Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the lack of any movement in her forehead and the dripping in gold jewelry really screams “relatable business woman” don’t u think?
I also find it funny how she has a full face of quite heavy makeup just to sit around in her house making stories

Reactions: 30
I am not convinced that actually was ‘approved’ by Gleam/PR!? She came across as so unprepared and nervy! Surely would have been more professional if she/Gleam had actually given bullet points of things to address 🧐

Reactions: 21
Soooo she took 85 stories to say absolutely nothing and skate round the issues and eventually say “I’m just going to ignore it”. Seriously all she had to say was “i acknowledge I’m really privileged, I was born into wealth and privilege and so although I feel I’ve worked really hardit has been far easier for me to achieve than someone from a different background.” But no way she will ever say anything along those lines because it shows her book shouldn’t be published🙄 far worse than if she didn’t address it at all!!!

Reactions: 26
Hey I'm quite new to the thread, what's the Wiki?
Welcome! At the top of the thread there should be a pink button which leads to the Wiki. It's just a place to dump info on her main scandals or just generally documenting her bullshittery so there's an easy resource to refer to.

Speaking of which, I've updated with some stuff on her skirting around her privilege. Happy to hear if I've missed any other gaffes from her!

Reactions: 6
What is almost sad about this latest instagram waffle, is that if she afforded a similar block of time to think about/discuss Dubai or TALA’s ‘greenwashing’, she might actually start gaining some points.

She only ever seems to address issues that blow up big enough that they could affect her financially, either through her customer base not growing, or her current customer base deciding they don’t like her enough to support her poor products anymore.

As Dubai and the ‘greenwashing’ accusations never reached such an audience (especially to the point where people were changing their mind about her), she never felt the need to address. Just shows that she only ever cares when money is involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
what the duck does hustle culture have to do with her claiming her success is due to hard work and not privilege ? and acting like she’s self made when she’s not?

she’s done 2+2=71 in 196 stories which i’m not even watching bleeping hell followers will drop like flies just from the annoyance of it

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I’m in Kensington rn and everytime I walk past a old wrinkly white man I think it’s Peter beverley

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Looool people putting kpop fancams on it now and all the retweets are from kpop stans lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: 6
'I'm vocally left wing' - precisely Grace, vocally, and that's where your left wing views end, because you don't put any of those values into practice.

I hope the momentum from this tweet sustains, it's so good to see people talking about how problematic she is publicly and on this scale

Also, unrelated to any of what's going on rn but just a sidenote, for every single shreddy challenge she posts about it for 2 days before it starts, going on about how amazing it's going to be and how she's going to be doing it every day alongside everyone and checking the hashtag etc etc bs bs... and then never speaks about it again once it's started and she's convinced enough new customers to join. You've done this about 6 times now Grace, you don't use your app or do the challenge, if you're going to pretend that you do then at least post about it on a single other day!

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Hi - I've never posted on here before but have lurked a little. However, Grace's most recent story has tipped me over the edge a little bit.

What I find so uncomfortable about Grace's privilege is (apart from her inability to acknowledge it in any meaningful way) is how she twists the narrative to make her seem LESS privileged and therefore 'more relatable'.

This is how she should tell her story;

I'm white and I was born into wealth, my parents are not just 'middle class', they're millionaires. My parents had the money to send my sisters and I to a private girls school, costing £30,000 a year per child. I received a scholarship based on my musical ability, however, this only compensated for a small amount of my school fees. I secured an internship with IBM prior to University and whilst this was, in part, attributed to my academic ability, I recognise that I had access to high quality schooling, coaching and mentoring which others do not. I also recognise that I was lucky to have a family home in London, where I can afford to survive and even save money on an interns wage - many others may have been forced to turn down the internship due to financial and geographical considerations. I achieved a place at Oxford University, but once again, this was in part due to my schooling.

I have worked hard and have built three businesses. I'm currently writing a book about these businesses, which I take three days a week to write - again, a huge privilege as I know the creative arts is hugely underpaid and most writers work full time, as well as taking on freelance work. My book is about productivity, but it's important to acknowledge I've had a huge 'kick start' in life. What I have achieved, therefore, is not in reach for many others. So, whilst I enjoy talking about productivity, I'm committed to ensuring I address structural inequalities (e.g. through launching initiatives in her businesses to hire people from working class backgrounds?)

Of course, this is not to undermine my own personal struggles - like everyone else I'm human, I'm a young woman, I get burnt out, work can be hectic - but I recognise that I have a lot of luxuries to support me through these times, comparative to others.

But this is how she CHOOSES to tell her story;

I'm white, but I'm a woman. My parents are middle class. I received a scholarship and that's what allowed me to go to private school. My internship with IBM was a result of my hard work. I got a place at Oxford because I'm academic - I was almost kicked out in my first term because I couldn't afford the fees after a student finance error and that's what kick started me into business. (Does not acknowledge that this is a common student finance error which could have been resolved through phone calls or - if push came to shove - loaning money from her parents. There was no 'necessity' for her to sell her products, just opportunity).

I'm a full time CEO of two businesses in two days a week and a writer in three days a week and my days are so busy. I'm so tired from juggling this and writing my book that I have to take a holiday to Dubai. I'll talk about left wing politics and my sympathy for the working class but I'll do nothing to actually engage with this through my work or businesses, marketing my expensive products as 'affordable' and my book on productivity and success as almost £20 a pop (making it, therefore, inaccessible to working class people and completely failing to acknowledge that 7.1 million adults, usually from poorer socioeconomic backgrounds, in England are functionally illiterate).

However, I'm committed to addressing my privilege by saying 'I'm privileged' every now and again, without making an effort to demonstrate any understanding of WHY I'm privileged.

Sorry a long post - but it really, really irks me. She is determined to fabricate a life filled with hardships and struggles, fundamentally undermining the lives of those who are genuinely disadvantaged. You should never twist or tailor the facts in an effort to appear relatable or as an 'underdog' to make your achievements appear more impressive. Grace should embrace her background, acknowledge it and move on. People aren't judging her for being rich or privileged (I don't think) - that's just her circumstance. They're frustrated because she tries to mask it. That's all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 157
Hi - I've never posted on here before but have lurked a little. However, Grace's most recent story has tipped me over the edge a little bit.

What I find so uncomfortable about Grace's privilege is (apart from her inability to acknowledge it in any meaningful way) is how she twists the narrative to make her seem LESS privileged and therefore 'more relatable'.

I'm white and I was born into wealth, my parents are not just 'middle class', they're millionaires. My parents had the money to send my sisters and I to a private girls school, costing £30,000 a year per child. I received a scholarship based on my musical ability, however, this only compensated for a small amount of my school fees. I secured an internship with IBM prior to University and whilst this was, in part, attributed to my academic ability, I recognise that I had access to high quality schooling, coaching and mentoring which others do not. I also recognise that I was lucky to have a family home in London, where I can afford to survive and even save money on an interns wage - many others may have been forced to turn down the internship due to financial and geographical considerations. I achieved a place at Oxford University, but once again, this was in part due to my schooling.

I have worked hard and have built three businesses. I'm currently writing a book about these businesses, which I take three days a week to write - again, a huge privilege as I know the creative arts is hugely underpaid and most writers work full time, as well as taking on freelance work. My book is about productivity, but it's important to acknowledge I've had a huge 'kick start' in life. What I have achieved, therefore, is not in reach for many others. So, whilst I enjoy talking about productivity, I'm committed to ensuring I address structural inequalities (e.g. through launching initiatives in her businesses to hire people from working class backgrounds?)

Of course, this is not to undermine my own personal struggles - like everyone else I'm human, I'm a young woman, I get burnt out, work can be hectic - but I recognise that I have a lot of luxuries to support me through these times, comparative to others.

I'm white, but I'm a woman. My parents are middle class. I received a scholarship and that's what allowed me to go to private school. My internship with IBM was a result of my hard work. I got a place at Oxford because I'm academic - I was almost kicked out in my first term because I couldn't afford the fees after a student finance error and that's what kick started me into business. (Does not acknowledge that this is a common student finance error which could have been resolved through phone calls or - if push came to shove - loaning money from her parents. There was no 'necessity' for her to sell her products, just opportunity).

I'm a full time CEO of two businesses in two days a week and a writer in three days a week and my days are so busy. I'm so tired from juggling this and writing my book that I have to take a holiday to Dubai. I'll talk about left wing politics and my sympathy for the working class but I'll do nothing to actually engage with this through my work or businesses, marketing my expensive products as 'affordable' and my book on productivity and success as almost £20 a pop (making it, therefore, inaccessible to working class people and completely failing to acknowledge that 7.1 million adults, usually from poorer socioeconomic backgrounds, in England are functionally illiterate).

However, I'm committed to addressing my privilege by saying 'I'm privileged' every now and again, without making an effort to demonstrate any understanding of WHY I'm privileged.

Sorry a long post - but it really, really irks me. She is determined to fabricate a life filled with hardships and struggles, fundamentally undermining the lives of those who are genuinely disadvantaged. You should never twist or tailor the facts in an effort to appear relatable or as an 'underdog' to make your achievements appear more impressive. Grace should embrace her background, acknowledge it and move on. People are judging her for being rich or privileged (I don't think) - that's just her circumstance. They're frustrated because she tries to mask it. That's all.
👏👏 could not have put it better!

Reactions: 18

Sorry a long post - but it really, really irks me. She is determined to fabricate a life filled with hardships and struggles, fundamentally undermining the lives of those who are genuinely disadvantaged. You should never twist or tailor the facts in an effort to appear relatable or as an 'underdog' to make your achievements appear more impressive. Grace should embrace her background, acknowledge it and move on. People are judging her for being rich or privileged (I don't think) - that's just her circumstance. They're frustrated because she tries to mask it. That's all.
This!! If she just came clean about the extent of her privilege it would do her so many favours. Pretending otherwise just makes her look either exploitative or in denial

Reactions: 22
Lol that last story. “Idk what to do” in a little sad voice. Are we supposed to pity you?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
She’s very clearly ran to this thread after posting that tit and is trying to save face on the last two. Yet she “dOeSnT CarE wHaT PeoPlE sAy”

Whether she’ll admit it or not she does care a lot about what we say here as she realises there’s actually some very intelligent people here. Hence why she’s alwayssss indirecting via stories or suddenly doing things that have been mentioned here

Reactions: 18
She could have literally said ‘Yes my family are well off and I’m extremely privileged because of that. I have had a fantastic Education that not many people get and I had lots of contacts that have helped me with launching these businesses.” That was literally it. Literally what she could have said in 1 story. Acknowledge it and get on with it

• Heart
Reactions: 35
omg the stories are just continuing and continuing! why did she not just make a youtube video? The constant talk about hustle culture.... she really sounds like she is close to tears in some of this

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.