Glastonbury 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope Madonna isn’t a headliner. Would like to see Sam Fender again but he was on the pyramid stage last year too so might not happen?

Reactions: 1
I’d love to see Miley…not even ashamed…her pre Super Bowl set is flipping amazing!! It’s on Deezer ‘Attention Live’ or something. I flipping love it!!! I have pre reg for TS for Dublin but doubt we’ll get tickets. Would rather see Miley though tbh. We are also going to take a punt on Glastonbury 24 for our 10yr anniversary but not hopeful for that either atm.

Reactions: 2
I think it’s rumoured the 1975 were up for headlining next year. I don’t think they’d do the Sunday night, I love that that’s still ‘legends’ night!

I think it’s rumoured the 1975 were up for headlining next year. I don’t think they’d do the Sunday night, I love that that’s still ‘legends’ night!
Not really, Kendrick Lamar headlined Sunday last year, it’s just the one legends slot

Can't see them having enough to headline, more of a mid evening slot band really

not sure - they are similar in terms of longevity and number of albums as artic monkeys, and they did.
I was at Glasto the first time AM headlined, they really didn’t have a big enough back catalogue, considering what you have to pay these days you certainly want big headliners, there’s no way 1975 fall into that category

I was at Glasto the first time AM headlined, they really didn’t have a big enough back catalogue, considering what you have to pay these days you certainly want big headliners, there’s no way 1975 fall into that category
The NME is suggesting
The 1975
Beyoncé
Dua Lipa
Harry Styles
Oasis
Madonna
Rihanna
Sam Fender
Spice Girls
Taylor Swift

I can see one of them being Taylor Swift, for sure. I don’t think dua lipa or Sam fender are anywhere near big enough. Harry Styles and Oasis, I don’t know about. I think Rihanna would be great but somehow unlikely.

The NME is suggesting
The 1975
Beyoncé
Dua Lipa
Harry Styles
Oasis
Madonna
Rihanna
Sam Fender
Spice Girls
Taylor Swift

I can see one of them being Taylor Swift, for sure. I don’t think dua lipa or Sam fender are anywhere near big enough. Harry Styles and Oasis, I don’t know about. I think Rihanna would be great but somehow unlikely.
rihanna is completely over performing at this point so i really doubt it. and if oasis reform it will be an actual miracle 🤣

agree with you on sam fender and dua lipa. dua is a very weak live performer too so i just can’t see it. the others all seem very possible though!

rihanna is completely over performing at this point so i really doubt it. and if oasis reform it will be an actual miracle 🤣

agree with you on sam fender and dua lipa. dua is a very weak live performer too so i just can’t see it. the others all seem very possible though!
that’s why I thought Rihanna would be unlikely - she’ll have another young baby by then!
oasis…see, I think it’s unlikely, but then I think if they were ever to reform, it’d probably be for something like Glastonbury!

I’d love to see Miley…not even ashamed…her pre Super Bowl set is flipping amazing!! It’s on Deezer ‘Attention Live’ or something. I flipping love it!!! I have pre reg for TS for Dublin but doubt we’ll get tickets. Would rather see Miley though tbh. We are also going to take a punt on Glastonbury 24 for our 10yr anniversary but not hopeful for that either atm.
Go on Reddit before to find out tips
The NME is suggesting
The 1975
Beyoncé
Dua Lipa
Harry Styles
Oasis
Madonna
Rihanna
Sam Fender
Spice Girls
Taylor Swift

Agree with all your points, as for Spice Girls, they never really performed live the first time round so with the exception of Mel C can’t see them being able to hold a performance

Foos are over here that weekend and Dave said see you all soon.

Usually (with the exception of this year of older white blokes) there’s a bit of wild card, think Billie Eilish, Kendrick, NME have played it very safe with their list

I would say Lizzo but she’s performed two years in a row now. Can see Fred Again moving up but maybe to the slot below.

I can also guess who will be performing (but not headlining) Eaves Wilder, ultimate nepo band, Caitlin Moran and Pete Paphides daughter who just managed to be moved up to Other Stage this year despite there being much more talented artists on site that day, one to watch according 6music (no mention of being Lauren Laverne’s goddaughter 🙄)

• Wow
I’m not a fan of Taylor Swift, or of Pink, to be honest.
The beauty of Glastonbury though - usually - is that there’s always other performers to watch.
Dave Grohl will have a stage named after him at this rate 😂

Wouldn’t be interested in Pink at all so would hope for someone else on the other stage. Hope we get tickets, I don’t know how we managed last time and the thought of trying again makes me feel sick with anxiety 😂

Oasis won’t happen - I really, really hope they never reform despite absolutely loving them but the crowd would be awful. Absolutely awful. 🙈

Reactions: 3
Go on Reddit before to find out tips
Agree with all your points, as for Spice Girls, they never really performed live the first time round so with the exception of Mel C can’t see them being able to hold a performance

Foos are over here that weekend and Dave said see you all soon.

Usually (with the exception of this year of older white blokes) there’s a bit of wild card, think Billie Eilish, Kendrick, NME have played it very safe with their list

I would say Lizzo but she’s performed two years in a row now. Can see Fred Again moving up but maybe to the slot below.

I can also guess who will be performing (but not headlining) Eaves Wilder, ultimate nepo band, Caitlin Moran and Pete Paphides daughter who just managed to be moved up to Other Stage this year despite there being much more talented artists on site that day, one to watch according 6music (no mention of being Lauren Laverne’s goddaughter 🙄)
I’d like to see the spice girls do it, but I just can’t see it happening. Are the performances ALWAYS live? It’s not something I’ve ever thought until you’ve said that, but if so then yes, I think we can absolutely rule them out!
I didn’t rate the foo fighters set, so wouldn’t be bothered about them headlining.

I was never especially a fan of Pink, but years ago (probably getting on for 20 years ago!) I was at a festival where she was performing and happened to see a few songs in passing. She was incredible! Definitely has ‘main stage’/‘headline act’ energy, and she’s got a well-known back catalogue, so certainly ticks a lot of boxes for a headliner.

Are the performances ALWAYS live?
Do you mean are the stage performances at Glasto performed live? Have I misunderstood as it seems a strange question. I don't want to see a live performance if somebody miming and would complain if that were happening. Live bands should always be live or there is little point in paying to see them.

Do you mean are the stage performances at Glasto performed live? Have I misunderstood as it seems a strange question. I don't want to see a live performance if somebody miming and would complain if that were happening. Live bands should always be live or there is little point in paying to see them.
I don’t disagree, hence the question! If they were SO keen on getting an act to headline, ie the spice girls, but they wouldn’t perform live, would they let them perform to a pre-recorded track? I thought Eminem did at a festival a while back, so I wondered if Glastonbury would allow it for certain acts, or if it was an out-and-out no.
---
I was never especially a fan of Pink, but years ago (probably getting on for 20 years ago!) I was at a festival where she was performing and happened to see a few songs in passing. She was incredible! Definitely has ‘main stage’/‘headline act’ energy, and she’s got a well-known back catalogue, so certainly ticks a lot of boxes for a headliner.
This is what I like about the Sunday evening acts. They always seem to be someone I’d never claim to be a fan of, but they are usually excellent. I know a few people who have said pink is brilliant live.

I don’t disagree, hence the question! If they were SO keen on getting an act to headline, ie the spice girls, but they wouldn’t perform live, would they let them perform to a pre-recorded track? I thought Eminem did at a festival a while back, so I wondered if Glastonbury would allow it for certain acts, or if it was an out-and-out no.
---
heaps of people have a backing track, but they still sing over it. lil nas x had one this year.
Candi Staton I think suffered from not having one.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.