Gizzi Erskine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hates not being a size ten, has said it several times over the last couple of years. Also hates being over 40.
Calorie counting - really? In 2022 we know losing weight (for whatever reasons - inc vanity) is difficult for many people hard because of so many factors including lifestyle, hormones, ageing… this is also from the author of cook yourself skinny or whatever book she wrote.
Certain things we might do to excess in our 20s (smoke in my case) kept the weight off… just saying

Reactions: 11
A while ago I accidentally slated Gizzi in a ‘rave’ group, not realising the etiquette of Tattle. Aside from saying I thought her constant overly filtered duck face photos were disingenuous and she seemed vapid and self obsessed, but also that she was a shallow fat-phobic person, who much to her horror has got fat. The ravers of the group were horrified and confused I dared to call her fatphobic, but in my view The way she talks about weight and the way she hides her weight and looks sometimes is so damaging and harmful, particularly to the many people who are much bigger than her or even her size. She should be less obsessed with herself and more mindful of what she’s says with a platform like hers. Especially in this day and age when many of us realise that being a bit overweight on its own isn’t a diagnosis of anything, and that fat people can be horrendously stigmatised.

Here she is again, this isn’t the worst she’s been and she at least acknowledges she isn’t being “body positive”. Yeah no tit, you are constantly editing your pictures and taking them from angles to hide your slightly wider/curvier figure then everyone is shocked when they see you on Saturday kitchen. But she says she needs to lose it for health (what health? Oddly non specific, have you been diagnosed with something or is it just the assumption that all size 14 women get type 2 diabetes?) and mental health?! Because being what, a size 14-16 like the majority of the country just makes you so bleeping miserable you can’t bear yourself?

Please step out of the public eye, stop begging for attention constantly on Instagram if you hate not being a size 8 so much Gizzi. It’s really damaging to some people outside of your little self obsessed world.
WIEIAD posts (complete with calorie counts) are the most damaging type of posts anyone could do at the moment.

No one needs to see the number of calories that anyone else consumes. It is a well known fact that those at risk of/suffering from ED pore over them in order to compare/compete.

She should a) be ashamed of herself b) be stopped.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She hates not being a size ten, has said it several times over the last couple of years. Also hates being over 40.
Calorie counting - really? In 2022 we know losing weight (for whatever reasons - inc vanity) is difficult for many people hard because of so many factors including lifestyle, hormones, ageing… this is also from the author of cook yourself skinny or whatever book she wrote.
Certain things we might do to excess in our 20s (smoke in my case) kept the weight off… just saying
It’s like she’s at least 10 years behind. Like a relic from the less woke days where there were more coke snorting pick me girls masquerading as ladettes, everyone had to be skinny and people pushed the women being worthless after 35 thing much more than they do now, when people are much more anti ageism. If she just caught up with the times she’d probably be a lot happier.

Also, not that I actually care about this tit now, but did anyone else buy into the whole cook yourself skinny thing back in the day and feel oddly ripped off that she clearly doesn’t have a clue how to willingly stay skinny? It was clearly all just youth and a bit of fluke, probs a bit of Charlie? Stop frying your onions in water ladies, the gigs up!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Poor Ponzu that makes me really sad

Also - her porridge recipe is that of somebody with too much time on their hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Poor Ponzu that makes me really sad

Also - her porridge recipe is that of somebody with too much time on their hands.
Sounds like her cat is better off somewhere else, especially if she keeps letting one cat get pregnant. That’s crazy behaviour. Is she selling the kittens for a lot of money as some of them look like Scottish folds.

That porridge has two tablespoons of brown sugar which is a huge amount and not healthy. I’d sub yogurt for the double cream.

Reactions: 5
Yes it does strike me as rather odd that she's talking about wanting to lose weight and therefore she's having porridge with double cream and loads of sugar.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I’ve never heard of double cream in porridge before! And yes, sugar is probably not the best option - I’d sub it with a little honey at least ! Or cinnamon

Reactions: 4
There are just far healthier ways to flavour porridge imo!
Totally, I’d argue that she doesn’t really know how to eat in a balanced way, hence the weight gain. It’s all cream cheese on KFC and booze then attempts to starve herself which means she gets hungry and needs to eat more double cream porridge and kfc.

Reactions: 6
There are just far healthier ways to flavour porridge imo!
Sorry to go on, but if you’re demonising dairy/animal fats as being “unhealthy” there are some really great contemporary, science based sources of nutritional literature available which debunk that completely. It’s a very outdated idea that animal fats=bad.

Plus a tablespoon of sugar in the compote.
In 500g of compote of which she’s used 2 tablespoons. So approx 5% of the recipe.

Reactions: 8
This is exactly the point I was making. It leads people to overanalyse, which is fine for the majority and can lead to a healthy discussion regarding flavours and porridge. However, for those who are vulnerable it can be dangerous and triggering.

She should not be doing this and she should know better.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Sounds like her cat is better off somewhere else, especially if she keeps letting one cat get pregnant. That’s crazy behaviour. Is she selling the kittens for a lot of money as some of them look like Scottish folds.

That porridge has two tablespoons of brown sugar which is a huge amount and not healthy. I’d sub yogurt for the double cream.
They are scottish folds.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m actually enjoying her healthier food inspiration but can understand how this content would be triggering for some. Maybe she should leave the calorie content information out.

I’m probably going to be vilified for this but don’t we have a personal responsibility to not view things that trigger us? There are things that trigger me related to past trauma (not food-related) and it is an ongoing battle to avoid these triggers (because they are commonplace and I always feel tempted to pick open the scab again, metaphorically speaking) but nevertheless I don’t expect people to modify their behaviour to protect me - that’s my job.

Reactions: 13
Budget Bytes has a tasty looking overnight oats recipe made with applesauce. No added sugar. You can make and store in fridge and heat up if liked.

I’m looking forward to her sharing her adventures with weight loss smoothies. Half a bar of Lindt 75% (just half), 100ml of double cream, a tablespoon of ice cream, almond milk and a few rashers of bacon and caviar to garnish.

Followed by a moaning crying post in a few weeks about how she’s miserable “starving” herself and isn’t losing weight is really unhappy being a size 12 and all her admirers saying how “brave” she is 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.