Girls Aloud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved girls aloud off the record . They were the last decent 5 piece girl group. I remember one part where they stopped filming as the girls got into an argument about not all of them attending meetings . I watched the Saturdays 24/7 and it is terrible no stand out star and no interesting plots.
Agreed, I think The Saturdays had a few bops and seem like a 'nice' girl band and individually but for me the GA era was the so refreshing. Think about it, promo back in those days was so different, it was just ahead of the cusp of social media explosion and the girls had to travel to every part of the UK to promo their singles.

I don't think the new format of dropping a single without promo would have worked for them - look at Cheryl I think she got a shock at her last release and also recall her talking about how that whole scene had changed so much even since Fight For This Love.

Off-topic but I'd love to know what happened quite early on with Cheryl and Kimberly's relationship, both were besties - Nadine's Dad even urged people to vote for Kim to be in the band during Popstars: The Rivals. I wonder did Kim just gradually become close to Cheryl to form the trio with Nicola. Anyone any intel on what happened?!

Nadine does seem very different to Kim, as much as I love Nadine (she is my fav!) she would have definitely been flaky - do you remember when she 'missed her flight' when they started rehearsing Love Machine music video choreography and she missed the first day of rehearsals. As much as the scene is funny in Off The Record where she leaves the GA meeting to go to lunch with her Mum - I can easily see why Cheryl and co were pissed off, Cheryl has rearranged wedding planning. I am sure there were lots more episodes like this during the years.

Reactions: 10
Agreed, I think The Saturdays had a few bops and seem like a 'nice' girl band and individually but for me the GA era was the so refreshing. Think about it, promo back in those days was so different, it was just ahead of the cusp of social media explosion and the girls had to travel to every part of the UK to promo their singles.

I don't think the new format of dropping a single without promo would have worked for them - look at Cheryl I think she got a shock at her last release and also recall her talking about how that whole scene had changed so much even since Fight For This Love.

Off-topic but I'd love to know what happened quite early on with Cheryl and Kimberly's relationship, both were besties - Nadine's Dad even urged people to vote for Kim to be in the band during Popstars: The Rivals. I wonder did Kim just gradually become close to Cheryl to form the trio with Nicola. Anyone any intel on what happened?!

Nadine does seem very different to Kim, as much as I love Nadine (she is my fav!) she would have definitely been flaky - do you remember when she 'missed her flight' when they started rehearsing Love Machine music video choreography and she missed the first day of rehearsals. As much as the scene is funny in Off The Record where she leaves the GA meeting to go to lunch with her Mum - I can easily see why Cheryl and co were pissed off, Cheryl has rearranged wedding planning. I am sure there were lots more episodes like this during the years.
The impression I get of Kimberley is that she is nice but very weak and won't ever go against the status quo....

I'm sure we all know one, there was plenty of these types in the popular gang back in my school, really nice to me when by themselves but if they were with another more bitchier person from their crowd and that person was being mean, they'd never put their bitchy mate right. That to me is Kimberley to a T.

I think roughly around 2007 when Nadine was dating Jessie Metcalfe and had opened her bar in America she wasn't around as much that's when Kimberley really defected to the other side of Cheryl and Nicola...probably just because they were around more and whilst I love Nadine, at this time even I thought Nadine was acting like she was better than the rest of the band which can't have exactly been endearing.

Sarah, from social media/interviews seems to have been good friends with Chimola until about 2012...this has always led me to believe that Sarah possibly had descended into hard drug use around this time and the other three decided to distance themselves probably particularly because Cheryl's lost friends to heroin overdoses.... If you watch the ten tour DVD even though they've tried to edit it with slow mo, Sarah's whole movement is just soooo un co ordinated. I've since read an interview with Cheryl that said she "wasn't going into detail" But that there were things "that were never addressed which should have been" prior to the Ten Tour....

It's a fascinating dynamic honestly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The impression I get of Kimberley is that she is nice but very weak and won't ever go against the status quo....

I'm sure we all know one, there was plenty of these types in the popular gang back in my school, really nice to me when by themselves but if they were with another more bitchier person from their crowd and that person was being mean, they'd never put their bitchy mate right. That to me is Kimberley to a T.

I think roughly around 2007 when Nadine was dating Jessie Metcalfe and had opened her bar in America she wasn't around as much that's when Kimberley really defected to the other side of Cheryl and Nicola...probably just because they were around more and whilst I love Nadine, at this time even I thought Nadine was acting like she was better than the rest of the band which can't have exactly been endearing.

Sarah, from social media/interviews seems to have been good friends with Chimola until about 2012...this has always led me to believe that Sarah possibly had descended into hard drug use around this time and the other three decided to distance themselves probably particularly because Cheryl's lost friends to heroin overdoses.... If you watch the ten tour DVD even though they've tried to edit it with slow mo, Sarah's whole movement is just soooo un co ordinated. I've since read an interview with Cheryl that said she "wasn't going into detail" But that there were things "that were never addressed which should have been" prior to the Ten Tour....

It's a fascinating dynamic honestly 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yes fascinating indeed 😂 Also love your analogy re. Kimberley and that type of girl at school, I knew many of those type of girls. They were actually the worst because while they were harmless you didn't know where you stood with them or if they would say hi to you from one minute to the next. Total follow the leader mindset.

Do you think Sarah was into hard drugs? I have read that contrary to Cheryl's stance on drugs (which she was very vocal about in the early days) that she also dabbled herself. I am not so sure but it actually wouldn't surprise me if she was into her prescription drugs instead. I guess drugs especially coke are just so, so common in the industry so none of us should be surprised. Remember Kim's 'drug scandal' 🤣 maybe The Sun (I think it was them that ran the story) had more of a story and they agreed to release that as a more palatable story?!

I also think Sarah and Nadine are so different, I think because they weren't part of the Chimola gang they had no choice but to buddy-up. I am sure there was a time they were genuinely close - probably when they going through their party stage at the same time. Though this kind of continued for Sarah while everyone else around her settled down etc.

Part of me feels that at some point the girls all did get on and even now if they all met-up they still would & I was hoping that they might all reconnect through Sarah's awful ordeal. I know Cheryl and Nadine didn't really get on but again there's many photos and footage of them looking so close at time...I must be naïve because I thought you couldn't fake that!

Reactions: 8
Does anyone remember reading Chezza’s autobiography? I loved it! Always really annoyed me that she wouldn’t say what had gone on between her and Derek Hough and she had been totally honest about everything else

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember reading Chezza’s autobiography? I loved it! Always really annoyed me that she wouldn’t say what had gone on between her and Derek Hough and she had been totally honest about everything else
I didn't read it but I do remember her saying (was it in 'off the record' - someone please find the clip??) how they weren't going to be like the Spice Girls and 'slag each off in our 'autobiographies' and yep she did just that to poor Nadine.

I think someone also mentioned how she breezily mentioned how she lost her virginity to a 19 year old when she was 15 in the book?! What other gems were there? Her family/background is definitely very interesting.

That era of her dating Derek and Tre to then JB was a strange era. At the time I thought Derek was gay and he was helping her after her and Ashley finally split for good but I was totally wrong on that one!

Reactions: 5
I always thought Hough was gay? I see he is from Salt Lake City in Utah where the majority of people are Mormon and being gay is highly frowned upon. Perhaps he is closeted and she bearded for him? Which is why she didn't disclose anything?

Yes I always thought he was gay! I remember her being a bit of a witch about a few people in that book. Nicole Shirtswinger got it, Simon Cowell, Nadine, Dannii Minogue
I didn't read it but I do remember her saying (was it in 'off the record' - someone please find the clip??) how they weren't going to be like the Spice Girls and 'slag each off in our 'autobiographies' and yep she did just that to poor Nadine.

I think someone also mentioned how she breezily mentioned how she lost her virginity to a 19 year old when she was 15 in the book?! What other gems were there? Her family/background is definitely very interesting.

That era of her dating Derek and Tre to then JB was a strange era. At the time I thought Derek was gay and he was helping her after her and Ashley finally split for good but I was totally wrong on that one!
I always thought Hough was gay? I see he is from Salt Lake City in Utah where the majority of people are Mormon and being gay is highly frowned upon. Perhaps he is closeted and she bearded for him? Which is why she didn't disclose anything?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Yes fascinating indeed 😂 Also love your analogy re. Kimberley and that type of girl at school, I knew many of those type of girls. They were actually the worst because while they were harmless you didn't know where you stood with them or if they would say hi to you from one minute to the next. Total follow the leader mindset.

Do you think Sarah was into hard drugs? I have read that contrary to Cheryl's stance on drugs (which she was very vocal about in the early days) that she also dabbled herself. I am not so sure but it actually wouldn't surprise me if she was into her prescription drugs instead. I guess drugs especially coke are just so, so common in the industry so none of us should be surprised. Remember Kim's 'drug scandal' 🤣 maybe The Sun (I think it was them that ran the story) had more of a story and they agreed to release that as a more palatable story?!

I also think Sarah and Nadine are so different, I think because they weren't part of the Chimola gang they had no choice but to buddy-up. I am sure there was a time they were genuinely close - probably when they going through their party stage at the same time. Though this kind of continued for Sarah while everyone else around her settled down etc.

Part of me feels that at some point the girls all did get on and even now if they all met-up they still would & I was hoping that they might all reconnect through Sarah's awful ordeal. I know Cheryl and Nadine didn't really get on but again there's many photos and footage of them looking so close at time...I must be naïve because I thought you couldn't fake that!
Hahahaha thank you! 😘🤭

I do indeed think Sarah was/is addicted to hard drugs and that's why she was expelled from the Chimola crew in 2011/2012, it's like the age old saying there's no smoke without fire...

1. After CBB Trisha Paytas did an IG live saying Sarah was going to the diary room to be given prescription drugs and somehow a rumour started that it was methadone she was getting🤷🏻‍♀️ https://forums.digitalspy.com/discu...-awakening-threatens-to-reveal-unaired-secret
2. Her ex boyfriend Chad Johnson called her a "crack head" and made comments about her drug use. https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/sarah-harding-celebrity-big-brother-17144463
3. See pics below her appearance in a few short years has gone all weathered like one of the pictures the police in America use to warn against drug use.
download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

4. She was apparently a mess when she did ghost the musical and had to be replaced mid run. https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/whats-on/theatre-news/sarah-harding-really-bad-ghost-11902792

5. Her dancing was never the best in the band but if you compare the 2009 tour (second to last tour) with ten (final tour) it's like night and day like some things really affecting her movement...

6. The fact she was friendly with Nicola, Kim and Cheryl until she split from her fiance but then they acted like she was a vague acquaintance they only knew of loosely. So in 2010/2011 she she was in Cheryls Piers Morgan Life Stories interview giving her commentary as "cheryls friend", she went to Kimberleys Horrid Henry Premiere with Nicola that Kimbas BFF Cheryl didnt even bother attending https://www.ok.co.uk/celebrity-news/kimberley-walsh-sarah-harding-nicola-14868438 and Kim and Nicola came to her St Trinians premiere https://www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrit...gerton-Kimberley-Walsh-Nicola-Roberts-6603764, they all used to meet up without Nadine during the hiatus https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nadine-coyle-snubbed-by-girls-aloud-256421 and https://theworldofcelebrity.com/2011/09/19/girls-aloud-meet-up/ etc. etc. For Chimola to then act like "oh we were never friends with Sarah she was just someone we worked with" is odd to say the least.

7. Take all this with comments made in the press... Sarah "relieved" Girls Aloud was over after the final tour, strange choice of wording, why would you be "relieved"? relieved you could use in peace without management and the other girls pecking your head? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-22267523 Cheryl saying things were never addressed that should have been during the last tour etc. https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/tension-bust-ups-attention-grabbing-16233046....all of this brings me to the conclusion she started on really sinister drugs in 2011/2012 after splitting up from Tommy 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️🤣🤦🏻‍♀️

I've never personally got the impression Cheryl did drugs but I could be very wrong.

Cheryl and Nadine did get along in the early days I think, this is cute Nadine standing up for her, but from the start Nadine was always pitted as the voice and star of the band, but as the years progressed and as Cheryl started dating Ashley and becoming the "celebrity" of the band, I think egos just started competing and it didn't end well....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've never personally got the impression Cheryl did drugs but I could be very wrong.
There has been rumours about her being a drug addict. If true then maybe she was in recovery and that’s why she was distant from Sarah if she was still using.

• Wow
There has been rumours about her being a drug addict. If true then maybe she was in recovery and that’s why she was distant from Sarah if she was still using.
I didn't know that! But yes could very well be

Reactions: 3
I have read that contrary to Cheryl's stance on drugs (which she was very vocal about in the early days) that she also dabbled herself. I am not so sure but it actually wouldn't surprise me if she was into her prescription drugs instead.
That's what I read somewhere and in connection with her marriage to that Fernandez person.

Reactions: 4
I’d say they all probably did drugs. Even Nadine. I remember photos going around after the hiatus and she looked emaciated.

Reactions: 7
Cheryl moaned constantly throughout GA off the record (“ahv got spew up me trowsas” was a personal favourite) but at least she was actually being herself. The last thing I watched her on was Who Do You Think You Are? and you’d think she’d had a lobotomy. Completely dead behind the eyes and devoid of any personality.
I saw that. She came across as being as thick as two short planks. Really awful.

I really loved Sarah before she went off the rails. She was so beautiful and she was a better style icon than Posh back in the day.

Apparently she posted on IG the other day, her book is coming out on 18th March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.