Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gizzi went to Leith’s didn’t she? Not a foodie so what’s the typical trajectory for a Leith’s grad? It’s like £30k+ isn’t it so I’m guessing something FANCY to see any ROI?

Like is it a TV chef training camp because I can’t see how it’s justifiable otherwise?

Reactions: 5
Like is it a TV chef training camp because I can’t see how it’s justifiable otherwise?
Definitely not - I think it’s generally split into younger people from wealthy families who go on to do private catering/chalet seasons etc, and people who are already wealthy from having successful careers who want to do something different.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't begrudge someone wanting to document their weight loss journey etc, but I think Gizzi needs to decide whether her main account is a business account, or personal. It's weird to see her 'what I ate in a day' posts juxtaposed with a massive pie and mash dish from her cafe.

View attachment 966977
I can’t help but notice the dirty, bitten fingernail...

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Though I hate the trying to position herself as a nutrition/weight loss blogger, I have to say I kind of prefer the food pics to the duckface pics with the weird blurry slightly yellow filter

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I find her annoying but to be honest, I think that says more about me. I’d quite like to be rich and getting paid 5k a post.
I think she’s clearly just a very insecure woman and sadly is unravelling before our eyes.
I met her once and she was actually very sweet and appeared to be nervous.

Reactions: 2
As someone who suffered from bulimia for over half my life, I get a bit frustrated sometimes by what feels like...overprotectiveness about triggers, maybe? Like, no one puts a trigger warning on a sentence like "I could really use a glass of wine" in case an alcoholic reads it, you know?

Plus, EDs are such complex illnesses - I might have no problem reading about someone else's weight, but maybe somebody who I don't like gets a promotion and that sends me into a spiral of self-loathing and b/p urges. And that can't be accounted for.

I also think there has to be a place to discuss weight management, whether that's gaining, losing, or maintaining. There are a lot of very pervasive myths about weight gain and loss, and it's a good thing if we can talk about it sensibly and openly. Changing eating habits can be a very positive thing for many people.

(Plus there's this weird thing about weight loss where all content is either Pinch of Nom-style spread low-fat cottage cheese on a flour tortilla for a delicious low-cal pizza! or the bleeping Hemsley sisters making kale and medjool date energy balls, and nothing in between. At least Gizzi's moussaka looks like something you'd actually want to eat!)

Having said all that...posting on her professional account about her new diet is just supremely inappropriate. If she really wants to share it with social media, she could just set up a side account and put up a post saying "hey if you're curious, follow me on @gizzidiets" or whatever.

But that leads back to this whole weird influencer culture, where there's no separation of the professional and the personal, and your business account can go from "check out what's new in my shop!" to "I feel sad, send doggos" in the blink of an eye. Good luck to her if she's trying to make big lifestyle changes, but why not keep it separate from her work?

PS I hope one of her New Year New You lifestyle changes is dissolving those fillers

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Her newest insta post says she's not going to post about the calories in everything she eats any more 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why does she have to rip off working class food so much?

First Dominoes, then pie and mash, kfc. She makes posh overpriced versions of it that are almost exactly the same. I don’t doubt she’s a good cook but I find this super jarring. Probably because she’s the daughter of a baron from Wandsworth (and unlikely to be the dodgy end, there’s plenty of not dodgy ends in Wandsworth)
I'm curious to see how much she charges for pie and mash, in traditional pie and mash places in london it's usually less that £6 for a meal

Reactions: 1
Why does she have to rip off working class food so much?

First Dominoes, then pie and mash, kfc. She makes posh overpriced versions of it that are almost exactly the same. I don’t doubt she’s a good cook but I find this super jarring. Probably because she’s the daughter of a baron from Wandsworth (and unlikely to be the dodgy end, there’s plenty of not dodgy ends in Wandsworth)
You know I wouldn't be surprised if she does consider herself kinda of working class. Despite having a title she's always banging on about how poor she was growing up and being the poorest student at Leiths - you'd think she had some sort of Oliver Twist upbringing.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
You know I wouldn't be surprised if she does consider herself kinda of working class. Despite having a title she's always banging on about how poor she was growing up and being the poorest student at Leiths - you'd think she had some sort of Oliver Twist upbringing.
Another Jack monroe parallel…

I believe she was till her parents divorced then she went to a state school.
She’s not by any means been actual poor. Maybe the “mummy and daddy spent so much money of my private schooling we had to shop from sainsburys instead of waitrose” or “mummy and daddy divorced so I had to slum it and go to the local comp but we still manage at least one holiday a year” kind of poor. Not council estate poor. Guarantee she lived in a decent house at least

Does anyone else find it odd when she tries to compare herself to someone 20 years younger and skinnier on Instagram? In my view she is very pretty. But first Taylor Lashae now this. She really seems to fixate on girls in their 20s which is undoubtably going to give her a pretty awful self image.

I didn’t screenshot the Taylor Lashae one but I remember there was something odd about it at the time. Like “look at me, look how much I look like this super hot model” she does, but she’s also approx 20 years older so no reason why she shouldn’t be a bit bigger, a bit wrinklier etc. It’s just so unhealthy

Attachments

• Sad
When I got a bob I had pics of Taylor Lashae to show my hairdresser.

she did her best…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh I can't believe how much she's trying to be Taylor Lashae, it's weird. The lips are very over the top, she denies having filler which is unbelievable.

Reactions: 1
Oh I can't believe how much she's trying to be Taylor Lashae, it's weird. The lips are very over the top, she denies having filler which is unbelievable.
She’s one of many that over the age of mid 30s has made themselves look weird by thinking they have to fill out every last bit of skin texture. Personally I think a little bit of filler in the odd place, or getting your Jowels lifted but overall still having a little bit of age showing through like crows feet makes you look better and actually younger than the overly filled and pulled back face some people do. They think they can’t have a single wrinkle but they can and should imo. Looks much better.

There definitely is something a bit OTT about the way she focuses on these young girls, but also I’m about 10 years younger than Gizzi and already I don’t really look at women in their 20s as having aspirational looks for me. You know in the normal way that you might find out what makeup someone uses etc? I much more prefer using fellow 30 somethings. Her looking up to girls in their 20s is like me comparing myself to a teenager.

Of course she’s spiralling if she does this

And of course in the case of that orange hair girl overly skinny as well

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.