Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it's a deliberate PR move to continue to act coy and vague about her privilege. As long as she makes vague statements like "I'm privileged", her followers will assume she is getting unfair criticism and swear up and down that Grace is transparent. I think it's because her followers will be comparing to her other influencers - there's a dime a dozen white, middle-class, privately educated influencers, so people are probably wondering why it's Grace getting the brunt of this criticism. She dances around the reality that she was born into a family of millionaires because I think she knows most of her following still doesn't realise exactly how wealthy her family is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
omg the stories are just continuing and continuing! why did she not just make a youtube video? The constant talk about hustle culture.... she really sounds like she is close to tears in some of this
I'm glad I gave up after the first few 😵

Deliberately making loads and saying nowt because she's only human and trying her best 🙄

bossbabe.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
You can tell she has no idea. The way she markets tala as affordable irks me and shows how out of touch she is- or when she calls anything affordable really!
tala selling £40 leggings (won’t even go into skin luxe 🙄)
£15 a thong
£15 a pair of socks
£75 a fleece
And if you challenge her on it being affordable she goes on about how low the profit margins are, matching other brands etc. Maybe, but your idea of affordable brands is anything cheaper than lulu. Most people it’s Tesco £8 leggings.
you can say your products are fairly priced- don’t use word affordable

if airbus had a 50% off sale on bloody planes it would be a damn good deal, wouldn’t make them all of a sudden affordable just because it’s cheaper than something else. Especially when talking about luxury items like additional leggings.

Reactions: 33
The timing of this so soon before her book launch makes i all the more hilarious

Reactions: 11
She really tried to make the tweet about “hustle culture” when the tweet was more focused on the denial of privilege and wealth that Grace has participated in. The tweet definitely was critiquing hustle culture but not in the same way Grace was. She was deliberately skipping over the point in order to 1) advertise her book and 2) make it look like she cares about privilege. I’m so tired of her and other influencers getting SO CLOSE to the point and then skipping over the parts they don’t like.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Her tone in those stories is just so jarring, she’s putting on this fake smile and light hearted voice and it just doesn’t match up with what she’s actually saying at all, it’s coming across as so disingenuous.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Grace: I wrote a dissertation in 2 weeks, I wrote 4 dissertations in the last term of my degree while running a full time business and creating another business
Also Grace: hustle culture is bad :/

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Can't even listen to her bullshit, her teeth look so ridiculous its distracting

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I.... why is she bringing up PTSD. That is not productive to this conversation re privilege. Surely there is a better time and place to discuss her history with abuse, rather than in an Insta story that is supposed to be a response to valid criticism.

Reactions: 50
She’s mentioned the PTSD thing before but I don’t think I’ve heard her speak about being abused. I’ve always wondered what happened there, was it to do with Aaron?

• Wow
Reactions: 20
She’s mentioned the PTSD thing before but I don’t think I’ve heard her speak about being abused. I’ve always wondered what happened there, was it to do with Aaron?
I remember her talking about PTSD related to a car accident and injury she had?

Reactions: 11
I did wonder why the initial focus was on the "she's not using her Oxford degree" blah blah... still, as long as this little factoid makes its way into the world I'm slightly satisfied!

Reactions: 4
she'll never fully acknowledge her privilege though until her book is old news as it completely undermines the legitimacy of the whole thing - its like expecting people to read a vegan cook book written by a bloody lion

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I like how in her screenshot of the tweet it had like 24k RT and now it’s on like 250k RT so I guess she’s just drawn people to it haha. Also I asked her why she didn’t say anything about whay her flatmate said about how she isn’t privileged and other people are just lazy which is super problematic

Reactions: 13
I remember her talking about PTSD related to a car accident and injury she had?
i think she mentioned having PTSD in the 2nd (maybe 3rd) year of uni, for some reason I always thought that the car accident was when she was small & that’s why she stopped gymnastics:unsure:

Reactions: 4
I’m so over hearing people with generational wealth bleat on about working hard, most people ‘work hard’ and the people who I would say work the hardest are those who physical work, long hours on their feet all day like nurses, retail staff, people who collect the bins. What Grace/people of her ilk don’t seem to realise is her working hard is not why she is successful otherwise all the people I’ve just mentioned would be rich as well. She’s successful because she has parents with money, connections, a private school background. It’s not a confounding factor to be mentioned alongside her ‘hard’ work. It’s directly constitutive of her success. She could’ve worked ‘less’ hard and still been as successful because that’s how that whole privilege works. For someone who is soooo educated she’s not very smart.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.