Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys! Update from the other day caught a pic of the shredder advertisement when out with a friend. Had to crop a bit there was a innocent man in the picture 🤣
I'm aware that this is so pretty but I hate how it says "fitness is uncomplicated"... uncomplicated? Don't you mean simple? Reminds me so much of Grace's writing...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Well you are just commited to misunderstand. It's called sLoW fAsHiOn for a reason.

😂

Reducing waste 101:
Crumple so it *looks* like less waste.

Please tell me this is a joke 😵
I think what they're trying to get at is that foil can only be recycled if it's squished into a golf ball, but they obviously haven't explained it properly lmao

Reactions: 13
I think what they're trying to get at is that foil can only be recycled if it's squished into a golf ball, but they obviously haven't explained it properly lmao
I thought if you can make it any smaller than the size of a golf ball then it can’t be recycled, so yet another very helpful post of them which provides several questions that wasn’t there before they posted it

Reactions: 12
Came here to say I have had 2 friends tag me multiple times in the Wild/TALA giveaway with words such as "I love these brands so much - please let me win!! 😻". Both are vegan and conscious of trying to choose sustainable products, and are huge fans of Grace because they think she aligns with their values. I just refused to like or comment in response because any engagement boosts the algorithms, even if it's negative.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
How are they getting away with charging £20 for 2 face masks?!
I's not even a proper mask. It's a "face covering" and you can see in the pic it doesn't fit around the model's chin. Looks like a bandana to me.

Reactions: 13
The face masks are completely see through - I can see her nose and mouth. Yet another winning product from our fave ethical brand :love:

1617614595272.png

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why would you want to walk around wearing a mask you’ve been breathing into as a bleeping headband? Just cringe and dirty.
It is supposedly coated with an antiviral, but even still, the company who makes it recommends washing the masks after each use... aka don’t rub it all over your hair and look like a head as Tala are suggesting to

Reactions: 23
Those ‘masks’ are pointless 😪 I’m not sure of the guidelines in the UK but a mask without any sort of filter or double layer is not going to prevent you from passing covid to others, you might as well not wear one. Just a way to get around the rules like someone said above, no surprise from Grace

Reactions: 19
Why on Earth would you want to put something that’s been on your sweaty forehead and hair on your mouth and skin 🤮 awful design

Reactions: 29
Lol her trying to explain why she doesn’t donate to charity shops and sells her clothes on depop, you may as well skip to point 5.

Reactions: 32
The return of our favourite size 5 font instagram story lectures 🥰
  • Charity shops are shut but you can still donate to them. I used the BHF freepost donation service to donate stuff a few weeks ago. Also, she has been selling her clothes on depop for years, well before the pandemic, so clearly she was never donating to charity shops so I don't know why she thinks this is a slam-dunk.
  • If you have accumulated that many clothes that you have to employ your own sister to shift it all, you can get lost with lecturing everyone about reducing their fashion consumption.
  • "budget kween" :sick: I'm sorry, but does anyone else find it absolutely repulsive for a millionaire who has never in her life experienced financial hardship to keep using this stupid phrase? She wouldn't last two weeks on a minimum wage job in London. She's never, ever been in a situation where she has had to properly budget to get by in life. Just because you get all your food for free because you're an influencer doesn't make you a budgeting kween... just means you're privileged.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
Lol her trying to explain why she doesn’t donate to charity shops and sells her clothes on depop, you may as well skip to point 5.
Point 5 being she likes making money 😂😂😂

also those face masks not only look awful, but also incredibly uncomfortable and completely ineffective. Might as well put tissue paper around your face

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The return of our favourite size 5 font instagram story lectures 🥰
  • Charity shops are shut but you can still donate to them. I used the BHF freepost donation service to donate stuff a few weeks ago. Also, she has been selling her clothes on depop for years, well before the pandemic, so clearly she was never donating to charity shops so I don't know why she thinks this is a slam-dunk.
  • If you have accumulated that many clothes that you have to employ your own sister to shift it all, you can get lost with lecturing everyone about reducing their fashion consumption.
  • "budget kween" :sick: I'm sorry, but does anyone else find it absolutely repulsive for a millionaire who has never in her life experienced financial hardship to keep using this stupid phrase? She wouldn't last two weeks on a minimum wage job in London. She's never, ever been in a situation where she has had to properly budget to get by in life. Just because you get all your food for free because you're an influencer doesn't make you a budgeting kween... just means you're privileged.
So well said, not to mention I’m sure loads of people have done clear outs of clothes and will just take them to charity shops when they open.

the budgeting comment is the most infuriating

Reactions: 24
I also absolutely refuse to believe that she only spends the money she makes on Depop on clothes. She’s contradicted herself over and over with that explanation. She gives all the money from gifted items to charity, but uses the money she makes on her own clothes on new clothes? I just can’t believe she would be making enough money from that to buy all the designer clothes she has bought in the past few years. Besides, what’s the point in clearing out your wardrobe and selling on Depop to be sustainable, only to go and buy new clothes??

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.