Gizzi Erskine #2 She's terrified of not being special

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has she posted anything else about her bestest friend who she needs to keep her alive’s cancer fundraising? By the sounds of it he’s been really, really unwell recently. All I can see is more banal tit about a meal she clearly didn’t pay for.

Reactions: 2
Her latest post is utterly tasteless considering the current economic climate. Disgusting. The restaurant’s menu, for reference: https://bacchanalia.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Bacchanalia_A_La_Carte-2.pdf

View attachment 1945672
It was 'loads of bloody fun!' though, so that makes it ok

Also, this is written in the style of someone who thinks they should be a Sunday supplement restaurant critic but cannot actually string a decent sentence together. She really loves the word 'which'

Reactions: 19
“…but having run one massive operation briefly in the west end”

so this must be The Nitery, which was only ever supposed to last 3 months, but closed down after 2-3 weeks due to the lockdown (which must have been gutting obvs). There is just no reason to mention it here.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She’s getting crappy in the comments with someone who dared ask the price.

It’s funny how she’s so adamant she grew up poor/in the ends but the way she tackles this sort of content really betrays that. That’s not saying someone genuinely from that bg can’t go to these places just she’s clearly v used to going to them and can’t understand the PoV of someone who would need to know the price before even considering it.

Reactions: 10
The thing that bothers me about it isn't even the price, it's that she didn't even enjoy THE FOOD and still recommends it as though most of the country isn't currently on its' arse??

I'm luckily quite well off and enjoy spending money on food - a lot to some people I'm sure - but I still begrudge overpaying for an average meal. This reads like she's boasting that she can afford this "experience" with overpriced tit food so much she doesn't care if it's tit. And she's meant to be a food writer/blogger/whatever she is

Reactions: 11
That absolutely pathetic looking lobster cost ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE POUNDS. It’s very obvious it’s an undeclared PR invite. She’s such a grasping, duckfaced twit.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
That absolutely pathetic looking lobster cost ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE POUNDS. It’s very obvious it’s an undeclared PR invite. She’s such a grasping, duckfaced twit.
I’d read the menu then saw that but couldn’t be arsed to check if it was the same thing so thank you for confirming, and lll omg that’s abysmal. £140 would cover the most part of a tasting menu/chef’s table type of experience at a Michelin star restaurant so can’t see why you’d rather have that? Cos of the statues? 🫠

Reactions: 8
I’d read the menu then saw that but couldn’t be arsed to check if it was the same thing so thank you for confirming, and lll omg that’s abysmal. £140 would cover the most part of a tasting menu/chef’s table type of experience at a Michelin star restaurant so can’t see why you’d rather have that? Cos of the statues? 🫠
Just been to a Michelin starred restaurant for Mr Goat’s birthday. Five course tasting menu, matched wines, and two glasses of champagne EACH was £340, and it was the best meal we’ve had (and we think we’re fancy so that’s saying something).

Admittedly this was in the midlands and not central London but that scrawny af lobster cost a third of that experience for two of us? And that’s before we even get to the caviar on what looks like supermarket pizza bases.

I do get that there’s a market for these places where Gen Zs can simultaneously be nihilists over their future inability to buy a home and flex to their mates on socials, in the salt bae vein, but Gizzi is like 40 and supposedly a foodie, what’s she doing advocating for frankly tasteless conspicuous consumption? Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That food doesn't look very good at all. And her review doesn't really make it sound too good either. Or maybe it's just me not getting the tone of her review.

Reactions: 6
Agree - don’t really see the point of her whole post - unless it’s an AD in disguise 🥸

Reactions: 3
what’s she doing advocating for frankly tasteless conspicuous consumption?
Yep! It’s really weird as she’s meant to be a food professional surely you’d be hyping great independent restaurants from your network during a really tough economy rather than whatever this is? It’s really weird, I think she just wanted to drop that her bf had paid for it. Which like cool but it looks pretty tit ngl. I’m not down with gen z but surely this can’t be their cup of tea? It’s visually ghastly.

She also rated the dessert 7/10, I’m sorry but a £1 co op croissant that’s probably been coughed on by a pigeon is a 7/10, if she’s eaten a 7/10 dessert at those prices she’s been robbed bliiiind!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She’s getting crappy in the comments with someone who dared ask the price.

It’s funny how she’s so adamant she grew up poor/in the ends but the way she tackles this sort of content really betrays that. That’s not saying someone genuinely from that bg can’t go to these places just she’s clearly v used to going to them and can’t understand the PoV of someone who would need to know the price before even considering it.
Possibly because she’s getting complimentary meals? I know a foodie couple with plenty of cash to spend and they still consider if they think the price is worth trying a place. It’s not usual at all to totally disregard what something might cost.

Reactions: 4
The maitre d of the restaurant thanked her for coming in the comments so I reckon the meal was complimentary, also she mentioned about being strapped for cash recently? Can't see her paying full whack for the meals!

the tone of the review is different from her others, quite reserved and can tell she's choosing her words carefully. Personally those restaurants are not for me, especially in the times we're living in but i guess we can't ignore that the super rich still operate in places like this

Reactions: 8
Sounds like one of those places where pretentious wankers go to take instagram pics.
So I can see why she’d like it there.

Reactions: 16
I’ve seen them building this place for months now. It looks gaudy as hell and 100% that’s an undisclosed PR meal she’s had.

I have no problem with rich flashy idiots being gouged for average food in a bling-tacular palace of poor taste as long as they tip insanely well and are nice to staff. Closest we get to ‘trickle down economics’.

Gizzi though, giving no value here, except to herself. Not like her followers are going to go but I guess the restaurant gets boosted in the algorithm?

Reactions: 3
ASA report time guys?
---

Possibly because she’s getting complimentary meals? I know a foodie couple with plenty of cash to spend and they still consider if they think the price is worth trying a place. It’s not usual at all to totally disregard what something might cost.
Yeah this was my point too, I'm happy to spend stupid money on food but not if it's "good" - the whole 'review' sounds like it was actually tit

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think another poster hit the nail on the head: she’s angling herself as a food critic now as it appears all her other good avenues have dried up now.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.