Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, although I think they had major problems and fall outs over the years, I also do believe that they got on at times and had love for each other, and still do.

I think it’s such an intense thing, being thrown together with people you barely know and then spending 18 hour days working with them for months on end. People fall out but they make up and then next month another two have fallen out and blah blah blah... you get where I’m going with this. Plus all the added opportunities for jealousy, it must have been a minefield!
I remember reading an interview with another manufactured band (I think it was S Club, although I might be wrong) about rifts and arguments etc. and they pointed out, quite rightly, that being in a band is their job and, like in any job, you're not always going to get on with everybody all the time. It's not like GA were childhood friends who struggled for years to make it big, they were a group of strangers put together and launched with huge publicity and from the word go they were huge. Together they shared some incredible experiences and the fact they were all experiencing it for the first time together would have created some deep bonds but it's hard work, unbelievably intense and if you're with people who you wouldn't necessarily choose to be friends with in the 'real world' it can cause massive problems in the end. While the money is rolling in there is an incentive to keep going but eventually you come to a point where enough is enough and just like in any other job, when that happens, it's time to move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
they pointed out, quite rightly, that being in a band is their job and, like in any job, you're not always going to get on with everybody all the time.
Liam Payne said the exact same thing! I’d never thought of it like that before

Reactions: 9
Xenomania are brilliant, I never realised Here We Go on the second album was actually a cover of Miranda from Xenomania’s single under the name Moonbaby. Fab song. I also remember a group called Mini Viva had their distinctive sound but never heard any more after their second single, some of their stuff would have been good GA songs!
Lene from Aqua also did Here We Go on her solo album, (before GA), which is a brilliant album btw. Mini Viva’s One Touch is one of the greatest songs ever!

Reactions: 5
I felt Nadine was the only one with real talent and that's why the others hated her.

Always found it a shame Nadine's solo album flopped as I think it's not half bad. Nothing groundbreaking but a nice pop album to have on in the background. She got a lot of stick because she released it through Tesco but why not? At least she tried.
Nicola is also very talented, she won The Masked Singer early this year. Her voice was outstanding.

It always seemed to me like Cheryl, Kimberley and Nicola were the "in" crowd and Nadine and Sarah were left out.

Reactions: 6
SARAH'S POSTED!!!!!!

Bless her, I can't wait to get this 🥺🥺🥺🥺
I keep thinking about her, I really hope she's doing well 💟
Was watching Girls Aloud: Off The Record on YouTube, was a fab series. Back to when Cheryl was engaged to Ashley Cole (who came across really badly)

Reactions: 7
I keep thinking about her, I really hope she's doing well 💟
Was watching Girls Aloud: Off The Record on YouTube, was a fab series. Back to when Cheryl was engaged to Ashley Cole (who came across really badly)
Cheryl and Ashley both came across terribly on that....."Does anyone give a duck were at the peak of greek?!"

It's amazing what a cheating scandal and a watery eye on x factor can do for your public image!!

Reactions: 16
Cheryl and Ashley both came across terribly on that....."Does anyone give a duck were at the peak of greek?!"

It's amazing what a cheating scandal and a watery eye on x factor can do for your public image!!
I was watching Off The Record again yesterday and she was such a complainer. Especially here:

Kimberley: it’s a lovely view but...

Cheryl: a nice view of what? A nice view of mountains and buildings? You can see them on lovely pictures and photographs.

All she did was complain. It made for great TV though. 😂

Reactions: 9
My favourite line of the whole series 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"I just didnt know what to bring its all going out clobber"

• Haha
Reactions: 8

The peek of Greek 😂😂😂 I had completely forgotten about that!! Cheryl came across soooo ignorant and uninformed. Complete moany cow. Lol at the scene where her and nadine spew their guts up the morning after a massive session and Cheryl has to get back in the taxi with “puke all down me trouser”
I wish IVT2 or somewhere would show this series again it was a classic

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The peek of Greek 😂😂😂 I had completely forgotten about that!! Cheryl came across soooo ignorant and uninformed. Complete moany cow. Lol at the scene where her and nadine spew their guts up the morning after a massive session and Cheryl has to get back in the taxi with “puke all down me trouser”
I bought the Off The Record dvd last year so people might still be selling copies if you want to buy one. :)

Reactions: 1
Nicola is also very talented, she won The Masked Singer early this year. Her voice was outstanding.
I didn't see The Masked Singer but I love Nicola's solo album, Cinderella's Eyes. I was gutted when she never released another.

She also has a couple of songs not on the album called Dance the Rain and Disco, Blisters & A Comedown which are absolute bangers. Well worth a listen for anyone that hasn't heard them.

Reactions: 5
It always shocked me that just because her obviously awful husband cheated on her, Biffa was suddenly viewed as the patron Saint of woman Hood. I also don't know how anyone was able to bite their tongue on tge x factor when she started talking about them being out of tune

• Haha
Reactions: 6
'Cocktails, wine and no dinner? No wonder she's done in then.'

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It always shocked me that just because her obviously awful husband cheated on her, Biffa was suddenly viewed as the patron Saint of woman Hood. I also don't know how anyone was able to bite their tongue on tge x factor when she started talking about them being out of tune
How she spoke about Wagner was disgusting tbh!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.