Glastonbury 2023

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sitting here wondering if I can name more than three miley songs!
wrecking ball (which is 90% dirge and then a chorus)
Party in the USA
Flowers, the new one?
There’s bound to be some I’ve forgotten!

Reactions: 2
Any recommendations for ways to work at Glasto? Not keen to volunteer for Oxfam :sick:
One of my family members worked there for a agency, they helped build the sets starting the Sunday for 8 days. They were backstage for a lot of it helping put stuff on stage in-between breaks but the videos he sent was amazing and he got to meet a lot of the singers, might sign up to it myself 🤣

I’m sitting here wondering if I can name more than three miley songs!
wrecking ball (which is 90% dirge and then a chorus)
Party in the USA
Flowers, the new one?
There’s bound to be some I’ve forgotten!
I would laugh so much if she did it and done all the Hannah montana songs 😂

Coldplay have been mentioned as possible headliners I think which I could take or leave, not fussed.

Oh jesus christ not Coldplay 😂 not a fan but will be fair and say they are a good live band and absolutely makes sense for Glasto.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Not a fan but will concede they make sense and are good live.
I agree - they’re a good fit for Glastonbury, I think. Wouldn’t confess to liking them, but would sit and watch them if they were on 😂
I’m intrigued by who’ll be the legend next year? Billy Joel has been touring I think? Maybe him? Or Bruce Springsteen?
Would love it to be Kate Bush but I agree with others; I don’t think she’d ever do it.
I feel like we’re running out of legends who are still with us!
ETA: has Nick Cave ever done Glastonbury, apart from when he appeared with Kylie? I can’t for the life of me remember 😬

Reactions: 1
I agree - they’re a good fit for Glastonbury, I think. Wouldn’t confess to liking them, but would sit and watch them if they were on 😂
I’m intrigued by who’ll be the legend next year? Billy Joel has been touring I think? Maybe him? Or Bruce Springsteen?
Would love it to be Kate Bush but I agree with others; I don’t think she’d ever do it.
ETA: has Nick Cave ever done Glastonbury, apart from when he appeared with Kylie? I can’t for the life of me remember 😬
he is amazing live but tends to do his own thing and really quirky festivals. Maybe glasto would be too mainstream for him. The kinks would be amazing and I don't think they've ever had the full credit or their music in the way the Beatles etc have.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Given that Springsteen went half an hour over his headline set can’t see him agreeing to doing the legends slot for an hour on an afternoon and as much as I would love it to be Billy Joel his 10yr MSG residency ends the following month so he won’t want to take the shine of that.

The legends they book are never really headline material imo, just someone for a great sing a long on a Sunday afternoon as everyone is feeling jaded. I would absolutely love it to be Joni Mitchell, she’s touring too
---
he is amazing live but tends to do his own thing and really quirky festivals. Maybe glasto would be too mainstream for him. The kinks would be amazing and I don't think they've ever had the full credit or their music in the way the Beatles etc have.
Ray Davies did the legends slot 2010

Reactions: 1
Given that Springsteen went half an hour over his headline set can’t see him agreeing to doing the legends slot for an hour on an afternoon and as much as I would love it to be Billy Joel his 10yr MSG residency ends the following month so he won’t want to take the shine of that.

The legends they book are never really headline material imo, just someone for a great sing a long on a Sunday afternoon as everyone is feeling jaded. I would absolutely love it to be Joni Mitchell, she’s touring too
---

Ray Davies did the legends slot 2010
Fair points. Actually Macca was commenting the other day about how Springsteen had made his hard for the rest of the oldies by doing “4 hour”
performances 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.