Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see a few days ago a massive pity party post about having to rent a place in Margate as well as having London place and being broke after making lots of money as an influencer but putting it in the new cafe and her cat was pregnant again. It was deleted almost as soon as I read it because someone must have said it was a bad idea. I didn’t get a screenshot unfortunately. This is the person who went on several work holidays during lockdown including posting first class flights to Barbados.
Why are all the foodies going to Margate?

Martha De Lacey (who had a relatively big Instagram hooha this week) has just moved there, Felicity seems to be there all the time and now Gizzi.

Is Margate the new Cartmel?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
What happened re Martha De Lacey?
She posted a load of hospital food pics from when something happened to her when she was away (but didn’t actually say what happened). Someone DMed her implying (I think) that it was a bit much when she was a food account. She posted that DM publicly without blocking the name. She got reported for harassment. She went off it saying how ironic it was given she was the one who had been harassed in the first place. Then a load of stories of how much the hospital stay had cost her etc etc. Now she has just got an EHIC card and has got some money back.

TBH I am a bit shocked. If you don’t want people to DM you about a hospital stay don’t post pictures that show you are in hospital. Don’t repost DMs with names showing.

Anyway. Back to Gizzi.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
RE gizzi and her approach to her weight, I almost unfollowed her when she was literally almost crying about being a size 14. It was so insensitive but this was prior to the days when I realised I could just … unfollow people.

she can cook, she was trained at the prue leith cooking school. She’s another one though, that refers to their neurodivergency (sp? Word?) as a “superpower”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
That cook yourself thin was horrendous looking back at it now.

One of them, Sophie is in Barbados now. It seems she has left all that behind.

Gizzi however…

Reactions: 11
She isn’t coping well with being in her 40s and no longer in her 20s and the skinny new thing with her tattoos and different style. She can definitely cook and I think her sustainability work is important but she also does the Agent Provocateur work for the money. I did feel sorry for her that her first real restaurant in a hotel opened just before the pandemic and shut without reopening.

Some food box company sent Gizzi’s mum loads of free veg and Gizzi refused to thank them unless they also paid her some money. I forget where I heard this - possibly on the Jack thread?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Some food box company sent Gizzi’s mum loads of free veg and Gizzi refused to thank them unless they also paid her some money. I forget where I heard this - possibly on the Jack thread?
this is what I remember as well- think it was during the first pandemic when everyone was panic buying and her mum was struggling to get a delivery. A veg box company bent over backwards to get one sorted for free and asked Gizi if she could mention them on social media as a thank you and to highlight them. She refused and said something like ‘you know I get £5k for a mention like that?’ Or similar.
I remember her vaguely from the ‘cook yourself thin’ days but otherwise I really don’t know much about her. She definitely seems like an absolute arrogant twit though.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Mallika is on Twitter just now advising how exactly to deal with what the Gizter did not deal with well yesterday. Go Mallika 💪🏻

• Heart
I saw that post @Vanelope. She was going on about how she always has time for other people but no-one ever has time for her when she's ill etc etc.

I think she's an amazing chef, her food always looks incredible. But she has a very fragile ego and is obsessed with her weight. I remember when she was ill recently and she was do happy she lost a stone and a half or something like that.

Reactions: 10
She posted a load of hospital food pics from when something happened to her when she was away (but didn’t actually say what happened). Someone DMed her implying (I think) that it was a bit much when she was a food account. She posted that DM publicly without blocking the name. She got reported for harassment. She went off it saying how ironic it was given she was the one who had been harassed in the first place. Then a load of stories of how much the hospital stay had cost her etc etc. Now she has just got an EHIC card and has got some money back.

TBH I am a bit shocked. If you don’t want people to DM you about a hospital stay don’t post pictures that show you are in hospital. Don’t repost DMs with names showing.

Anyway. Back to Gizzi.
i went to martha’s supper club a few years ago and i have to say i got pretty bad vibes from her IRL.

did anyone see how defensive Gizzi got when she received well deserved backlash for promoting McDonalds last month? she is SUCH a hypocrite

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I think she's an amazing chef, her food always looks incredible. But she has a very fragile ego and is obsessed with her weight. I remember when she was ill recently and she was do happy she lost a stone and a half or something like that.
I agree, her Kitchen Magic book is one of my all time favourites, it's sad she has taken the path of being obnoxious and self-obsessed online.

The story is in the Telegraph. Article

I guess the old adage of be nice to people on the way up applies.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 11.12.06.png

Someone knows she's sensitive about her age. Ouch!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ve known Gizzi for over 20 years when she worked in a piercing shop in Camden. She disappeared up her own arse about ten years ago when she was almost getting famous. She’s never quite hit the big time that she’s always yearned for.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Did she get rid of Ponzu, the cat? He was always on her stories and now it just seems to me Mochi, Kimchi and the kittens.

I was always a big fan but unfollowed when she posted a picture saying she wanted to get back to DJing again and a follower sent her a message and her response was so obnoxious and unnecessarily rude.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Did she get rid of Ponzu, the cat? He was always on her stories and now it just seems to me Mochi, Kimchi and the kittens.

I was always a big fan but unfollowed when she posted a picture saying she wanted to get back to DJing again and a follower sent her a message and her response was so obnoxious and unnecessarily rude.
how gross. she's hardly bleeping calvin harris, rude cow.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 15.46.43.png

Felicity Cloake commented yesterday. As well as the known Trifle Defender on the Jack Monroe threads (she retweeted Mallika). It always amazes me how small the food world is, if they don't like you, they'll subtly make it known in times like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.