GoFundMe Scammers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to butt in but what's the story with the Aria fundraising? Why is everyone saying its a scam?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My daughters father (my ex partner) committed suicide at Xmas a few years ago now.

within 12 hours of his death his parents had put up a GFM page for his funeral, putting my daughter (they’d had little to no contact with her for a good few years) as the cover photo with her dad without my permission, stolen off his fb page. Remember people children especially ones who have suddenly lost a parent or those who are terminal pull on heart strings!!!!

they managed to raise enough for the funeral and then some.

apparently whatever was left over which was quite a few thousand, was to be given to mental health charities. I heard from another family member who I don’t doubt for one second, that his parents who have been separated for many years, split the remaining money between them and didn’t donate to charity.

I cannot abide GFM at all

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Sorry to butt in but what's the story with the Aria fundraising? Why is everyone saying its a scam?
The sheer amount of different fundraising platforms and streams that they had going is enough to make red flags smack you in the face . They had more than enough money to cover medications that these streams were supposedly made for . Just like the other two , these fundraisers would reach the goal that was set then be changed to higher amounts or left open for weeks after the amount reached .

Reactions: 11
basically ash and saff have set a precedent/blue print on how to scam people out of money when you have a sick terminal child.
Arias mum up till yesterday I think had kept the GFM open and there are so many other fundraising pages up for her

Reactions: 12
They’re not famous but two girls near where I live are unemployed, four kids between them and their brother committed suicide. They set up a go fund me for his funeral and he was well liked by some local drug dealers so the amount soon went up. They did the most basic funeral, threw a wake with no buffet and now both have had their teeth done 🙃 scum!!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
They’re not famous but two girls near where I live are unemployed, four kids between them and their brother committed suicide. They set up a go fund me for his funeral and he was well liked by some local drug dealers so the amount soon went up. They did the most basic funeral, threw a wake with no buffet and now both have had their teeth done 🙃 scum!!
I know of someone who set up one for her wedding!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
E
Name deleted . Why . Everyone knew arias name
Bacuse it wasn’t prescribed to Aria, it was another child’s medication/
I know you knew the answer to your question btw 🤣🤣)
Also how risky! I don’t think I would have dared, were the medical team aware that she was taking it when it hadn’t been prescribed legitimately for Aria

Multiple fundraisers for supposed ongoing private medical, when in reality the drugs were given to them by parents of a child who sadly didn’t make it.

Eh?!?!? I’ve just read all that back,, have I got it correct?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
E

Bacuse it wasn’t prescribed to Aria, it was another child’s medication/
I know you knew the answer to your question btw 🤣🤣)
Also how risky! I don’t think I would have dared, were the medical team aware that she was taking it when it hadn’t been prescribed legitimately for Aria

Multiple fundraisers for supposed ongoing private medical, when in reality the drugs were given to them by parents of a child who sadly didn’t make it.

Eh?!?!? I’ve just read all that back,, have I got it correct?
Lol well maybe I didn’t know the answer coz this tit is rank . 😂😂
But yes you have everything in order and correct. Unfortunately it’s not hard to follow as we have seen it before.
I would never be using other medications on my child , same meds or not . It’s not something that you do .
basics like nurofen etc are finehowever this is meds for a frigging brain tumour and it’s a trial drug !!

Surely no doctor would give a green light for you to give your child another persons trial drug for a brain tumour?

Reactions: 9
they are but they are very basic
So I completely understand parents wanting the best send off for their child
Huge get together celebration party for the parents complete with unlimited drink and expensive makeovers for all.
Your child won’t know if you did have your nails done and a new pair of shoes.

Best send off means a slightly prettier coffin or some flowers …down the line a headstone not halloween tat.
Got to keep the parents appearing influencer ready.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
During one of their IG Q&A I asked how much is the medication for Aria and I think she said "it depends." She didn't give me a figure and in the end it was not saved in her IG story highlights. I thought that was odd. She never said how much is the medicine/trial drug, but if you ask for people's money, you have to be transparent. Then after she passed, I saw this on FB saying that it was 4k.

Attachments

Reactions: 5
During one of their IG Q&A I asked how much is the medication for Aria and I think she said "it depends." She didn't give me a figure and in the end it was not saved in her IG story highlights. I thought that was odd. She never said how much is the medicine/trial drug, but if you ask for people's money, you have to be transparent. Then after she passed, I saw this on FB saying that it was 4k.
That’s actually one of the families that donated all their medications to Aria after their child has passed so Atleast a month or more supply . Pretty sure with conversion it is roughly £3000 per month . The duration of her being on them is something I questioned on the Instagram . She had a post saying aria had been on it for months , then a few weeks later a post saying she is starting the trial soon . That post was removed !! I think she was only on them whilst they received them for free tbh . Or max a couple months out their own pocket

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Has Renai mum or dad said where money is going ? I know when she passed the both went on holidays (seperate) her on girl’s weekend and i think someone commented on her having a blast so she went quiet for bit. Saf and Cashley really set the bar low for all these families.

Reactions: 1
A GoFundMe was set up for life of Monique for cancer treatment that she never received because she was too ill. She died about a month ago and the gfm is still open with over 80,000 raised... The last donations were yesterday. An absolute disgrace.

Someone I knows child passed recently and one of the step parents took it upon themselves to set up a gfm the day after without the mom's permission!!! The gfm was posted all over FB and some family members found out about the death through that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Has Renai mum or dad said where money is going ? I know when she passed the both went on holidays (seperate) her on girl’s weekend and i think someone commented on her having a blast so she went quiet for bit. Saf and Cashley really set the bar low for all these families.
Renais dad was the beneficiary. The mums time away was paid for / organized by her friends . She did a story thanking them for all they did , paying , organising and the detail they went to . Not sure exactly where the money is .

Has there ever been a positive ending in these situations when the parents handed all the remaining cash over to a charity for example?

Reactions: 8
Has there ever been a positive ending in these situations when the parents handed all the remaining cash over to a charity for example?
I haven’t heard of any . Pretty sure they run with the motto “ charity begins at home “

Reactions: 6
Renais dad was the beneficiary. The mums time away was paid for / organized by her friends . She did a story thanking them for all they did , paying , organising and the detail they went to . Not sure exactly where the money is .
That’s fair enough if her friends took her away but where’s the mention of the gfm money none of them apart from Sophie’s legacy are giving back

Reactions: 4