Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does her latest story with all the “thank yous” about the kitchen mean the whole thing was gifted? 😱🤢 she’s got to be one of the worst for undeclared ads, I don’t think she’s ever marked a freebie as such.

Lol. “Not bad for a Hackney warehouse” Gizzi as per your lost cat posts, you live in a gated mews!!! In Dalston!!! (No address of course but she shared those 2 bits of info when her cats we missing last week)

She’s desperate to seem poorer than she is. That place is clearly owned and clearly close to a million if not more.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Lol. “Not bad for a Hackney warehouse” Gizzi as per your lost cat posts, you live in a gated mews!!! In Dalston!!! (No address of course but she shared those 2 bits of info when her cats we missing last week)

She’s desperate to seem poorer than she is. That place is clearly owned and clearly close to a million if not more.
Her property is huge and she has lodgers living with her. And it is very much in Dalston!

Reactions: 6
'Had to cringe at her story about her "friend's" show - she called it Moody twice. It's actually called Mood.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Does her latest story with all the “thank yous” about the kitchen mean the whole thing was gifted? 😱🤢 she’s got to be one of the worst for undeclared ads, I don’t think she’s ever marked a freebie as such.

If you got it given to you, you didn’t work for it.
Can’t believe she got a free kitchen

Hands up everyone in this group that feels they’ve worked their arse off for at least the last 15 years! In an actual job you have to show up for each week not taking gifted holidays and meals out… anybody get gifted free kitchens? the gall of this absolute privileged twit.

Reactions: 11
That’s absolutely terrible! And why on earth would those brands be happy with one generalised post? Don’t they usually ask for a few different posts and demonstrating the products??? That’s madness

• Heart
‘Look at my kitchen not my arse’ except I’m going to lie on a kitchen counter with my arse in the air! 😂

• Haha
She really thinks she deserves all the freebies which is why she doesn’t declare anything (like the recently gifted/heavily discounted Mexico trip) - she doesn’t see why she should.

Hands up everyone in this group that feels they’ve worked their arse off for at least the last 15 years! In an actual job you have to show up for each week not taking gifted holidays and meals out… anybody get gifted free kitchens? the gall of this absolute privileged twit.
Hands up right here!

• Heart
The ASA should be informed if she’s not labelling ads properly. Afraid I’m far too bone idle to do it.

That is interesting. I think if she could wrap her head around the fact her looks aren't fading but changing she would be happier.
I read an interesting article where the author said so many women hanker back for this perfect idealised static image they had of themselves. Usually when you were in your early twenties. Often this is what they think they should always look like, it is the 'real' them and anything else is unacceptable, not really 'you' and an admission you have 'let yourself go' and you should try to get back to that body. It is a completely unobtainable and unsustainable ideal. And leads to much unhappiness. Every stage of your life and body is the real you. A fatter, older body and face is the new real you. Not less attractive. Just different. Quite liberating really.
do you have a link to this article? Sounds interesting!

do you have a link to this article? Sounds interesting!
Argh it was actually the author talking about her book on Woman's Hour a couple of weeks ago. I have completely forgetten the name of her and the book. I shall do some research and get back with it. It was very interesting - sometimes the tiniest and seemingly most obvious adjustment in thought can throw a whole new light on things.

ETA found it! The review here seems a bit 'dry', but I don't think it is.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I mean who is she to say? As per usual it’s proper judgey.

I find the videos on tiktok annoying as duck though. For example the “put a finger down” ones where they list a bunch of things that most people experience and could be attributed to a number of things from being a bit shy to having depression then they tell you this means you have autism or adhd. It’s definitely led to people who don’t have it self diagnosing. To me that’s the real issue. Not the people sucked in by it.

Also how do we know she has legit adhd? Not sure what gives her the right to gatekeep

Reactions: 10
If she has been diagnosed, why are other people also getting diagnosed stopping her from getting help? If she hasn't been......

There are loads of influencers right now who live completely normal lives jumping all over this. She's right about that.

Speaking as a family member of someone who was recently diagnosed, who very much doesn't manage to live a normal life.......please get in the sea.

If she has been diagnosed, why are other people also getting diagnosed stopping her from getting help? If she hasn't been......

There are loads of influencers right now who live completely normal lives jumping all over this. She's right about that.

Speaking as a family member of someone who was recently diagnosed, who very much doesn't manage to live a normal life.......please get in the sea.
She has had treatment and is on meds, I’m sure she’s discussed it before. What she’s saying is she has friends waiting to be seen who are on long waiting lists because all these people who don’t have it, as far as she’s concerned, are blocking up the lists.

Firstly when did she get a psychotherapy qualification? Clearly I missed it. What makes her able to decide who does and doesn’t have it. What even she says we’re talking about here is people genuinely thinking they have a mental disability, not faking it but misled by social media. Why attack them? They have every right to seek a diagnosis if they genuinely believe they have it. Like I said I get getting annoyed with the people creating misleading TikTok’s and memes which overly simplify the disorders (saying this as someone with a partner who genuinely has ADHD diagnosed years ago, and a close family member with autism) makes sense, but telling people not to seek help when they believe they might have it, is an absolute pisstake. She’s such an aggressive twit sometimes. She doesn’t strike me as particularly bright but she develops these strong aggy opinions that often don’t make a lot of sense and usually are really unfair or badly thought out and feels she needs to broadcast it on social media. She needs a manager, or a good friend. And she needs to stop thinking so much of her bloody opinons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.