Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I HATE these people. I work with a guy that the ladies love and when we used to go to work events, women in their forties and fifties would always come up to him and do this. “Go on, how old do you think I am?” And the answer is always wrong because you can’t win.
Whenever someone asks me how old I think they are, I always go ‘up’. So if I think they look 40, I will always say ‘49 maybe?’
duck em.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I feel like Gizzi has completely missed the point of the passage she shared on Stories. The passage is about mindfulness, rising above thought, detaching from over-identification with the self and the ego, and practicing indifference to the events in your life so that you’re not constantly on a see-saw of reactive emotions or caught in a negative mental tailspin - it’s essentially a Buddhist practice.

Gizzi interprets it (ironically) as an exercise of narcissism - feeling indifferent about what you say and do and how that might affect other people. Stick to cooking, Gizzi - you’re good at that.

Reactions: 6
Thirsty for someone’s attention for sure - the photo went on her grid and again on her story 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She looks great in the photos, she really does. But honestly, if I had a photo of me looking hot on my phone, there’s no way I’d ‘forget it was there’
110% she does look great. She also looks lovely in her “no one should have to be as resilient as this” pic she’s doing minimal duckface and filter and it looks great on her (do you think she’s reading here? If so get a grip love, minimum resilience needed). It’s the “look at me, looks at me, pick me pick me” tit that grates.

I wonder what she’s going through to post all these woe-is-me captions.

It’s all relative but I’d be wary of posting about how resilient I’ve had to be and how much more can one ‘lil person’ take - I would think those thoughts during my weaker moments of course (done a lot of this lately actually, things have been quite difficult) but it seems a bit crass to post so dramatically when many people are having to be extremely resilient right now as they manage food/fuel poverty etc. You have to keep some perspective, if only for your own mental health.

Having said that, she could be having a really tough time in one way or another - what do I know.

Reactions: 6
I found it insane that she set up a café in Margate and then started complaining that the commute from London to Margate was tough. Surely that was something to take into consideration before setting up a business there.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I found it insane that she set up a café in Margate and then started complaining that the commute from London to Margate was tough. Surely that was something to take into consideration before setting up a business there.
It's a fairly long commute but there's a direct train so I wouldn't say it's tough. Unless of course she's driving it, but I don't know why you'd cause yourself the faff.

Reactions: 4
I wonder what she’s going through to post all these woe-is-me captions.

It’s all relative but I’d be wary of posting about how resilient I’ve had to be and how much more can one ‘lil person’ take - I would think those thoughts during my weaker moments of course (done a lot of this lately actually, things have been quite difficult) but it seems a bit crass to post so dramatically when many people are having to be extremely resilient right now as they manage food/fuel poverty etc. You have to keep some perspective, if only for your own mental health.

Having said that, she could be having a really tough time in one way or another - what do I know.
I found that caption to be a pretty accurate representation of a narcissistic pity party.
Could just be that she’s read here even.

Just such a weird way to talk about yourself. Most people if they felt inclined to complain on social would say “things have been a bit tit lately” etc. But it’s almost like she’s glorifying herself still. The self defiance in that “no one should ever have to be this résiliant” and referring to herself as a “lil person” which is not only bizarre but kind of an odd fetishisation of herself. Poor little defenceless Audrey Hepburn -alike doll me. I’m so resilient, I’m so little, I’m so me me me me. And have I mentioned how much I look like beautiful people today?

Anyone else see that?

Reactions: 9
I found that caption to be a pretty accurate representation of a narcissistic pity party.

Just such a weird way to talk about yourself. Most people if they felt inclined to complain on social would say “things have been a bit tit lately” etc. But it’s almost like she’s glorifying herself still. The self defiance in that “no one should ever have to be this résiliant” and referring to herself as a “lil person” which is not only bizarre but kind of an odd fetishisation of herself. Poor little defenceless Audrey Hepburn -alike doll me. I’m so resilient, I’m so little, I’m so me me me me. And have I mentioned how much I look like beautiful people today?

Anyone else see that?
The ‘lil person’ thing cracked me up. Chick is 5ft10 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Anyone else see that?
Hmmm the "lil person" reference is familiar, Jack Monroe does the same thing when talking about herself. The whole 'small, vulnerable and exempt from criticism' tactic 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Anyone else see that?
Reads as sex and the city monologue to me. So blah.

Fair play to her, most people are *slightly* more subtle when they're on the lookout for a free holiday.

Screenshot 2022-02-13 at 19.24.02.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Hmmm the "lil person" reference is familiar, Jack Monroe does the same thing when talking about herself. The whole 'small, vulnerable and exempt from criticism' tactic 🙄
Yes! That too! Was trying to sum up what was off about it but missed that one.

Poor me and my fragile beggy ego

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.