Georgie Coleridge Cole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, long before I unfollowed everything after the BLM debacle I’d already stopped listening to the podcast episodes that included Charlotte. I know she can’t help her background but she seems so out of touch of what real life is like for the majority of their listeners

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I agree, long before I unfollowed everything after the BLM debacle I’d already stopped listening to the podcast episodes that included Charlotte. I know she can’t help her background but she seems so out of touch of what real life is like for the majority of their listeners
Yes, I feel that way about a lot of the team. It's a shame as I love the whole concept and some of the girls seem great.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I can’t stand Charlotte. Unfortunately she seems to be Georgie’s darling but it’s clear she’s a bit of a mean girl and while I think she probably feels she’s very fashion forward, she looks awful in most of the stuff she wears. I don’t love Lu Hough but you can’t fault her sense of style, it suits her.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can’t stand Charlotte. Unfortunately she seems to be Georgie’s darling but it’s clear she’s a bit of a mean girl and while I think she probably feels she’s very fashion forward, she looks awful in most of the stuff she wears. I don’t love Lu Hough but you can’t fault her sense of style, it suits her.
Yeah I don't mind watching Charlotte on BTS but I'd absolutely hate to work with her, I think she would be really bitchy and difficult. With that being said I'd hate to work for Georgie too, she seems to have a bit of a temper and is very much her way or no way. I think if you weren't part of the mean girls club you'd really struggle to work there, seems very cliquey.

Reactions: 7
I was coming to say the same. This is so off the mark.

Update - She’s deleted it... I was literally just commenting and it disappeared. I hope she acknowledges she got it wrong here

Reactions: 5
Oh my god I can’t believe she posted that. Yes okay for you, rich, privileged Georgie, not so much for people working shifts on minimum wage who have no choice but to walk or get the night bus home alone late at night. I’m shocked she could be so tone deaf after the backlash Davina received after similar comments

Reactions: 10
Came to see if this has been mentioned. 😬 She shared some messages in her stories of people supportive of her but I had missed the initial post. It’s less bad than I expected? Still bad tho. I don’t think she will take the feedback and comments pointing out the problems on board. I like GCC but she seems reluctant to admit she’s wrong sometimes.

Reactions: 1
That is what annoyed me is that I actually saw the main post and everyone commenting underneath did it in a respectful way saying they were fans but didn’t think the messaging was right here as it implicitly looks like victim blaming, which surely wasn’t the intention. What annoys me is instead of of engaging she just deletes the post and then double downs in the stories on it literally just repeating what she originally said and then says “sorry if it came across wrong” so quietly you can barely hear her. Why couldn’t she just engage and say I understand how it came across like that it but totally wasn’t my intention etc. She’s left me with a bad taste in my mouth bc the way she’s saying this sounds like victim blaming.

That post from Georgie just goes to show how out of touch with reality she is. Women shouldn't have to have a chaperone with them and it is incredibly naive to think that most women in London can always hop into a cab or have someone with them.

On another note, I watched the latest Sheerluxe show and noticed there were a bunch of comments about how they should be more inclusive in who they have showing clothes. I completely agree, would be great to see someone trying on jeans that isn't a size 8 or 10. They had to be called out about their staff about BLM and diversity and clearly Georgie thought they had ticked that box. But most of the staff we see are still slim, white blonde women.

Reactions: 6
That is what annoyed me is that I actually saw the main post and everyone commenting underneath did it in a respectful way saying they were fans but didn’t think the messaging was right here as it implicitly looks like victim blaming, which surely wasn’t the intention. What annoys me is instead of of engaging she just deletes the post and then double downs in the stories on it literally just repeating what she originally said and then says “sorry if it came across wrong” so quietly you can barely hear her. Why couldn’t she just engage and say I understand how it came across like that it but totally wasn’t my intention etc. She’s left me with a bad taste in my mouth bc the way she’s saying this sounds like victim blaming.
Georgie went to boarding school and is indeed very privileged. She’s not had to walk home after school clubs when the nights are closing in, or wait ages for a bus home which doesn’t turn up and decide it’s quicker to walk home instead. She hasn’t been brought up in the real world. I’d have thought all this time working in Sheerluxe and mixing with her staff she’d be a bit more clued up. I used to like Sheerluxe but had to unsubscribe from their stuff and it’s just so out of touch. The behind the scenes videos are good but some comments from Georgie has shown her true colours. Don’t get me started on her views on gender and how boys should be boys and girls should be girls..... 🙄

Reactions: 9
Georgie went to boarding school and is indeed very privileged. She’s not had to walk home after school clubs when the nights are closing in, or wait ages for a bus home which doesn’t turn up and decide it’s quicker to walk home instead. She hasn’t been brought up in the real world. I’d have thought all this time working in Sheerluxe and mixing with her staff she’d be a bit more clued up. I used to like Sheerluxe but had to unsubscribe from their stuff and it’s just so out of touch. The behind the scenes videos are good but some comments from Georgie has shown her true colours. Don’t get me started on her views on gender and how boys should be boys and girls should be girls..... 🙄
Completely agree with all of this. That's her main issue - the privileged upbringing she's had making her out of touch. It seems that her children will be the same way, she even has a nanny. She does not live in the real world.

I was a massive fan of GCG after discovering SheerLuxe BTS. She seemed like a breath of fresh air from other influencers - a smart, ambitious and hardworking business woman.
During the first lockdown last March she started posting lots of screenshots of anti-lockdown articles, with captions essentially saying that the health of the economy was more important than the minority of people who would get seriously ill if they caught covid. I sent her a very polite message saying that I felt the message was irresponsible to share with her large following, and she responded so rudely and blocked me! I was quite upset as I had looked up to her for so long and really admired her but I think the her response to the pandemic, BLM protests, and the death of Sarah Everad has really shown her true colours.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I was a massive fan of GCG after discovering SheerLuxe BTS. She seemed like a breath of fresh air from other influencers - a smart, ambitious and hardworking business woman.
During the first lockdown last March she started posting lots of screenshots of anti-lockdown articles, with captions essentially saying that the health of the economy was more important than the minority of people who would get seriously ill if they caught covid. I sent her a very polite message saying that I felt the message was irresponsible to share with her large following, and she responded so rudely and blocked me! I was quite upset as I had looked up to her for so long and really admired her but I think the her response to the pandemic, BLM protests, and the death of Sarah Everad has really shown her true colours.
Sorry to be nosey, but do u have a screenshot of her rude reply? She's forever going on about supporting women but that time dearly post about Sarah Everad shows how she lives in her own bubble amd can only relate to women inside of it.

Reactions: 3
Tone deaf Georgie strikes again :rolleyes: View attachment 480656
omg this is completely out of touch. She may as well added, "key tip, if you ever feel unsafe alone on the street at night, just jump in a taxi!" This is the type of comment you expect from a pro-Trump, anti-vax, bleach blonde, fake tata Orange County housewife to tweet from her McMansion, not a London businesswoman who runs a media outlet. In this day and age, you would assume GCG to have some wherewithal of her extreme privilege, even if she does come from a comfortable family/sheltered upbringing.

You would think these public figures would hire PR people to review their content before posting (unless of course, she does have this type of assistance, and her PR rep is one of her friends from an equally out of touch background). 😒

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I love Sheerluxe and Georgie but do have to agree about Charlotte. She looks down her nose at other girls and her accent is fake, she’s let it slip a few times. Does my head in.
Not overly convinced on Lu either. I like Georgie and Laura Black.

Reactions: 3
I knew the family well and am happy to answer questions. They are racist, homophobic, spoilt and cruel to animals.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.