Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Both of those documentaries were extremely triggering to me at the time as I was in the height of ED. It’s crazy to imagine that this was allowed on TV.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Dawn was very open about how awful she felt, how bad her mood got and how emotionally difficult and exhausting it all was. She had a doctor on telling her how bad it was for her body. Didn’t it end with her taking her size zero dress on a skeleton to a fashion designer in protest at perpetuating the 0 trend. I found it thought provoking but if you were already inclined to try doing it, it gave you a lot of hints and tips. Wouldn’t be made now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I remember watching that Louise Redknapp one and thinking how awful she looked. It motivated me to never want to be a size 0.

Reactions: 3
I remember watching that Louise Redknapp one and thinking how awful she looked. It motivated me to never want to be a size 0.

My ex took it as proof I could do it if I only wanted it enough.

And now Michael Moseley make a tit ton of dosh out telling people to do exactly the same - 800 calories, low carb.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1154809
Gizzi… daughter of a baron but also of the streetz…

One of my least favourite things about her is her tone deaf hinting at how rough her life has been. That she’s incredibly close to the less privileged. She’s probably talking about her own personal drug dealers 😬 something I like to call “PGT”… oh really Gizzi? Did you have strong feelings about “PGT” when you helped open Mare Street Market in Hackney you patronising hypocrite? Yeah I bet you were hanging out on the estate between flogging tit pizza making all your new best mates that you can now complain on behalf of on Instagram 😂

Also this ramble doesn’t even make a lot of sense. The show when I watched it when it came out 10 + years ago was from the perspective of the gangs. No idea what she is going on about, but pretty sure she’s doing a Jack monroe (again) and positioning herself where she doesn’t belong for clout. And criticising something because she thinks it makes her edgy.
She's fucked off because some of Top Boy was filmed in Margate and she wasn't asked to star in it. That's what her beef with the show is really all about.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My ex took it as proof I could do it if I only wanted it enough.

And now Michael Moseley make a tit ton of dosh out telling people to do exactly the same - 800 calories, low carb.
Don't get me started on Moseley. I dared to criticise him once on Mumsnet and they only stopped short of tarring and feathering me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
This is a promotion for pasta, apparently, from her IG. It looks so tacky. The background and lighting give a distinct “readers’ wives” feel. Plus I’m not sure how much pasta you’re going to be to eat if you’re squeezed into that get-up.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is a promotion for pasta, apparently, from her IG. It looks so tacky. The background and lighting give a distinct “readers’ wives” feel. Plus I’m not sure how much pasta you’re going to be to eat if you’re squeezed into that get-up.
I don’t like the style of her recipe posts, with the black borders and dark lighting and the ever present sex kitten subtext. Her sexuality is so often squeezed into her poses, her captions, her outfits - which would be ok if it didn’t feel so performative, male gaze-centric, contrived and uncomfortable. Somehow Nigella gets away with mixing food and eroticism but Gizzi just comes across as a bit desperate.

She reminds me a bit of myself when I was in my 20s and felt like I had to try hard. Has she not gone through that stage in your 30s where you learn to give less of a duck about coming across as cool and attractive?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think the difference between her and Nigella is that N is a bit tongue in cheek and also she's confident - she knows she's hot. Gizzi is always thirsty and desperate for external validation.

Reactions: 13
I think the difference between her and Nigella is that N is a bit tongue in cheek and also she's confident - she knows she's hot. Gizzi is always thirsty and desperate for external validation.
Very true! If you watch the earliest videos of Nigella, you can see that her confidence and sexuality has really grown over the years. But she’s never taken herself too seriously.

Reactions: 5
Gizzi’s management earn themselves every penny tho, she’s constantly got decent quality ads and top notch freebies. Jack Monroe must be in bits wondering where it all went wrong

• Haha
Reactions: 17
If I had a leather catsuit I would be trying to get the wear out of it - probably a bit sweaty though…

she’s the definition of try hard, don’t try to relive 20s in 40s - it’s someone else’s turn

Reactions: 7
She reminds me a bit of myself when I was in my 20s and felt like I had to try hard. Has she not gone through that stage in your 30s where you learn to give less of a duck about coming across as cool and attractive?
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. I think rather than go through that 30s maturation stage many of us go through, she’s just had an extended immature, insecure 20s, but with actual fading looks (whereas when you’re in your 20s you’re often hotter than you’ll ever be but can’t grasp it yet). That’s why she’s always borderline having a meltdown. I don’t envy her tbh.

Reactions: 4
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here. I think rather than go through that 30s maturation stage many of us go through, she’s just had an extended immature, insecure 20s, but with actual fading looks (whereas when you’re in your 20s you’re often hotter than you’ll ever be but can’t grasp it yet). That’s why she’s always borderline having a meltdown. I don’t envy her tbh.
That is interesting. I think if she could wrap her head around the fact her looks aren't fading but changing she would be happier.
I read an interesting article where the author said so many women hanker back for this perfect idealised static image they had of themselves. Usually when you were in your early twenties. Often this is what they think they should always look like, it is the 'real' them and anything else is unacceptable, not really 'you' and an admission you have 'let yourself go' and you should try to get back to that body. It is a completely unobtainable and unsustainable ideal. And leads to much unhappiness. Every stage of your life and body is the real you. A fatter, older body and face is the new real you. Not less attractive. Just different. Quite liberating really.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
At every age you look back on photos from a few years earlier and think damn I looked great, but at the time was punishing yourself with a diet or unhappy with some part of your looks so didn’t appreciate it. The most attractive thing is self acceptance and confidence.

thing is Gizzi Is still very good looking, it’s her personality that’s the problem

• Haha
Reactions: 16
That is interesting. I think if she could wrap her head around the fact her looks aren't fading but changing she would be happier.
I read an interesting article where the author said so many women hanker back for this perfect idealised static image they had of themselves. Usually when you were in your early twenties. Often this is what they think they should always look like, it is the 'real' them and anything else is unacceptable, not really 'you' and an admission you have 'let yourself go' and you should try to get back to that body. It is a completely unobtainable and unsustainable ideal. And leads to much unhappiness. Every stage of your life and body is the real you. A fatter, older body and face is the new real you. Not less attractive. Just different. Quite liberating really.
This is where I’ve got a weird sort of privilege myself I think. I didn’t look great in my early 20s. Didn’t know what clothes or hair looked good on me, awful teeth, now fixed and terribly insecure. I’m better looking in my late 30s for sure 🤣

Reactions: 10
Does her latest story with all the “thank yous” about the kitchen mean the whole thing was gifted? 😱🤢 she’s got to be one of the worst for undeclared ads, I don’t think she’s ever marked a freebie as such.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Does her latest story with all the “thank yous” about the kitchen mean the whole thing was gifted? 😱🤢 she’s got to be one of the worst for undeclared ads, I don’t think she’s ever marked a freebie as such.

She sounds more and more like jack every time she posts something. Like literally - I can’t work out who is copying who now 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.