Gogglebox #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What I don't get is why the duck this bloke allowed his bollocks being ripped off to be broadcast on national telly? Because the patients must have to give their permission. Just why would you want this on national TV?
It allowed my husband to make a very old joke about him going to hospital for a strapadicktome 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to really love this show, but what a pile of :poop: it was tonight, time for Giles and Mary to leave.and Ellie and Izzie to!

Reactions: 8
The mother of the new people is so try hard and full of bullshit that I’m tuning out of their bits. Giles and Mary are increasingly insufferable too.

Reactions: 8
I used to really love this show, but what a pile of :poop: it was tonight, time for Giles and Mary to leave.and Ellie and Izzie to!
It's so up and down. I thought last week was really good but tonight was a bit meh.
The new mother is ghastly.
And Mary was getting on my nerves with her affected prudishness. Pretending to be offended over the Bake Off beaver bit.

That Love and Death looks good though. Haven't seen it and no idea it was based on a true story.

Reactions: 5
The mother of the new people is so try hard and full of bullshit that I’m tuning out of their bits. Giles and Mary are increasingly insufferable too.
I agree about the new Mother and Son.

Am I the only one to like Giles and Mary???

Reactions: 6
I like them too but I could not live with Giles he would drive me bonkers
Oh couldn't live with either of them 🤣 but find them very astute at times in their comments and for all their eccentricity, they are clued in on modern stuff that you would be forgiven for thinking they wouldn't know about. That always amuses me.

Or sometimes, they say something really common sense like one night (this was from a much older series) there was a clip about dogs flying planes 🤣. The other goggleboxers were oohing and aaahing 🙄 and Giles and Mary were the only ones who said oh FGS, the dog is not flying the plane 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh couldn't live with either of them 🤣 but find them very astute at times in their comments and for all their eccentricity, they are clued in on modern stuff that you would be forgiven for thinking they wouldn't know about. That always amuses me.

Or sometimes, they say something really common sense like one night (this was from a much older series) there was a clip about dogs flying planes 🤣. The other goggleboxers were oohing and aaahing 🙄 and Giles and Mary were the only ones who said oh FGS, the dog is not flying the plane 🤣
this is how i feel about them 🤣

i also like the moments where mary allows herself to look a bit charmed by him, or when she’s a bit silly but refuses to continue as soon as giles notices. i get why people find them annoying but i’ve always found them quite endearing. but i also like weird/eccentric people.

also remember mary saying “i HATE GARAGES” with more venom than i’ve ever heard from her, and then no further elaboration.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ellie and Izzy talking shite about their relatives and sharing food ... what a load of contrived nonsense that was. Not funny or entertaining. Just annoying.

Reactions: 14
Ellie and Izzy talking shite about their relatives and sharing food ... what a load of contrived nonsense that was. Not funny or entertaining. Just annoying.
it was like their silly conversation two weeks back about “auntie margaret” and the donkeys - we don’t care!!

i’ve never been a huge fan of them tbh. give their screentime to amira and amani, who are much more natural.

Reactions: 10
I used to like Giles and Mary, but lately feels like they're 'over acting' if that makes sense?
I would like to see more of Dave and Shirley, they make me laugh!!

Reactions: 5
Dave and Shirley are brilliant and I don’t know the couples name that always hold hands ❤
Ronnie and Annie. I love them too. And Amira and Amani.

Isn’t the husband from Love and Death in the last series of Breaking Bad?
I'm not sure. In real life he is married to Kirsten Dunst which always seems a bit of an odd pairing.
I looked up the true story behind Love and Death.
I'll spoiler this bit in case anyone is watching.
Candy hit Betty 41 times with the axe. Unbelievably she was aquitted at the trial and walked free. Self defence. But there was only her word for it she was attacked first I presume.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.