Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw another Twitter thread this morning about how this guy’s life had changed since he’d been diagnosed with ADHD and given prescriptions. That’s brilliant for him. However in the thread he’d posted a link to a quiz/test for self-diagnosis of ADHD. Obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but tons of replies followed, people posting how their scores were super high and how this possible diagnosis might explain a lot.
I’m just interested - do more people have ADHD? Is it just more in the public eye now? Or potentially… have we all just gone through a pandemic, changed our life/work patterns drastically, and surrounded by more technology than ever giving us shorter attention spans?
Don’t want to offend anyone but I find it fascinating. The impacts of modern life don’t find their way into healthcare for YEARS. What happens in the meantime?

Reactions: 11
"surrounded by more technology than ever giving us shorter attention spans"

ADHD is much more complex than having a short attention span, there's a lot more nuance to it. One person's ADHD won't look the same as someone else's.

There's a solid argument from some that ADHD isn't necessarily more prevalent now than it was say 30 years ago; it's just that we are more socially aware. People with ADHD aren't (or shouldn't) just labelled as naughty/lazy/weird/ etc now, whereas that was the case before.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
"surrounded by more technology than ever giving us shorter attention spans"

ADHD is much more complex than having a short attention span, there's a lot more nuance to it. One person's ADHD won't look the same as someone else's.

There's a solid argument from some that ADHD isn't necessarily more prevalent now than it was say 30 years ago; it's just that we are more socially aware. People with ADHD aren't (or shouldn't) just labelled as naughty/lazy/weird/ etc now, whereas that was the case before.
Thanks, yeah the bit in bold I meant as an example of why it may be seen/experienced more, amongst those other factors I listed, and people may wrongly associate it with ADHD. Agreed it’s good that people are more aware and I find it really interesting to see!

Reactions: 1
I think from my experience of having a child diagnosed, ADHD has to have severe impact on your life and noticeable difference from your peers for a professional diagnosis. So if we're all struggling to concentrate that's not necessarily ADHD and the threshold for ADHD diagnosis might necessarily go upwards over time.

I saw another Twitter thread this morning about how this guy’s life had changed since he’d been diagnosed with ADHD and given prescriptions. That’s brilliant for him. However in the thread he’d posted a link to a quiz/test for self-diagnosis of ADHD. Obviously to be taken with a pinch of salt but tons of replies followed, people posting how their scores were super high and how this possible diagnosis might explain a lot.
I’m just interested - do more people have ADHD? Is it just more in the public eye now? Or potentially… have we all just gone through a pandemic, changed our life/work patterns drastically, and surrounded by more technology than ever giving us shorter attention spans?
Don’t want to offend anyone but I find it fascinating. The impacts of modern life don’t find their way into healthcare for YEARS. What happens in the meantime?
The thing is it’s a bit of both, but quite often people just look at it from one side meaning someone gets offended. People are much more aware of what ADHD is actually like now and how it can present, meaning more people who genuinely have it are coming forward and getting diagnosed. I have a couple of people close to me who have it and once you are aware you can really see it, not just in them but in others that do. The problem is, and I was reading an article just yesterday where therapists were saying exactly this, is that because certain things like tiktok and Instagram have videos where people boil ADHD (autism, ocd etc) down to a certain number of symptoms that can often also fall under other things, people who self diagnose CAN misdiagnose themselves. This can lead to people being on the wrong medication, or having low self esteem because they think they have something they do not. As well as how harmful it can be to those who genuinely suffer with a condition having people who do not have it ‘representing’ them. Eg. Rosie Londoner and her ‘autism’

Basically it’s both that people genuinely have it and were never getting diagnosed until now and also people incorrectly (and harmfully) think they have things when they don’t because SM is misleading AF. Not one or the other. And I don’t think it’s helpful to suggest it is. People are misdiagnosing, however there are still many who are not. The people suggesting no one really has it are silly, also the people getting offended at the notion of anyone thinking they have it when they don’t aren’t helping.

Link to the article I mentioned if anyones interested. https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-cu...en-self-diagnose-personality-disorder-tiktok/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
It always baffles me when people claim to be so ill, have migraines, high fevers and yet can manage to be arsed to post it on social media.

Reactions: 15
“literally can’t move” and yet her next story was her unboxing a freebie from Courvoisier 😞
And then she made homemade chicken noodle soup and later on, it looks like she collected a ‘PR’ pie from a local supplier that she took home and covered with egg wash before cooking. I can’t see that story now though…

Either she really isn’t that ill or her dedication to eating well is strong.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Never heard a more fake cough in my life than the one she just attempted on her stories. Also claims she's been in bed a week, a week long hangover from your bbq and grogg sesh, Giz?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Never heard a more fake cough in my life than the one she just attempted on her stories. Also claims she's been in bed a week, a week long hangover from your bbq and grogg sesh, Giz?!?
Also that voice, it’s the one you make when you call in sick to work. Even if you are sick you try to make it sound worse.

Reactions: 3
Still "beyond sick".... could manage a cottage pie though
Yeah and she made sure to go out last night and infect a bunch of people too while “beyond sick”. Honestly of all the people I hate follow and chat about on here, Gizzi is one of the lesser talked about ones but not is she the biggest, most self involved prick.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.