Gossip Girl

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cancelled my Netflix earlier this year to save money as I'm not working. I mostly spent lockdown #1 trying to do productive things like free online courses, yoga & running. But I swear to god if there's a lockdown #2 I'm going to have a GG binge, eat chocolate and cry into my duvet.
You can find the episodes on dailymotion for free if you don't want to pay for netflix. It's not HD and you might be tired watching it in low resolution but it's better than nothing

Reactions: 1
I cancelled my Netflix earlier this year to save money as I'm not working. I mostly spent lockdown #1 trying to do productive things like free online courses, yoga & running. But I swear to god if there's a lockdown #2 I'm going to have a GG binge, eat chocolate and cry into my duvet.
Love the gif! And that sounds like a plan!! 'Club Bed' as Dorota calls it, with Lady Godiva chocolates of course... and "Cover my mirrors... I'm in mourning for my former life!"

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's my duvet day watching when I'm hungover by myself. My husband hates it so I watch it covertly.

• Heart
Must admit I rewatched the whole thing in lockdown for the 4th time and not once have I got bored of rewatching 🤣

the new reboot has a lot to live up to

I think the reason I love serena so much is probably because I’m a massive Blake Lively fan in general, she’s just one of those Hollywood stars that cant do wrong, she’s a breath of fresh air really

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Must admit I rewatched the whole thing in lockdown for the 4th time and not once have I got bored of rewatching 🤣

the new reboot has a lot to live up to

I think the reason I love serena so much is probably because I’m a massive Blake Lively fan in general, she’s just one of those Hollywood stars that cant do wrong, she’s a breath of fresh air really
Agreed I love everything she’s done!

Anyone else always annoyed w Serena “gotta go” VDW
Cannot stand her
YES!!! "I have to go"... "I'm gonna have to call you back" 🥴

She gets more annoying as time goes on, she is so obtuse and her weakness around men is ridiculous, she falls in love with absolutely everyone 😅 I'm at the part with Tripp, she apparently hasn't felt this way since she was 13, yet only a few episodes ago she was head over heels for Carter? And what about Aaron who she constantly dropped Blair for? And Dan, her "forever" true love? etc etc 😂 and of course, then Nate, "I've always loved you" 😭 and how she tries to push Rufus out in favour of her father who has never showed any interest in her...

However, I do love Blake Lively!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Unpopular opinion but I gave up watching in season 3. Started to binge watch an episode or two a day and enjoyed it for a while then it all got a bit repetitive especially Serena and how she'd be crazy for someone and two episodes later it's changed to be someone else. The twists became predictable too

Loved seeing NYC back in life though. Skipped to watch the last episode and did enjoy the cheesy soap opera falling off a building but I've no desire to find out why Bart was alive or who the Baldwin brother is that serena's mum's now dating 😆.

The whole gossip girl angle was pretty poorly executed, just came off as an attempt to say it's different without really putting much thought into it. Gossip girl would be one of the main characters so it being the outsider writer seemed obvious.

And they ended it with the same song as sex and the city, although the Florence cover.

Reactions: 2
I liked the first few seasons but had to skip the rest. Finding out it was Dan, of all people, who was Gossip Girl is something I will go to my garage not being able to understand. Game of Thrones fans go on about disappointment, but everyone forgets about it being Dan!!!
The new reboot I don’t understand. The original series didn’t finish that long ago, it was iconic, no one can top Leighton Meester as Blair plus do people who are struggling with the pandemic, loss of jobs, etc want to see a TV show about a bunch of spoilt brats? I don’t know about the last one, just saw that question being raised on social media yesterday and it got me thinking.
They said they are doing a reboot to bring diversity. From what I’ve seen I think they have cast a black actress as Blair. But wouldn’t it have been better to create a whole new series?

Unpopular opinion but I gave up watching in season 3. Started to binge watch an episode or two a day and enjoyed it for a while then it all got a bit repetitive especially Serena and how she'd be crazy for someone and two episodes later it's changed to be someone else. The twists became predictable too

Loved seeing NYC back in life though. Skipped to watch the last episode and did enjoy the cheesy soap opera falling off a building but I've no desire to find out why Bart was alive or who the Baldwin brother is that serena's mum's now dating 😆.

The whole gossip girl angle was pretty poorly executed, just came off as an attempt to say it's different without really putting much thought into it. Gossip girl would be one of the main characters so it being the outsider writer seemed obvious.

And they ended it with the same song as sex and the city, although the Florence cover.
It really went downhill after Season 3, the first two seasons were my favourite, when they were in Constance/St Judes!

Oh I need to fill you in... the Baldwin is Serena's father, who wanted nothing to do with his children for their whole lives, yet Serena immediately tried to push Rufus out of the family to make way for him when decided to reappear. He's a doctor, who pretended that Lily had cancer just to get close to her again. It also emerged that he had a child with Lily's sister during his marriage to Lily! I'm still seething that the writers paired him and Lily together at the end, literally how could Lily forgive and forget all that? 😂 ... Lily and Rufus 4eva.

I liked the first few seasons but had to skip the rest. Finding out it was Dan, of all people, who was Gossip Girl is something I will go to my garage not being able to understand. Game of Thrones fans go on about disappointment, but everyone forgets about it being Dan!!!
The new reboot I don’t understand. The original series didn’t finish that long ago, it was iconic, no one can top Leighton Meester as Blair plus do people who are struggling with the pandemic, loss of jobs, etc want to see a TV show about a bunch of spoilt brats? I don’t know about the last one, just saw that question being raised on social media yesterday and it got me thinking.
They said they are doing a reboot to bring diversity. From what I’ve seen I think they have cast a black actress as Blair. But wouldn’t it have been better to create a whole new series?
Totally agree, nobody could ever compare to Leighton ♥ and no reboot will ever compare to the original. I think the reboot is going to be trash! They'll be trying to tick every box for the woke crowd. And I hate seeing their smug faces in the recent photos from filming, they'll be thinking they're all that, latching on to the GG name 🤢😂

I loved GG! I was always hoping Blair and Chuck would end up together. Might rewatch it again.. I bought the One Tree Hill boxset off ebay during the first lockdown and rewatched all of it, it was great :D

I reached GG last year and I forgot how much I loved it. Not so much the ending but I'm dying to watch it again 😂

NGL, I'm excited for the new ones to start. It's not going to be same with different characters but I'm willing to give it a chance and hope it doesn't flop 😂

I used to Love S and hated Blair when it first aired but after rewatching I definitely have the opposite feelings.

I loved GG! I was always hoping Blair and Chuck would end up together. Might rewatch it again.. I bought the One Tree Hill boxset off ebay during the first lockdown and rewatched all of it, it was great :D
Ohh, I now need to rewatch OTH!

• Heart
Now HBO MAX owns the rights to GOSSIP GIRL. You can find all episodes on their streaming services.
The cast of the new gossip girl is gross btw.

• Heart
I started to rewatch over xmas and was devastated when i logged on to netflix to find it gone!!