is supposedly rallying against?! Just goes to show enough money is never enough 🙄
So no, I don’t believe her when she says she donates some profits to charity. It’s all about the clout here and it’s shallow as fuuuuuck.

Yep, all of this. Depop fucks me off regardless because of the people on there who buy £2 dresses in charity shops and then sell them for £30 as "vintage" pieces. Disgusting tbh.

Also, depop is more sustainable than a local charity shop? I'm sure the numerous royal mail vans shipping your stuff all over would disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
So instead of just giving the clothes or profits to charity Grace has come up with a convoluted way to fund her shopping habit, broadcast her sustainable credentials and satisfy her superiority complex by ‘employing’ her sister to do all the work and then talking about her job in a condescending way.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Yep, all of this. Depop fucks me off regardless because of the people on there who buy £2 dresses in charity shops and then sell them for £30 as "vintage" pieces. Disgusting tbh.

Also, depop is more sustainable than a local charity shop? I'm sure the numerous royal mail vans shipping your stuff all over would disagree.
Yep! A lot of these bigger depop shops buy dirt cheap clothes from Aliexpress, label them as vintage/rare and sell them at insane markups to unwitting people. There's obviously many people on the app genuinely selling secondhand clothing but you do have to be careful, because there's just as many sellers who are acting as middlemen to sweatshops. These Aliexpress sellers definitely oversaturate the search feed on depop so I wouldn't agree with Grace's claim that it's an excellent app for encouraging consumers to buy secondhand clothes - it's so easy to get tricked by deceptive sellers on there.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
None of it would bother anyone if she hadn’t claimed to be such a hardcore leftist, she wonders why she gets called out so much more than other influencers and this is exactly why! The excuse about charity shops being closed is hilarious, theres always somewhere you can donate clothes and if not, wait 2 months till the charity shops open again? And no, I don’t believe for one minute she is even gonna donate the money she makes from selling them to charity loool.

Reactions: 47
I’m actually dying at those face masks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 they really thought they did something I’m screaming at the model struggling to breathe

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Looooooool at tala thinking that “around the neck” is another way to wear the stupid face covering. Just because you can, doesn’t make it a thing you can use to market it? You /could/ wear any face mask/headband around your neck, but you don’t see those being marketed as “ooooh cool you can also wear it around your neck!”

Not to mention the fact that you /really shouldn’t/ be wearing a face mask around your neck, but I don’t know why I expected anything else from this tit show of a company. I mean they are recommending you wear your face mask as a headband so....

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Nah sorry, this isn’t a mask and it’s ridiculous for them to try and claim it is View attachment 515590
Not being funny (I’m black myself), they really did the model dirty with her hair do. Should have styled her original texture better or get matching extensions. Who’s betting Grez hires make up artists and hair stylists who work on diverse clientele?

Reactions: 25
The return of our favourite size 5 font instagram story lectures 🥰
  • Charity shops are shut but you can still donate to them. I used the BHF freepost donation service to donate stuff a few weeks ago. Also, she has been selling her clothes on depop for years, well before the pandemic, so clearly she was never donating to charity shops so I don't know why she thinks this is a slam-dunk.
  • If you have accumulated that many clothes that you have to employ your own sister to shift it all, you can get lost with lecturing everyone about reducing their fashion consumption.
  • "budget kween" :sick: I'm sorry, but does anyone else find it absolutely repulsive for a millionaire who has never in her life experienced financial hardship to keep using this stupid phrase? She wouldn't last two weeks on a minimum wage job in London. She's never, ever been in a situation where she has had to properly budget to get by in life. Just because you get all your food for free because you're an influencer doesn't make you a budgeting kween... just means you're privileged.
Prefers to support Depop, a company which has received more than $100m in VC funding, rather than her local community op shop? It’s more sustainable because it teaches your average consumer that second hand shopping is a thing but too bad for the people who are actually in need? Lol, what is this tit thinking?

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.