Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She went to the Grey Coat Hospital school in Westminster.
Wait she went to Grey Coat?? Whenever she talks about going to a state school she makes it sound like she was in some terrible place that was a step down from her private school - Grey Coat is one of the top state schools in the country!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Wait she went to Grey Coat?? Whenever she talks about going to a state school she makes it sound like she was in some terrible place that was a step down from her private school - Grey Coat is one of the top state schools in the country!
She’s always been “woe is me”. Not surprised with the narrative that she was slumming it.

Reactions: 2
She’s always been “woe is me”. Not surprised with the narrative that she was slumming it.
Oh absolutely. She tells many people that she grew up poor, almost working class despite having a title and living in Belgravia at some point. She's said previously she was teased at school because of her accent/way she talked when half if not all girls at that school talk exactly like her. She tells people her father shunned the aristocratic life which is why they lived quite modestly, but really it seems he lost his money in a bad investment so had no choice but to live without much money. She tells people she grew up in a low class area, when in fact she grew up in quite a nice area of Paddington. She said she spent her childhood in Thailand, but actually she just holidayed there often because her mother did some business - further to this if she really was poor then how did they afford all those trips around the world?

My favourite thing I've heard her say was along the lines of I'm actually really clever, I just choose not to be academic. Sure Jan.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh absolutely. She tells many people that she grew up poor, almost working class despite having a title and living in Belgravia at some point. She's said previously she was teased at school because of her accent/way she talked when half if not all girls at that school talk exactly like her. She tells people her father shunned the aristocratic life which is why they lived quite modestly, but really it seems he lost his money in a bad investment so had no choice but to live without much money. She tells people she grew up in a low class area, when in fact she grew up in quite a nice area of Paddington. She said she spent her childhood in Thailand, but actually she just holidayed there often because her mother did some business - further to this if she really was poor then how did they afford all those trips around the world?

My favourite thing I've heard her say was along the lines of I'm actually really clever, I just choose not to be academic. Sure Jan.
So many Jack parallels!

How do you know so much btw? Obviously you don’t have to be overly specific (or say you do at all). But do you know her irl in some capacity?

Anyone else notice how Gizzi is at pins to point out all the ‘lovely’ ‘supportive’ DMs she’s getting whenever she does something controversial? First calories, now this. Almost as if she wants to shout at the people saying what she perceives to be negative things “I’M GETTING LOTS OF SUPPORT ON THIS ACTUALLY!”

She does seem to really struggle with any criticism. Mostly seems to double down and charge at people. Or get very woe is me. Not great for someone who’s chosen to make a living in the public eye.

Reactions: 7
So many Jack parallels!

How do you know so much btw? Obviously you don’t have to be overly specific (or say you do at all). But do you know her irl in some capacity?
Hmmm its kind of a 6 degrees of seperation thing, but we've also worked together at some point in our lives!

Anyone else notice how Gizzi is at pins to point out all the ‘lovely’ ‘supportive’ DMs she’s getting whenever she does something controversial? First calories, now this. Almost as if she wants to shout at the people saying what she perceives to be negative things “I’M GETTING LOTS OF SUPPORT ON THIS ACTUALLY!”

She does seem to really struggle with any criticism. Mostly seems to double down and charge at people. Or get very woe is me. Not great for someone who’s chosen to make a living in the public eye.
That's her nature, she never thinks she's wrong. But I also see this with a lot of influencers noawadays, they cannot take criticism at all but love a nice pat on the back comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
God I’m glad I found this thread, I was starting to think I was the only one who didn’t like her anymore. I was a big big fan of hers for a while, but there’s something so ‘desperate’ about her now. Desperate for attention, desperate for validation, just... desperate. It’s obvious she struggles deeply with the aging process, but again, she seems to desperate and ‘beggy’ almost when it comes to her age.
I had to unfollow her a while back because she just seems to need constant validation and attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Someone I train with when they're up my way contacted her asking if she would like to take part in a charity event around the same time of her cafe opening.
They were met with a very snooty reply along the lines of 'I'm so busy I can't even think about this right now. Bare with me.' Gizzi never did reply to them.
The person I train with is a very well respected member of their local community and does a lot for charity, for children and is extremely well known in their community. Had Gizzi got involved in the charity event, her cafe would be booming right now, even in January when most are skint.

• Sad
God I’m glad I found this thread, I was starting to think I was the only one who didn’t like her anymore. I was a big big fan of hers for a while, but there’s something so ‘desperate’ about her now. Desperate for attention, desperate for validation, just... desperate. It’s obvious she struggles deeply with the aging process, but again, she seems to desperate and ‘beggy’ almost when it comes to her age.
I had to unfollow her a while back because she just seems to need constant validation and attention.
Yep, bang on. She just really riled me now but I used to like her.

She hasn’t posted any pouty duckface photos with no real context with that weird fuzzy yellow filter that makes her look not only like a totally different person, but someone who is clearly very insecure in themselves and bloody using a filter. I find her at her most irritating when she’s doing that bloody glassy eyed pout all “look at me”. If she wasn’t so obsessed with how she looks she probably wouldn’t be so fucked up about aging.

Why do people use that filter? Yeah you look fuzzy and a bit slimmer, but it’s obvious what you’ve done and you look weird and yellow. To me it’s just Gizzi, and some of the random Karen’s on Facebook that use it

Slightly late on this one, but it makes me so uncomfortable that she's essentially going round slating different pie and mash shops around London on her huge platform. Most don't have a social media presence to reply so her followers will take her word as gospel. Just seems unfair to me!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Did she do the pie and mash tour just to justify the prices in her cafe?
her cafe is in Margate, not London, so it’s not direct competition. All seems sus and yes, punching down on people without her social media followers.

Reactions: 12
Slightly late on this one, but it makes me so uncomfortable that she's essentially going round slating different pie and mash shops around London on her huge platform. Most don't have a social media presence to reply so her followers will take her word as gospel. Just seems unfair to me!
Did she do the pie and mash tour just to justify the prices in her cafe?
her cafe is in Margate, not London, so it’s not direct competition. All seems sus and yes, punching down on people without her social media followers.
Majority of her comments were disparaging and nobody asked for this. I would understand if she was writing some article on the best places to eat, but she isn't. She could've done the pie journey without rating them.This whole thing is just to stroke her ego and is such a weird thing to do. I don't know any chefs or restaurant owners who do themed nights that go round slating other restaurants before they launch their own, its really not done in the industry. The great thing is the places she tried have been established for years and already have a big community following - nothing some stuck-up food influencer says is going to affect their popularity.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think it’s just part of her endless quest to feel edgy and part of the East London crowd. You can tell from her upbringing she’s not naturally part of that. She must have had the morph herself a lot to fit in. Its the same when she posts gothic/morbid stuff and it’s meant to fit her gothic/dark persona.

It’s like a chef making a gourmet fish and chips dish and going to lots of chippys and rating it. It’s supposed to be rough, ready and wholesome.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What happened to ‘if you can’t say anything nice shut the f up’? I know chefs who go to other places say nice things about the food when they have nice food, but not going around giving them crappy reviews on Instagram.

Reactions: 6
There was absolutely no need to tag the place where she was eating with comments like “really under-seasoned”. Just so rude!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It made me sad really, these places have been opened for decades and decades, and as the user above said, have built a community. It's not about food being 'under seasoned' in the gourmet sense, it's just good hearty (and delicious!) food to feed the masses. Many people (like myself) don't go there to have some kind of culinary experience, these are great, cheap and practical places for people to have a meal! Also, these places are part of a history and fabric which has made the UK what it is, and many are closing at rapid rates due to inflated rents - they need praising and protecting not slating x

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It made me sad really, these places have been opened for decades and decades, and as the user above said, have built a community. It's not about food being 'under seasoned' in the gourmet sense, it's just good hearty (and delicious!) food to feed the masses. Many people (like myself) don't go there to have some kind of culinary experience, these are great, cheap and practical places for people to have a meal! Also, these places are part of a history and fabric which has made the UK what it is, and many are closing at rapid rates due to inflated rents - they need praising and protecting not slating x
Could not agree more. They are not claiming to be Masterchef standard and if it was underseasoned then I can guarantee there would be salt and pepper on the table to rectify that! Who does she think she is, and is this a service anyone bas asked for? Trashing small independents who are struggling to get by after passing from generation to generation is a low blow.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She’s got such a warped view of herself. How is this “her” or anything like her? It’s so random??
Yeah I didn’t get this, what’s she trying to say? That she should be the one setting up a restaurant here? I didn’t get it at all 😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.