Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw that - and the ‘grillz’ that I nearly sprained an eye
Yeah what the heck was that? I didn’t get it. Is it Invisalign or something. Her pics are always too blurry.

Also again with the dead friends, how many dead bloody friends does this
Woman have? Is this why she only has about 3 living?

i call BS

Reactions: 6
Woman talking about gentrification and she set up a cafe in Margate that few locals visit. Lot of people like Gizzi tho.......

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Couldn’t really make sense of the stories…? I really enjoy Top Boy as a series, it’s one of the only things I watch religiously outside of housewives and managed this season in a weekend despite being a toddler mum…… and it in no way glorifies it at all? Spoilers it quite clearly shows deprivation in the communities this tit happens in, it shows how literally no one but the Top Boy has any real cash (there’s a point where Dushane quotes his revenue is something like £15mil, but salaries £0.5mil and you see the sheer volume of ppl involved), you see tweenage kids in horrible trap houses and literally being murdered, you see kids doing the murdering, the kids of the addicts living in squalor (this really upset me / didn’t think I could keep watching), the trauma inflicted upon every single person in that area, the fear, the paranoia, families being split up / dads who can’t see their kids, like at no point do you think you know what this is a viable career option for me? I would hope it would make any casual drug users consider the ethical implications of it tbh (said as someone in recovery who used to love a recreational substance)

But it is an emotionally exhausting watch and it does make you feel sick - it’s sad, sad viewing. You know they don’t even show drug use like this is England did, they just show the horrific exploitation and violence around it all. I haven’t seen anything glorifying any of the characters even on the shade borough or hackneys finest meme pages which have the occasional absolute moron?

I don’t think Gizzi really understood it but felt compelled to share the stories to make it seem as if she’s gang adjacent? 🤮

Reactions: 10
Gizzie didn’t write those stories, she’s shared someone else’s posts. edit - she didn’t write the one that references PGT

Reactions: 7
Gizzie didn’t write those stories, she’s shared someone else’s posts. edit - she didn’t write the one that references PGT
Yeah I couldn't make head nor tail of it all (#boomeralert 😂) because I haven't seen top boy and didn't know what she had written as opposed to what she was sharing. Just so jarring to see posts like that on Little Lady Fauntleroy's account, immediately followed by this ...

Screenshot 2022-03-27 at 19.01.28.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I don’t think Gizzi really understood it but felt compelled to share the stories to make it seem as if she’s gang adjacent? 🤮
Exactly! I only watched the first series but got exactly what you said. That was my read of it too.
And yes 😂 desperate to make herself seem “gang adjacent”. Again. Not fooling anyone Giz. Just such cringe.

Reactions: 2
Oh I knew she hadn’t written it and it still didn’t make sense 😂 the theme of gentrification wasn’t at all glorified? More spoilers but Dushane the “Top Boy” invests the spoils of his lil drug empire in the gentrification of summer house, his last convo with his mum before she dies is her basically calling him a piece of tit and to get out her house. The youngers working for him are all attending the local meetings with their older parents and grandparents in distress as to where they’re living, like it very much speaks on how fucked up gentrification is and how unregulated a lot of the cash going into property is too. I can’t imagine any take where it makes this look good? Unless they’re talking about Dushane’s big apartment which had absolutely no furniture in and a security system installed by a friend who’s getting sent down for life and will never see his infant son again? Like as an actual stan of the show I’d love to hear the alternative PoV as to how there’s any glorification? In the series prior a teenage boy burnt alive…?

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m sure I read on her stories that her friends were involved in making the show and she couldn’t wait to see it? Unless I dreamt that! Not that that means she can’t critique it but it seems a bit crass (always the first word that comes to mind for me with Gizzi) to splash her criticism all over her social media if that’s the case.

Woman talking about gentrification and she set up a cafe in Margate that few locals visit. Lot of people like Gizzi tho.......
My son and his family live in Margate. And yes they are part of the gentrification ( they moved from London as couldn’t afford to buy there ). And yes they do visit some of these swanky cafes like Love but they also shop in Aldi and the old Kent Market. They were telling me last time we were down that Margate has some of the poorest families in the country living there so. Unfortunately Thanet is one of the poorest councils in the country so it won’t change any time soon. Gizmo ( typed it wrong but it suits !! ) is just an annoying instagrammer like the rest of the. Looking for attention. My daughter took a pic at lunch of me her and her daughter for Mother’s Day and posted it. Now I take a horrible photo ( my face is a bit crooked from Bells Palsy ) so I was surprised it was actually nice of me. Just found out she used a filter! I really have joined the instagram set now I’m filtered

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My son and his family live in Margate. And yes they are part of the gentrification ( they moved from London as couldn’t afford to buy there ). And yes they do visit some of these swanky cafes like Love but they also shop in Aldi and the old Kent Market. They were telling me last time we were down that Margate has some of the poorest families in the country living there so. Unfortunately Thanet is one of the poorest councils in the country so it won’t change any time soon. Gizmo ( typed it wrong but it suits !! ) is just an annoying instagrammer like the rest of the. Looking for attention. My daughter took a pic at lunch of me her and her daughter for Mother’s Day and posted it. Now I take a horrible photo ( my face is a bit crooked from Bells Palsy ) so I was surprised it was actually nice of me. Just found out she used a filter! I really have joined the instagram set now I’m filtered
That's why I live in Kent too! Couldn't afford to buy anything near work. Love it here. I just hate Love Cafe because of what it represents more than anything. Some of the cafes take the absolute pee.

A fiver for a slice of cake at the Turner cafe 😳

Glad I found this thread, I remember her from way back when, back then she used to ape Audrey Hepburn’s style and was more vocal about her disordered eating (they were all more vocal about it back then- Dawn, that one journo from the posh paper who is now a food critic and has a face like bulldog chewing a wasp), she was snippy back then too.

She came across a bit like her tit don’t stank, but here we are and ageing and all the rest have caught up with her like the rest of us. Must seriously wind her up that she is an almost was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Glad I found this thread, I remember her from way back when, back then she used to ape Audrey Hepburn’s style and was more vocal about her disordered eating (they were all more vocal about it back then- Dawn, that one journo from the posh paper who is now a food critic and has a face like bulldog chewing a wasp), she was snippy back then too.

She came across a bit like her tit don’t stank, but here we are and ageing and all the rest have caught up with her like the rest of us. Must seriously wind her up that she is an almost was.
That’s interesting…she recently said on her Insta Stories that she’s never suffered with an eating disorder! It was in reference to her ceasing the diet recipes she started doing in the new year because they were triggering people.

Reactions: 1
That’s interesting…she recently said on her Insta Stories that she’s never suffered with an eating disorder! It was in reference to her ceasing the diet recipes she started doing in the new year because they were triggering people.
Yes! I saw that and I also remember her talking about being at least a bit ED when she was younger. She does strike me as the sort to lie and jump on whatever pity party she thinks makes her cooler at the time though.

Reactions: 5

I don’t think she ever came out and said she had an eating disorder or anything close.

But this was back when subsisting on a pack of 20 Marlboro lights and Diet Coke was all the rage. Heat magazine’s circle of shame pics were in favour and every young pretty thing on tv insisted they ate like a pig but still maintained a size 8 figure just from the sheer exhaustion of their life or running around after a toddler(insert eye roll).

She was tagged as the young ingénue who looked hot and cooked healthy food, she mentioned her eating habits a lot in those back of the sunday supplements “what I eat in a day things”

Yes! I saw that and I also remember her talking about being at least a bit ED when she was younger. She does strike me as the sort to lie and jump on whatever pity party she thinks makes her cooler at the time though.

She was knee deep in what we now call diet culture now and what back then was just how young tv/journo luvvies marketed themselves.

KATE SPICER! That was the journo I was thinking of, she even did a documentary about trying to get to size zero and in it she just got increasingly upset that no matter how little she ate she wasn’t getting close to it.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think she ever came out and said she had an eating disorder or anything close.

But this was back when subsisting on a pack of 20 Marlboro lights and Diet Coke was all the rage. Heat magazine’s circle of shame pics were in favour and every young pretty thing on tv insisted they ate like a pig but still maintained a size 8 figure just from the sheer exhaustion of their life or running around after a toddler(insert eye roll).

She was tagged as the young ingénue who looked hot and cooked healthy food, she mentioned her eating habits a lot in those back of the sunday supplements “what I eat in a day things”

She was knee deep in what we now call diet culture now and what back then was just how young tv/journo luvvies marketed themselves.

KATE SPICER! That was the journo I was thinking of, she even did a documentary about trying to get to size zero and in it she just got increasingly upset that no matter how little she ate she wasn’t getting close to it.
I watched that too. I'm sure she was the one who proudly announced "yes I'm quite the anorexic!" when she had lost a bit of weight.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
I watched that too. I'm sure she was the one who proudly announced "yes I'm quite the anorexic!" when she had lost a bit of weight.
She was thoroughly unlikeable in that. Haven’t liked her since. Like a slightly less unhinged Liz Jones.

Reactions: 4

Didn’t Dawn Porter do that as well? Trying to fit into size 0 made into a documentary. It was called super slim me. So awful by todays standards

Reactions: 4
Dawn Porter and Louise rednap both did documentaries about getting to a size 0. Dawn didn’t manage it but I believe Louise did, but her documentary just gave people tips on how to lose weight.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.