Georgie Coleridge Cole

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoy Sheerluxe content but she handled BLM stuff really badly earlier this year - her husband ended up wading in and replying to comments.

I’d love to know more about her family and where the money comes from.

Reactions: 7
I didn't know there was a thread for Georgie, I wondered if anyone else here watches Sheerluxe! I love Georgie's style and really enjoy BTS but I have to agree with @Bleurghgram that I don't think she handled the BLM well at all. I also don't appreciate how she seemed to never wear a mask (or forgets to wear one) and that it didn't seem that Sheerluxe were taking the social distancing precautions seriously either.

Reactions: 5
I haven’t been following long enough to know about BLM but thahs disappointing.... otherwise I am obsessed with her house, it’s absolute goals 👀 I know the area where it is (vaguely not exactly) and with all that renovation and interior design ... it must have cost a total bomb. She also is totally glam, I think she could put a sack on and make it look chic. Wish I could

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I used to love watching her on BTS but sadly the way she runs Sheerluxe made me have to unfollow. She handled BLM awfully and there’s a reason every person in that office is an identical middle class woman (unpaid internships)

Can you tell me more about this? what happened.

I used to love watching her on BTS but sadly the way she runs Sheerluxe made me have to unfollow. She handled BLM awfully and there’s a reason every person in that office is an identical middle class woman (unpaid internships)

So they jumped on the BLM bandwagon despite not employing a single person of colour so obviously there was a huge backlash. Then instead of holding their hands up and admitting they needed to change, Georgie turned it into a massive “woe is me, look at all these people being mean about me”. Even more pathetically her husband started replying publically to the messages asking people to please stop being so mean to his poor upset wife. Then if I remember correctly he actually started getting quite nasty.
To be fair I think they have since started doing more but I had to unfollow after that. It was around a similar time that they also promised to donate a certain amount of money to the NHS in exchange for new subscribers which I thought was pretty distasteful.

The main thing I remember from the BLM fiasco was when Georgie tried to justify why Sheerluxe are all white, skinny middle class women by claiming no minorities applied or were qualified for the jobs.

I was watching an old BTS episode where Georgie was talking about hiring someone (I think it was the role that Lu eventually got) and she says something like I really liked this woman we really got on and then I found out she's a lesbian and thought wow I would never have thought that. While it's not a reason to hire someone I thought wouldn't it be good for us to have a lesbian. All I could think of was wow what a sheltered life you must live if you think it's a big deal to hire a lesbian. Her intentions might be good but I don't think she knows how to go about it in the right way and she just comes across incredibly sheltered.

Reactions: 4
Yes sorry I completely forgot that part. She definitely very loudly claimed that they don’t have any poc or minorities applying to them.

I work in a very similar industry to Sheerluxe in London where they are and I can guarantee that’s just not true. Maybe for their unpaid internships which can only be taken by people whose parents can afford to support them while they work for free

Reactions: 5
I absolutely love her! She inspired me to quit my job a couple of years and go full-time with my business.

Regarding the BLM stuff, yeah I think she could have handled it a bit better but at least she's making the effort to understand it (with the focus groups, podcasts, etc.). As a white women, it helped to make me aware of the issues too. And if I remember correctly, she did recently hire a couple of black employees/contributors too. It's a tough balance though because I feel she should still hire employees based on merit, but more diversity would be nice.

• Haha
I enjoy Sheerluxe content but she handled BLM stuff really badly earlier this year - her husband ended up wading in and replying to comments.

I’d love to know more about her family and where the money comes from.
I didn’t see this! I always assumed the money was self earned, she works really hard it seems. Do you have screenshots?

I didn’t see this! I always assumed the money was self earned, she works really hard it seems. Do you have screenshots?
Her money is self earned though. I mean, you can tell she comes from a privileged background (she even mentioned she went to boarding school as well as the obvious accent she has) but she has her own business.

I absolutely love her! She inspired me to quit my job a couple of years and go full-time with my business.

Regarding the BLM stuff, yeah I think she could have handled it a bit better but at least she's making the effort to understand it (with the focus groups, podcasts, etc.). As a white women, it helped to make me aware of the issues too. And if I remember correctly, she did recently hire a couple of black employees/contributors too. It's a tough balance though because I feel she should still hire employees based on merit, but more diversity would be nice.
So much wrong with your comment....

How can you simply shrug off actions that have caused so much hurt to people? Would you say 'Jimmy Saville, yeah he was a bit gropey but he was such a good presenter?' Oh and let's not forget that the BBC employed him based on merit. Sometimes there are other factors that should be taken into consideration.

So much wrong with your comment....

How can you simply shrug off actions that have caused so much hurt to people? Would you say 'Jimmy Saville, yeah he was a bit gropey but he was such a good presenter?' Oh and let's not forget that the BBC employed him based on merit. Sometimes there are other factors that should be taken into consideration.
I didn't mean any harm by it (it's pretty difficult to express feelings and emotions through text) and I definitely haven't shrugged it off. Let me explain.

All I'm saying is I don't think it was intentional and at least her company is trying to make a positive change which a lot of people respect. What if she ignored the BLM stuff completely and just went on as normal? And I definitely don't think she or her employees are racist and you can't compare them to Jimmy Saville. They've clearly shown her they're capable for their jobs and she hired them. Even recently, she hired a couple of Black employees and she had to have hired them on merit too.

You mentioned other factors should be taken into consideration, which I completely agree with too. Like I know the civil service has a summer internship which is geared towards people from BAME backgrounds and people from lower socio-economic backgrounds, but they are a really big organisation which are able to do that. If I'm not mistaken SL is still a relatively small company, I don't know the exact number but it definitely has fewer than 50 employees so of course they will need to hire the best of the best which is based on merit/experience/interview performance, which definitely can include Black people too (as evident with her new employees). I just think she gets a bit too much flack.

My company is much smaller (it only has 12 employees) but we still have diversity and we still hire on merit due to being small and with many competitors in the same industry. Yes, we could definitely improve and I hope to do so as it hopefully grows in the future as I have been made more aware of the issues.

Reactions: 3
I like her!! Did they handle the BLM thing badly yes have they done something about it yes so to me that’s a positive! The work she does with the charity that supports offenders is amazing and I don’t think there’s many companies that would take on an initiative like that!
I’d love to work at sheerluxe!

I like her!! Did they handle the BLM thing badly yes have they done something about it yes so to me that’s a positive! The work she does with the charity that supports offenders is amazing and I don’t think there’s many companies that would take on an initiative like that!
I’d love to work at sheerluxe!
I can’t help but feel she / they are only persuing the BLM agenda to be seen to be politically correct. She was so defensive when she was called out on this she can’t take criticism at all.
I didn’t unfollow because of this but a short time late a influencer called her out for using content created by a woman of colour without credit and she was brutal with her and played the sympathy card with her fans. The influencer had recently gone through a horrific still birth and Georgie was just cruel. Showed her true colours to me.

Reactions: 8
I'm sort of in disagreement here - I like Sheerluxe but I really don't like Georgie! Can't stand her or Charlotte. I used to enjoy the Sheerluxe Show on YouTube when Olivia Wayne was the regular presenter but I find something so stuck up about Charlotte and Georgie. I feel like they're the mean girls of the office, so many snide remarks if you watch the BTS videos. I also can't stand how Charlotte has a face like a slapped arse in every single photo of her, she clearly loves herself. I like Lu, she seems sweet, and I like Heather as she's not the usual skinny, blonde, upper-middle class type like most of the office. I also agree that Georgie handles the whole BLM situation poorly. She even got rid of her Instagram.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.