Georgie Crawford / The Good Glow

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just listened to the latest episode. I do think Georgie seems like her whole life revolves around her having cancer before. I think the concept for the podcast is really good but it is ruined by influencers. I know a lot of people stopped listening after the Terrie McEvoy episode where she is praised as a hero. I don’t think Georgie is a stupid girl. She knows Terrie is not the picture of a frontline hero. It would definitely be much more valuable if she had regular people on telling their stories. She’s even had repeat guests on it. It could be really great but she’s not making it the best it could be. I feel sorry for her having went through cancer but the way she talks about it and building a business out of it almost seems like she revels in the idea.

Reactions: 11
Just listened to the latest episode. I do think Georgie seems like her whole life revolves around her having cancer before. I think the concept for the podcast is really good but it is ruined by influencers. I know a lot of people stopped listening after the Terrie McEvoy episode where she is praised as a hero. I don’t think Georgie is a stupid girl. She knows Terrie is not the picture of a frontline hero. It would definitely be much more valuable if she had regular people on telling their stories. She’s even had repeat guests on it. It could be really great but she’s not making it the best it could be. I feel sorry for her having went through cancer but the way she talks about it and building a business out of it almost seems like she revels in the idea.
Yeah it's just a constant stream of influencers, I don't know how that equates to being qualified to talk about wellness or whatever the concept is! I just scrolled through the episode list, the likes of Terrie and Rosie have been on twice! 🙈 it definitely has potential to be a good podcast, but she comes across as just wanting to have a platform to relive her cancer and have her insta friends on so they can tell each other how inspiring they are. Would definitely benefit from having more interesting non-influencer guests!

Reactions: 9
I did like the episode with Shannen Joyce - I had heard of her but did not follow her on insta. I felt that Georgie almost let her talk more without butting in with her own story. It was interesting to hear about lymphoma and all the treatment and transplant etc because I had no idea. I don’t know how much she talks about that on her own insta though...

I kind of liked how Georgie addressed the comments about how cancer defines her etc instead of just saying “be kind, trolls” and so on. That was kind of nice to see. Hopefully she will have some more interesting guests on soon not those bunch of yahoos 😂

Reactions: 4
Another influencer on this week. Like would she not think of getting someone normal maybe from the front line. I think this podcast has run its course. Had huge potential before the constant influencers on to promote themselves.

Reactions: 6
Why does she have the good glows insta page as private. Bit odd if she is promoting the podcast and other ventures such as the plastic tat she was selling.

Anyone else think she has the smuggest face?

Reactions: 8
Listened to this podcast when it started out as i know of her through school friends but the constant stream of influencers harping on about their challenges and how they overcome hardship made me turn off. Way better ways to spend an hour listening to any other podcast...when the passion for hydration and water bottle for €17 started I couldn’t help but laugh!

Reactions: 5
She’s at it again bringing out good glow gratitude cards very similar to Sinead Dehora
I bet she’ll bring out a journal next yr

Well she did it already with the water bottles so I was expecting something. I was thinking journal but probably missed the boat for December. Didn’t think she’d copy Sinead with the cards though. Journal by oct this year I’d say. Cut throat industry and they all pretend to be friends

Reactions: 1
Its such a rip off reality. Mindfulness and gratitude is not a money making practice in its concept. Gratitude cards are just a way to scam vulnerable followers who look at her polished life with blind envy. I know her and her husband have had difficult times with their health but this whole gratitude plugging piece i just find so false.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I stopped listening after terror the Saint on, after sge had cured all of covid. It was bulls***.
I listened to dominique nugent (I quite like her and applaud what she's done) and all I could gear was phone vibrations, anyone else?
The breathing in the mic always grated on me. Audrey and herself seem desperate for attention, georgie less so with her cancer but it's just a pukefest

Reactions: 3
I knew the Jess Reddan one would come sooner rather than later on her podcast. Again another influencer. At a time during a pandemic shouldn’t she be getting people who are fighting this struggle on to her show. Think she could rename it the “Influencers Promotion Pod” at this stage. Strange she has named her guest this far out from Sunday. I wonder are ratings dropping. Keep the phone off during this pod Georgie! Bzzz bzzz

Reactions: 7
Before it even happens I know Jess is going to spew out a load of tit Instagram quotes as if she conjured them herself. “Be the light you want to see in the world” “everyone is going through something you know nothing about”. f*** off. Her journal cracks me up filled with quotes she definitely got off some positivity page. Today’s thoughts in her journal are just all positivity quotes 😭 Then rephrases them while trying to talk and over smile at the same time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I was absolutely disgusted when Georgie interviewed Nicola Lavin, a lady who suffered with Lyme disease. I feel sorry for her but she is the most dishonest non transparent person. A couple of months back on her blog she ran a competition with Maldron hotels, bearing in mind she never runs competitions. Her SISTER was the winner.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Jodie Wood on this weeks podcasts. This shows exactly where they are at with this show now. A promising start but just piling it n every influencer now. And the amount of people who just bounce from one to the other. I said it before, if she got some every day people on. People from the front line it would serve such a better purpose. Garbage now

Reactions: 5
Given how she says tomorrow’s podcast is about Jodie’s birth story, you would think she could have spelt ‘NICU’ correctly...giving tignam a run for her money.

Tried to watch her announcement about her new health venture or whatever it is but I couldn’t get past 20 seconds as I’m so distracted by her hair falling over her eye. If you’re trying to be genuine hiding half your face isn’t a good way to start.

Who is the latest on her podcast? Is it another influencer or just a friend of hers? I’m interested to see are people still listening to her podcast? I’ve lost complete interest

Tried to watch her announcement about her new health venture or whatever it is but I couldn’t get past 20 seconds as I’m so distracted by her hair falling over her eye. If you’re trying to be genuine hiding half your face isn’t a good way to start.
I quiet like her podcast though I do agree that there’s too many influencers on it these days but I have to agree about her hair over her eye. She gave us a corporate talk a few months ago over zoom and her hair over her eye constantly was so distracting and annoying especially when these talks are not face to face these days. A distraction like that is so much more obvious when you’re just staring at the person’s face on a computer screen.

Reactions: 2