Gilmore Girls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate the American TV Trope of secretly having rich, well connected relatives, because it's so unfathomable that otherwise a POOR PERSON could be successful.

Especially distasteful was the way Rory's grandad basically bought her a place at an Ivy by knowing the right people and getting her an in. How is that portrayed as such a good thing and not the most egregious and gross example of institutional corruption.

TBH the only thing I liked about the show was Paris. Team Paris.

Reactions: 8
I’m rewatching it just now and on Season 2! I forgot how much I love Gilmore Girls but my god, Dean is such a knob! 🤣 Team Jess all the way for me! It’s criminal how underrated Michel is though!

Reactions: 6
I’m midway through season 6, rewatching for the 10th time or so, and I’m not sure I can be bothered to keep going knowing it just gets worse and worse. The Luke/Lorelai/April nonsense is ridiculous, as is them postponing a June wedding in winter, it’s months away! Ugh maybe I’ll just stop here 😂

Reactions: 4
The April stuff was so contrived and awful. Although I never actually hated April (or the actress at least). I quite liked she was a bit nerdy and had a lisp, and she was still nerdy in the reunion!

Reactions: 2
I used to love it but if I try and rewatch I literally stop when Logan comes on the scene - literally the worst character

Reactions: 1
Omg I didn't know there was a Gilmore Girls thread!!! I've grown up with the show, and my family has watched it more times than I can count. What are everyone's favourite episodes? My all-time favourite is Liz and TJ's wedding where Luke and Lorelai dance together - Luke can waltz! I also love series 6 when Jess comes back and talks some sense into Rory - wHy DiD yOu DrOp OuT oF YaLeEeEeeeee?! (you have to read that in the Jess voice haha) - and when Emily chats tit to Logan's mother. Oh, and series 1 where Richard has his first heart attack and Luke comes to the hospital with Lorelai.

I hated the revival, but I did cry buckets when Rory went into Richard's old study to write her book at the end of the final episode. I missed Edward Hermann's performance as Richard a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I used to love it but if I try and rewatch I literally stop when Logan comes on the scene - literally the worst character
I actually like Logan the most out of all of Rory's blokes. He was a spoilt little hole but didn't pretend to be anything else, unlike Rory. It was a stupid mistake for Rory not to marry him.

I usually want to punch Lorelei by about season 3!

Reactions: 11
One of the worst Lorelei moments for me was leaving Max before the wedding. I usually love her, but it was quite low.

One of my favourite Lorelei moments was the I Will Always Love You karaoke.

Reactions: 7
One of my favs is the house party where Dean and Jess fight and then Lorelai picks Rory up ‘this litter is because of you? this fence is broken because of you?! Did you ever know that your my hero....”🤣🤣

My favourite scenes are the ones with Paris, I love her and I also love Doyle. Their “last year I was sleeping with the editor” ‘and this year I am!’ at Rory’s 21st was comedy gold.

Reactions: 13
I’ve continued a bit with my S6 rewatch... Rory taking Logan back AGAIN after she finds out at his sisters wedding he slept with lots girls during their break. She felt cheated on, and was angry for all of 5 minutes, and then pow they’re back together. I really dislike them together! Jess is my favourite, although S3 was quite piss poor in terms of effort to show him as anything other than a cartoon BAD BOY. Bless him.

Reactions: 2
I’ve continued a bit with my S6 rewatch... Rory taking Logan back AGAIN after she finds out at his sisters wedding he slept with lots girls during their break. She felt cheated on, and was angry for all of 5 minutes, and then pow they’re back together. I really dislike them together! Jess is my favourite, although S3 was quite piss poor in terms of effort to show him as anything other than a cartoon BAD BOY. Bless him.
You are at the same part as me. Watched this one last night in utter disbelief. Let's face it Rory is with Logan because she wants to be somebody. She already swanned around like she owned the place and now she can say she's with a Huntzberger just to top it off. I don't think Logan is that bad, he is a product of his upbringing. He's not the worst reflection of a spoilt rich boy I've ever seen. I think the worst scene I've seen was everybody at the paper suddenly voting Rory as editor when she wasn't even up for it. Cringe. Why does everyone lick her hole? She's not that special.

I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m rewatching, I’m on season 5. I’m personally team Jess, and always will be, but I do think Logan is better suited to Rory. On my first watch through, I really liked Rory and Lorelei, but now I’m not so sure. They entitlement is incredible. 😂 I know it’s just a tv show but why do they think the world owes them something. That’s why I think Logan is better suited to Rory, cos she was an easy life as rich woman who gets everything she wants 😂

I do love the show and always will, I just don’t particularly enjoy the fact that it’s set around a family who pretend to be hard done by but are actually beyond privileged 😂 So glad I’ve found people to talk about this to!

I’m so glad I found this thread! I’m rewatching, I’m on season 5. I’m personally team Jess, and always will be, but I do think Logan is better suited to Rory. On my first watch through, I really liked Rory and Lorelei, but now I’m not so sure. They entitlement is incredible. 😂 I know it’s just a tv show but why do they think the world owes them something. That’s why I think Logan is better suited to Rory, cos she was an easy life as rich woman who gets everything she wants 😂

I do love the show and always will, I just don’t particularly enjoy the fact that it’s set around a family who pretend to be hard done by but are actually beyond privileged 😂 So glad I’ve found people to talk about this to!
I adore the show but completely agree with you! There's an ep where Lorelai cancels her magazine subscriptions to try and save money and turns off her lamp on her side table to "save" on electricity and it just makes me cringe. Your parents are multi-millionaires Lorelai 😅

I also love when Logan calls Rory out on her entitlement in series 7 when she writes that nasty article about people at his business launch party - "Wake up Rory whether you like it or not, you’re one of us. You went to prep school. You go to Yale. Your grandparents are building a whole damn astronomy building in your name."

I can’t stand that they pretend to be ‘poor’! Rory gets handed everything, her grandparents pay for her to attend the best schools, she gets a job after college through her boyfriend at the time, she got a free trip to Europe through her grandmother....And also, when people are genuinely on a budget, do they order a takeaway every night?! No! 😂
One thing I don’t like is how Emily speaks to her help. I know the show is getting old now but it just doesn’t sit well with me.

I’m glad to see Melissa McCarthy has been really successful. I like her character. My faves from the show are probably Lane, although I think they did her dirty with her end story line, and Paris. I think Paris is similar to Rory in many ways, without the entitlement that Rory has. Paris is also a multifaceted character whereas I find Rory a bit boring, she’s just a spoilt girl who is obsessed with male attention.

Reactions: 5
I‘m almost done with season 6 now and would like to change my favorite bf answer to Logan! The cheating bit was horrible but I guess if he thought they were broken up it makes it ... a tiny bit less bad? At least Rory got a taste of her own medicine after what she did to Lindsey! Plus she kisses Jess when she and Logan definitely were together...

Still hate Rory and Lorelei. April‘s storyline feels very out of place and like the writer‘s desperately want Luke and Lorelei to split up.
Emily is getting on my nerve now too
Lane and Zach are very cute. I like how Mrs Kim character is developing!

Reactions: 5
I‘m almost done with season 6 now and would like to change my favorite bf answer to Logan! The cheating bit was horrible but I guess if he thought they were broken up it makes it ... a tiny bit less bad? At least Rory got a taste of her own medicine after what she did to Lindsey! Plus she kisses Jess when she and Logan definitely were together...

Still hate Rory and Lorelei. April‘s storyline feels very out of place and like the writer‘s desperately want Luke and Lorelei to split up.
Emily is getting on my nerve now too
Lane and Zach are very cute. I like how Mrs Kim character is developing!
Yeah I feel like older me is more pro Logan. He def has his issues but I think he develops a lot as a character. I loved Jess back in the day but the scene at the party where he gets mad because Rory doesn't want to have sex is notttt ok.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I feel like older me is more pro Logan. He def has his issues but I think he develops a lot as a character. I loved Jess back in the day but the scene at the party where he gets mad because Rory doesn't want to have sex is notttt ok.
I feel the same. I was a big Jess fan but now I’m more inclined to say I’m more of a Logan fan. Sure he has his faults and has made mistakes but I do think him and Rory could have had a good life together. Although I do like Jess a lot

Paris Geller is literally the only thing I like about this show.
"Now I'm not in the habit of quoting Joseph Stalin..."

• Haha