Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Do you think she called the paps on herself? Why an earth would they be there otherwise? She’s barely a Z list celeb
I would hope she didn't. But the story has attracted press attention. Wouldn't surprise me if The Sun were trying to be dicks and finding information they aren't entitled to.

Reactions: 12
One of the most glaring things this week was The Apprentice. If they watched the whole episode rather than a highlights package they wouldn't have been so shocked by the label being called out as reading 'dies' in the Ocado meeting because Karen immediately flagged it when they still creating the label, a good ten minutes earlier.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I’ve found this new series really boring. They’re showing a lot of certain programmes aren’t they? (The Hunted is an example). I do wonder if the Gogglebox show are payed for promoting these programmes.
Some of them are the same production company as Gogglebox. I think Naked Attraction may be the same. I am sick of seeing that.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I'm not sure how long the new Scottish pair will last.

It sounds like a cliche but they were difficult to understand if you're not tuned into the accent. Have a family from Scotland but not with such strong accents. It's a same with Geordies or Scousers. Of all the people in Scotland they picked those two.

TripleC's

Chatty Member
It was just nice to watch a gogglebox without hearing Sophies fake flirty annoying giggle at everything Pete says

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I’ll be honest if I was asked to join Gogglebox aftercare wouldn’t even enter my thoughts. I’m sitting on my sofa watching television I’m not going to war.
To be honest I think Paige was talking a load of bollocks. I saw one of her beefs was Pete and Sophie being chosen to attend the NTA's and not her.
She sounded like she thinks she's more popular than she is talking about going to shops in the evening to avoid people etc. I'm sure she was coming out with anti tax stuff which maybe why she was saying she wasn't allowed opinions. I know pete said he was having the vaccine but he wasn't anti tax.

She'll be back in obscurity where she belongs. Get over yourself love.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I would happily go through life never ever having to hear Lorraine Kelly say 'winky' ever again.

• Haha

Merpedy

VIP Member
I think the problem with Gogglebox now, is that it's been focusing more on politics. As soon as you start doing that, people will zone out. They should just keep to the TV shows as entertainment, not sure many people want to see politics on the show.
I don't watch it religiously but will sometimes catch an episode
The other part of the issue, imo, is that streaming services have been included and it lowkey seems a bit like an advert for their specific series. Anyway, if I don't pay for the service I have no interest in seeing someone's reaction. Part of the fun with Gogglebox was that you usually had access to all the shows they reacted to (unless they were on Sky etc)

Also, a lot of it just feels scripted these days

Snowfairy08

Chatty Member
I feel like it's had its day now. It seemed scripted especially Jenny and Lee. The newcomers are not memorable.
Me too, like a lot of these 'reality' shows eg. Love Island, Towie etc, they seem to push for more and more series because of how successful they were in the beginning. But so much changes during the first few series that the producers have more and more input.

For example, in the early years of Love Island, everyone was 'themselves' but as the years have gone on, it's become all about what brand deals they can get and they stop being themselves and become someone they think they should be. Therefore all these shows become boring because everyone is a clone of each other and are scared to do or say anything wrong in case it scuppers their chances of becoming a successful influencer.