Grace Beverley #12 Full of conceit, called out in a tweet and boy is it sweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hi everyone, sorry i'm new here so this has probably already been discussed but did grace delete her twitter account?

Reactions: 2
U got a screenshot saying she was gonna sue you? Honestly makes me sick when these big influencers try threatening people with legal action
Nooo I don’t ;(
I blocked violet LOOOOL
Deleted the chat

I’m sure if anyone does it even for bants violet will message anyways, I don’t use depop anymore or I would have done it and sent the screenshot here 😂

Reactions: 3
Exactly, what’s the point in making ‘sustainable’ products if they break after one or two uses so you have to buy more! The most sustainable thing is still to not buy so much. So counterproductive. And why are we meant to applaud Grace for doing slightly more than the worst? Like wow, the bar is so low. She sells these products for a lot of money, even if you took the sustainability element out of it entirely the cost value ratio doesn’t balance. My £15 H&M leggings from like 10 years ago are still going strong.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Nooo I don’t ;(
I blocked violet LOOOOL
Deleted the chat

I’m sure if anyone does it even for bants violet will message anyways, I don’t use depop anymore or I would have done it and sent the screenshot here 😂
Honestly, I’m tempted to make a depop and start mass distributing them for 10p each

• Haha
Reactions: 16
hi everyone, sorry i'm new here so this has probably already been discussed but did grace delete her twitter account?
Yes she did, or at least temporarily deactivated. Probably to stop her old contradictions being dug up lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And the reply to this was even worse “technically sustainability doesn’t have any recognised meaning” 😬😬😬
it has no specific meaning so they can define it themselves? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: what a joke

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Exactly, what’s the point in making ‘sustainable’ products if they break after one or two uses so you have to buy more! The most sustainable thing is still to not buy so much. So counterproductive. And why are we meant to applaud Grace for doing slightly more than the worst? Like wow, the bar is so low. She sells these products for a lot of money, even if you took the sustainability element out of it entirely the cost value ratio doesn’t balance. My £15 H&M leggings from like 10 years ago are still going strong.
I’ve had my £3 forever 21 leggings for 4 years and I wish I could purchase more ... rip my £40 tala leggings after 2 wears tho

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Why is taking the piss out of other peoples accents the go to humour for posh girls? Its very cringe
im glad to see u guys say something about this bc idk sometimes i feel like im being too sensitive - but seeing people using working class accents lowkey makes me feel insecure about mine :/ i wonder if grez and co even realises how bad half the stuff they do is

• Heart
Reactions: 36
im glad to see u guys say something about this bc idk sometimes i feel like im being too sensitive - but seeing people using working class accents lowkey makes me feel insecure about mine :/ i wonder if grez and co even realises how bad half the stuff they do is
Agreed! One of my aunties recommended elocution lessons when I was younger or using my drama classes to help get rid of my Liverpool accent as it could have put me at a disadvantage for universities and job interviews. I didn’t do any of this,
But there is definitely a stigma on northern working class accents vs southern middle class accents

• Wow
Reactions: 26
You’re not being sensitive.

I believe there is substantial evidence that you can face discrimination based on your accent and it’s so so so good that people are calling it out - hopefully things will change. I feel you as I felt I had to be more “well spoken” (Essex born here) to be taken seriously.

Edit:
The irony is that people I work with now are faking “working class accents”

• Heart
Reactions: 33
it has no specific meaning so they can define it themselves? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: what a joke
this is so funny because if you check her blog she has got, oh,.... just 30 whole blog posts dedicated to “sustainability”.
Tell us again how you don't know how to define it?

I wanted to bring that tweet to attention because I feel like she is constantly subtly criticising TALA in a lot of her tweets and posts and I’d be genuinely surprised if it was by accident and she actually rated Tala 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 14
To pitch in on the Northern accents thing: this is what made me unfollow Grace in the first place because it would grate on me so much. It reminds me of the first job I got after graduating. I'd moved from Manchester down to London for this job, and there was a senior manager there who whenever I spoke to her would often repeat words or sentences I'd said back to her and start laughing at me. And I wouldn't say I have a very strong Manc accent at all, but to her anything that wasn't posh London was amusing 🥴🙄

This manager was the same kind of rich as Grease tho judging by the rumours that went around about her at work. But it was so embarrassing and because I was a little 21 year old graduate and she was a scary senior, so I never said anything about it and just let her laugh at me

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
To pitch in on the Northern accents thing: this is what made me unfollow Grace in the first place because it would grate on me so much. It reminds me of the first job I got after graduating. I'd moved from Manchester down to London for this job, and there was a senior manager there who whenever I spoke to her would often repeat words or sentences I'd said back to her and start laughing at me. And I wouldn't say I have a very strong Manc accent at all, but to her anything that wasn't posh London was amusing 🥴🙄

This manager was the same kind of rich as Grease tho judging by the rumours that went around about her at work. But it was so embarrassing and because I was a little 21 year old graduate and she was a scary senior, so I never said anything about it and just let her laugh at me
How rude oh him!!! 😡😡😡

Hope it doesn’t affect you now and you embrace it ❤

The ultimate place to get an accent beaten out of you is a grammar school, both my bf and I have completely different accents to our parents because of it

Reactions: 11
This has probably been discussed before, but I’m just watching on Amy rookes YouTube video a review of the shreddy app and she said one of the workouts it’s called “flab to fab”, lol didn’t know we are in 2007. Ps I love Amy she’s so down to earth, normal and is also honest about genetics playing a massive part of people’s figures
I think she’s requested not to be mentioned on here in the past especially in relation to Shreddy x

And the reply to this was even worse “technically sustainability doesn’t have any recognised meaning” 😬😬😬
Lol does that mean my whole geography degree was wrong??!! "Sustainability means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs" from the Bruntand report done by the UN uad been drilled into me since gcse level!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
1612044976953.png
Lol maybe I'm reading into this but Grace has never lived in that house in non-covid times. Why get MonMon to move in when you can just break the rules as per hehe xx

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.