Gogglebox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahaha!!!! Micha would kill you!!!!!!

I adore them. I think they are my favourites on there, and the 3 T brothers from Bristol who do not get enough air time! I love them!!!! Get rid of Giles & Mary and put more of them on!!
I completely agree with you here except about Giles & Mary! 😂 I love them! Wish they’d get rid of Ellie & Izzy!

Reactions: 5
I was howling last night when Lee played that prank on Jenny 😂
I hate Lee and Jenny. It couldn’t be more obvious that every little thing they do and say has been pre-planned and probably rehearsed. It’s quite embarrassing. They’ve been on it too long, they need to get rid of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I hate Lee and Jenny. It couldn’t be more obvious that every little thing they do and say has been pre-planned and probably rehearsed. It’s quite embarrassing. They’ve been on it too long, they need to get rid of them.
I agree. I'm sick of seeing the same people every week. We need new people...but keep the 3 T's 🙂

Reactions: 7
Lee and Jenny still make me laugh, I loved her whipping out her little notepad whenever Line of Duty is on.

Reactions: 25
I don’t like Mica - she gives me the impression she has a really mean streak. Marcus seems like a nice guy and I can’t quite remember but I think their kids seemed nice. Just Mica that seems nasty to me.
might be time to do some work on unpacking your unconscious bias 🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: 17
I don’t like Mica - she gives me the impression she has a really mean streak. Marcus seems like a nice guy and I can’t quite remember but I think their kids seemed nice. Just Mica that seems nasty to me.
What?!!! Where on earth do you pick that up from?! She’s hilarious, always bantering Marcus and I actually think she’s endearing and seems like a right laugh.

Reactions: 19
might be time to do some work on unpacking your unconscious bias 🤷🏾‍♀️
We don’t know any of the gogglebox folk, but we frequently voice our opinions on here on who we like or not. It’s all based on a heavily edited TV show so not very reliable, and based on that only - I don’t like most of them.
I feel it’s unfair to put any of that down to “unconscious bias”.

Reactions: 6
I thought the same thing about the Mum from the Tapper family who used to be on it.

Reactions: 3
Gogglebox now seem to present various scenarios and roles for their characters (and most of them are turned into characters).
I don’t recall Jenny being so daft when she was first on the show - same with Julie Malone, she now acts like a fool (and I think she is acting).
The two geordie girls are probably not fantastically bright, but I don’t believe that they are that daft.

Giles and Mary, I get the impression that she tells him off and whatever - but it is now ridiculously exaggerated.

Mica and Marcus appear to be the latest to be heavily directed. Marcus is acting like he is “in trouble” with Mica a lot of the time / with her glaring at him etc.
It’s a shame gogglebox don’t just let people be themselves instead of having to create these characters and scenarios.

Reactions: 13
We don’t know any of the gogglebox folk, but we frequently voice our opinions on here on who we like or not. It’s all based on a heavily edited TV show so not very reliable, and based on that only - I don’t like most of them.
I feel it’s unfair to put any of that down to “unconscious bias”.
i feel it’s unfair when people brand Black women “nasty” and as having “a mean streak” and feeding into the racist “angry Black woman” narrative but hey ho 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 8
i feel it’s unfair when people brand Black women “nasty” and as having “a mean streak” and feeding into the racist “angry Black woman” narrative but hey ho 🤷🏾‍♀️
I think it’s gogglebox creating characters again (usually unpleasant ones), by directing the participants and creating fake scenarios.

They are currently presenting MIca as someone who is constantly watchful of their partner - waiting for them to put a foot wrong.
I don’t believe for a moment that she is like that in real life, I think Googlebox are creating a character. If they carry on directing her like this, viewers (who believe it is real) probably will go off her.

I don’t believe Julie Malone is thick, and I don’t believe that Leon (who has now passed away) was a perv.
They are good at presenting most of their participants in a negative light.
I dip in and out of it now, but will probably give up on it all together.

Reactions: 1
I think it’s gogglebox creating characters again (usually unpleasant ones), by directing the participants and creating fake scenarios.

They are currently presenting MIca as someone who is constantly watchful of their partner - waiting for them to put a foot wrong.
I don’t believe for a moment that she is like that in real life, I think Googlebox are creating a character. If they carry on directing her like this, viewers (who believe it is real) probably will go off her.

I don’t believe Julie Malone is thick, and I don’t believe that Leon (who has now passed away) was a perv.
They are good at presenting most of their participants in a negative light.
I dip in and out of it now, but will probably give up on it all together.
Yeah you may be right. I’ve never been that bothered by her just the past few episodes I’ve gone off her. I preferred the pair of them when their kids were involved too, I don’t think they work so well as a couple.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.