Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Criticising Grace or asking for some genuine transparency is not ‘dragging her down’ 🤮
Hahaha literally, if influencers want to call what they do their "job" they should be able to receive criticisms or even be "sacked" like you would in a job. Imagine any other job where you were doing awfully and breaking so many rules and you responded to valid criticism with "ur just dragging me down hun what happened to be kind!!!!!!!" The way they think they're untouchable makes me crease

Reactions: 21
duck that homeless geezer outside, we NEED to give this influencer a free coffee, seriously she deserves it
2E6FEDF7-0E10-48EE-8E62-90CEAAED52C5.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Criticising Grace or asking for some genuine transparency is not ‘dragging her down’ 🤮
I haven’t read her book, but based on what I’ve seen, I genuinely think Florence Given is partly responsible for this new thing I’ve seen emerge of ‘don’t drag other women down’ or ‘invest your energy in uplifting other women not dragging them down’. People don’t seem to be able to differentiate between (valid and constructive) criticism of a public figure and bashing on someone for no reason.

Reactions: 18
Would you like to see what business insider subscribers are paying 10 smackers a month to read?
Grace beverley telling them to write down what they want to achieve and use the S.M.A.R.T method of setting goals. I literally learned this in gcse PE guys.
tit just keeps getting funnier
26FA6D48-2EBD-4A1C-AD6F-276FD3E50A31.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Would you like to see what business insider subscribers are paying 10 smackers a month to read?
Grace beverley telling them to write down what they want to achieve and use the S.M.A.R.T method of setting goals. I literally learned this in gcse PE guys.
View attachment 405793
Ffs I learnt this in early secondary school too😂 hardly game changing advice

• Haha
Reactions: 14
View attachment 405793
what is with all this daily goals and affirmations crap that influencers spew these days, fair enough if it works but to me it just seems like what people playing business girl boss babe do to pretend they're actually doing something

Reactions: 24
I haven’t read her book, but based on what I’ve seen, I genuinely think Florence Given is partly responsible for this new thing I’ve seen emerge of ‘don’t drag other women down’ or ‘invest your energy in uplifting other women not dragging them down’. People don’t seem to be able to differentiate between (valid and constructive) criticism of a public figure and bashing on someone for no reason.
Yes I totally agree. I can't remember if it was Grace's thread I said this on before or someone else's but I hate this new type of feminism which suggests that any kind of criticism of women is anti-feminist and we should all be lifting each other up, if you're talking bullshit I don't care if you're male, female or other, someone should be calling you out! It has nothing to do with her being female and it's another contradiction, while she's saying she does recognise her privilege she's then telling us off because we're criticising her as a woman? Make it make sense!

I really agree with whoever above said about her shallow understanding of privilege, as awful as it is if she has gone through abuse and has PTSD that doesn't detract from or lessen her privilege in anyway. This is exactly like people who cannot grasp that white privilege doesn't mean you haven't had hardship in your life, it means you haven't had it because you are white. Equally you can suffer abuse and PTSD and still be hugely privileged, which she is. While Grace is female and I don't deny that means she is less privileged than men, she is much closer to the male level of privilege as a white, rich, privately educated woman than she is to say, women of colour living in poverty. As much as she likes to bang on about ~ nuance ~ she sure as tit can't apply it when it comes to herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I am speculating that someone stalked her or severely bullied her online and threatened her safety. I think the cameras in her home are a result of someone attempting to harm her in or near the London apartment she rented out shortly before her final stretch of uni. And it coincidentally happened the same period of the break up. I recall her having to go to hospital when she lived in that apartment in London and that she had an allergic reaction which was caused by ptsd.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I am speculating that someone stalked her or severely bullied her online and threatened her safety. I think the cameras in her home are a result of someone attempting to harm her in or near the London apartment she rented out shortly before her final stretch of uni. And it coincidentally happened the same period of the break up. I recall her having to go to hospital when she lived in that apartment in London and that she had an allergic reaction which was caused by ptsd.
I was wondering something similar. I remember when she was living out of college in second year and she said that people would go outside her house and scream her name. It’s not a stretch that someone may have done something quite scary as a result of that.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah that sort of traumas all together in a short space of time would prob cause it. However, the anaphylaxis caused by PTSD just simply aint true.

Yeah that sort of traumas all together in a short space of time would prob cause it. However, the anaphylaxis caused by PTSD just simply aint true.
Yeah, that's my issue- like, I'm not saying anything one way or the other about the abuse she was apparently referring to earlier today, but for me personally, all the "lying by omission/ misdirection" doesn't incline me to believe anything that she DOES say, not at face value, that's for sure!

Reactions: 9
I'm not sure it's as simple as that. PTSD is really complex and can manifest in all sort of strange physical symptoms. If you have higher cortisol (stress hormone) levels due to PTSD, that can definitely impact your immune system and hence your allergic reactions. There's research into the links between immunological responses and PTSD and I can see that there are reports of stress-induced anaphylaxis, so I don't think it can be dismissed.

Reactions: 9
I swear if I used Twitter/ Instagram (and could be bothered) I'd just post this everywhere, since it seems to cover any objection these morons could have, and it took me about half an hour to put together, so it's hardly "secret knowledge":

"Here's an article on Grace and her sisters giving their names- Alice, Flora, Grace and Violet- and those of their parents, Peter and Vicky: https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2010/12-november/gazette/salisbury-the-beverley-sisters . The picture also helpfully very obviously shows Grace, who hasn't changed very much (also Flora for anyone who watches her stuff). The births of the Beverley daughters are in U.K. records, with mother "Broackes". These are the only Beverley/ Broackes births that appear in records. Their ages match those given in the article above, at the time it was written. The only Beverley/ Broackes marriage is between Robert P. Beverley [Company records give Grace's dad as management consultant "Peter Robert Beverley", so he clearly just prefers going by his second name] and Victoria R. Broackes, in 1991. Company records (listing her as a "museum curator"- i.e., of the V. & A.- and "head of exhibitions", and born December 1961) give her full name as "Victoria Rowland Broackes", the "Rowland" coming from her father's mother, Nancy Rowland Tansley, an artist. There is only one Victoria Broackes (let alone with middle initial "R.") in U.K. records, she whose birth was registered first quarter 1962 (indicating registration subsequent to her birth in December 1961, as per the company records). Her mother is given as "Skidmore"; Joyce Edith née Skidmore (1925-1993) married firstly, in 1948, Kenneth James Warlow Horne (1911-1951; son of Sir William Kenneth Horne, a judge), and secondly, in 1956, Nigel Broackes, per U.K. records. Fortunately the combinations of distinctive surnames involved make tracing these people and establishing the facts beyond any reasonable doubt very simple indeed. If you don't choose to accept them, that's fine, go on believing she's a self-made boss witch or whatever. The facts remain, based on official records and published biographical works, and anyone with any kind of ability to think will consider them, and perhaps even do their own research.

Basically, if you don't agree with the facts presented, the onus is on you to:
1) find another set of four Beverley daughters named Alice, Flora, Grace, and Violet, whose mother's surname was Broackes (established by the fact that Sir Nigel Broackes's daughter "Victoria Beverley" is listed as a source for his ODNB entry, and that Grace has several times liked and commented on social media posts about the activities of "Victoria Broackes", directly referring to her as her mother)
2) find another Victoria Broackes in U.K. records (let alone one who married a Peter Beverley)
3) find another Victoria Broackes who's a well-known, highly-paid curator, including for the V. & A.

To save you the trouble: you won't be able to."

Sadly these little saps aren't able to read more than three lines and take in the information.
Her first taste of fame! And hooked on it ever since.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
on this topic of abuse that she’s just suddenly sprung outa nowhere - can we just take a minute to recall how this is a typical behaviour of narcissists. resorting to self pity as a substitute for self esteem is so typical of people who want to play the “mistreated hero” in their reality which let’s face it is all about them.
the more this girl shows of herself the more clear her narcissistic behaviours become

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. PTSD is really complex and can manifest in all sort of strange physical symptoms. If you have higher cortisol (stress hormone) levels due to PTSD, that can definitely impact your immune system and hence your allergic reactions. There's research into the links between immunological responses and PTSD and I can see that there are reports of stress-induced anaphylaxis, so I don't think it can be dismissed.
someone with actual ptsd doesn’t just talk about it when being confronted with their own fuckery tho let’s face it 🤷🏽‍♀️ the only time we hear of this ptsd is when she’s being challenged or confronted or having to address issues.
the rest of the time NOTHING abojt anything she does or embodies suggests someone who has suffered trauma

• Heart
Reactions: 37
on this topic of abuse that she’s just suddenly sprung outa nowhere - can we just take a minute to recall how this is a typical behaviour of narcissists. resorting to self pity as a substitute for self esteem is so typical of people who want to play the “mistreated hero” in their reality which let’s face it is all about them.
the more this girl shows of herself the more clear her narcissistic behaviours become

someone with actual ptsd doesn’t just talk about it when being confronted with their own fuckery tho let’s face it 🤷🏽‍♀️ the only time we hear of this ptsd is when she’s being challenged or confronted or having to address issues.
the rest of the time NOTHING abojt anything she does or embodies suggests someone who has suffered trauma
I have no doubt that Grace is formally diagnosed with PTSD. She’s also a narcissistic, self serving head. I’m not really on board with the idea of people who ‘actually’ have x, y, z. Mental illnesses are complex and can present in a multitude of ways. I don’t think that should be dismissed, even if Grace is just bringing it up to manipulate.

• Heart
I’ve literally just finished reading FG’s book and unless I’ve missed something huge, I’d almost say her book was the opposite? It’s very much about setting your own boundaries and not standing for anyone not respecting them. In that sense I’d say it was the opposite as it’s about calling people out when they need it, not just uplifting anyone for the sake of it. I may be completely wrong as I don’t really follow her elsewhere on socials so this may be something she has alluded to, I have seen the whole ‘don’t drag any other women down’ thing though I’m not sure if it was her or not 🤔

Reactions: 5

On the contrary, people with real mental illnesses weaponise them all the time. Bad people can have mental illnesses and can whip them out to get sympathy. She first talked about the PTSD in a random Instagram post, not when she was being confronted about something. I don't think it's that deep, I think she has it but just brought it out at an inappropriate moment.

And I detest the idea that if you have trauma you have to act like you've experienced it. Really don't mean to be rude here, but please educate yourself - so many mental illnesses, especially those linked to trauma, are not visible. What does it even mean to act like you've suffered trauma?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.