Gossip Girl

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any other fans of Gossip Girl here?!

I’m rewatching it in the evenings, I find it the perfect escape. I particularly love the early seasons so I’m really enjoying watching them again. I didn’t watch it when it aired, and I’m kind of glad I didn’t as I’m not sure I could have coped with the wait between shows and seasons!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Obsessed! I’ve lost track of the amount of times I’ve re-watched. Currently back on the beginning of S4

• Haha
Reactions: 8

I’m rewatching it in the evenings, I find it the perfect escape. I particularly love the early seasons so I’m really enjoying watching them again. I didn’t watch it when it aired, and I’m kind of glad I didn’t as I’m not sure I could have coped with the wait between shows and seasons!
I watch it on netflix when i have free time. I like the earlier seasons too,i think the botched season 6 and based in around a girl nobody cared about. plus she was super annoying. Although I believe that the blair/chuck relationship is toxic i am obsessed.

Reactions: 6
They are due to start filming a reboot in October but I'm not convinced.. Hard to beat the original.

Reactions: 2
I loved this when it was originally released. I'm debating whether to watch it all again!

Reactions: 3
I loved this when it was originally released. I'm debating whether to watch it all again!
No debate necessary! Love to unwind with a bit of GG. Leighton Meester is just fabulous, plus the outfits, the soundtrack and all the eye candy! Chuck Bass & his wardrobe...

Enjoy as the plotlines become increasingly bonkers!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think I might have watched it all the way through about 5 times now. It's such an easy watch. Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls and Desperate Housewives are my go to when I can't be arsed getting into something new.

Reactions: 7
im rewatching it (again) and on the middle of season 3. It never gets old and I just love the soundtrack, the fashion and the imagery :)

I think I might have watched it all the way through about 5 times now. It's such an easy watch. Gossip Girl, Gilmore Girls and Desperate Housewives are my go to when I can't be arsed getting into something new.
Oooh I'd love to rewatch desprate housewives.

I watch it on netflix when i have free time. I like the earlier seasons too,i think the botched season 6 and based in around a girl nobody cared about. plus she was super annoying. Although I believe that the blair/chuck relationship is toxic i am obsessed.
I think the same, season 6 was very poor, ridiculous even, it was like the writers stopped caring?! I think Leighton Meester was planning to leave at the end of the year, so maybe they wanted to wrap things up quickly? I agree, Serena was so annoying, don't really know why they pushed for that ending... I loved S&D in season one but just seems so unlikely after everything (and everyone!) else. And the GG reveal... 🤔

They are due to start filming a reboot in October but I'm not convinced.. Hard to beat the original.
I'm not convinced either. And from what I've read, it's going to be very woke too, in which case it's a no from me... 👎

DO IT! 😄

No debate necessary! Love to unwind with a bit of GG. Leighton Meester is just fabulous, plus the outfits, the soundtrack and all the eye candy! Chuck Bass & his wardrobe...

Enjoy as the plotlines become increasingly bonkers!
I think Leighton may actually be the most beautiful woman in the world?! Love her. Definitely the stand-out actress of the show, she absolutely nailed it - all those perfectly executed lines, the eye-rolls and withering looks 😅 and the fashion was incredible, I've even hunted down a few pieces that Blair wore. And I think all men should dress like Chuck Bass...

I loved Desperate Housewives, I need to rewatch it, as I've actually forgotten everything that happened so it'll be like watching for the first time again 😄 I've only seen a few Gilmore Girls, I like what I've seen so far, I just keep gravitating back to GG.

im rewatching it (again) and on the middle of season 3. It never gets old and I just love the soundtrack, the fashion and the imagery :)
Totally agree! It's just fabulous 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I just finished (another!) rewatch. The plot is totally ludicrous and it went very so off course after they left high school but I just love the clothes and seeing all the fab locations in New York.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I probably watched it 4-5 times and loved it. Especially the clothes and the music. However I finally noticed how horrible most of the character are and some of the storylines just wouldn’t fly in todays world 😅

Reactions: 4
I probably watched it 4-5 times and loved it. Especially the clothes and the music. However I finally noticed how horrible most of the character are and some of the storylines just wouldn’t fly in todays world 😅
Yes certain things seem a bit odd now. Like Eric is gay and we literally never see him even really kiss a boy on screen - compared to what we see the rest of them get up to!

• Haha

Yay! I'm watching from the very beginning...been watching for a few weeks now. It is escapism and every bit as good as when it first aired.

I love GG. I feel like im the only person who preferred Serena over Blair though 😂
I'm definitely a Serena fan....i just love watching her, wanna be her!!! 😆

Reactions: 3
The producer of the new gossip girl claimed on twitter that the new show would include a lot of technology and the characters will be very,very queer. Classic Hollywood I must say,need to cater to the LGBTQ+ community.
At this point they just use the name gossip girl just to bring back the old fans and watch the show.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I cancelled my Netflix earlier this year to save money as I'm not working. I mostly spent lockdown #1 trying to do productive things like free online courses, yoga & running. But I swear to god if there's a lockdown #2 I'm going to have a GG binge, eat chocolate and cry into my duvet.

Reactions: 4