Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Anne1448

VIP Member
I used to watch BTS religiously and read SheerLuxe every morning. But after Georgie's comments about the Sarah Everard situation I was absolutely disgusted.

She reeks of privilege and ignorance. How can you live in London which is the most diverse city in the world and be so ignorant is beyond me.

I may live in the deep Irish countryside but even I know that going online and claiming that "women should know better than to walk out at night by themselves instead of taking a cab" is absolutely ignorant.

Do not get me started on her claiming that we should stop women's day because we are finally equal to men. Especially when most if not all of them are married to men working in finance because we all know that they can't afford that lifestyle with their salary in PR.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Seems like a place where posh and wealthy girls from "the right" schools go to work. A modern day finishing school with Ms. Cole as the head mistress! :D
I think the scene in this week's BTS where Georgie pulls up in her Tesla and Charlotte in her Porsche epitomises this. Also, seems like all of Georgie's favs drive into work even though many of them live locally - that's not really the norm in London, at least not in the places I've worked!

• Sad
Reactions: 21

Anne1448

VIP Member
Out of interest though, what happens if there isn’t a woman of colour with suitable experience for a senior leadership role? Are Sheerluxe supposed to not promote someone who already works there who is white and deserves the role, just to be inclusive? In my opinion, always trying to be ‘inclusive’ actually ends up excluding many - in particular those who may have worked there for years who just happen to be white (which isn’t their fault).
The idea that there isn't a single woman of colour in London with PR experience is ludicrous and borderline racist. I am not saying that YOU are racist but Sheerluxe and in particular, Georgie is borderline racist. There are tons of woman of colour with Marketing experience in London but they won't work in a toxic environment.

Sheerluxe lack clear diversity because Georgie's vision and environment attracts the typical upper class, skinny blond women. No woman of colour wants to work in an environment where she will have to deal with Georgie's passive aggressiveness. Heck, I stopped watching Sheerluxe for 2 years due to their ignorant comments.

It is not just a diversity problem linked to skin colour but financial background too. If you watched Sheerluxe for years, you probably noticed that the less wealthy team members are NEVER shown. Whether it is their outfit of the day, day in the life, what's in my bag or anything. Even amongst the new members, some are pushed forward a lot more because they can afford the luxury products that Sheerluxe senior staff members deemed worthy enough to be seen. And these members who are never shown are also white BUT they do not fit the skinny and blond vision that Georgie want.

Reactions: 21

MinnnieMouse

Just watched this weeks BTS and all the love and advertising Lockdown Liquor gets really annoys me. If you look at GCC's instagram, the couple that run it are clearly good friends of hers and are also seriously rich, well connected business people. She always goes on about how they are an overnight success but it's hardly like they are your average Joe who started up a business in their kitchen during lockdown. They had her plugging their product every five minutes as well so had access to a huge audience from the second they bottled their first Picante.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18

Anne1448

VIP Member
Suggestion 2 : Rich got let go, BTS is a fiasco, if you like working for a wacko join blush tobacco

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I was a massive fan of GCG after discovering SheerLuxe BTS. She seemed like a breath of fresh air from other influencers - a smart, ambitious and hardworking business woman.
During the first lockdown last March she started posting lots of screenshots of anti-lockdown articles, with captions essentially saying that the health of the economy was more important than the minority of people who would get seriously ill if they caught covid. I sent her a very polite message saying that I felt the message was irresponsible to share with her large following, and she responded so rudely and blocked me! I was quite upset as I had looked up to her for so long and really admired her but I think the her response to the pandemic, BLM protests, and the death of Sarah Everad has really shown her true colours.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry

Dollyp

Chatty Member
Fashion magazine work and journalism has always been poorly paid.

The ladies who buy the Chanel bags, Celine bags at Sheerluxe are mainly GCC who owns Sheerluxe, is clearly from money & whose husband clearly has a six figure plus job in the city, Charlotte is also from a privilege background and husband works in finance, Hodge again, appears to be minted and her wardrobe is literally insane!!! obviously she has no need to work & her Sheerluxe wage is just blown on her wardrobe. They also get a lot of gifted products to wear, it was quite clear Anine Bing sent Lu & GCC a box of gifted products on the last BTS.

It’s the interns and minors at Sheerluxe who are dressed in H&M & Zara who sadly feel they have to apologise to Rich when he does feature them on ‘what are you wearing?’ They sadly will not be able to buy the handbags on those salaries and are most probably made to feel inferior by these privileged women … hence the shit reviews on glass door and revolving door of support staff.

Last edited:
  • Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
It's quite clear GCC has big plans for Sheerluxe and wants it all to be super glossy and polished. They've moved into their new offices, they've got new sets etc. BTS wasn't particularly polished, there was a rawness about it which I think is what many of us liked. I could see GCC wanting to change the format and Rich not being happy with it and coming down to creative differences and so instead of producing something shitty he has 'not prioritised Sheerluxe' instead.

Sheerluxe have also been hiring for videographers lately and from a money point of view it probably makes more sense financially to have the in house team film BTS.

As Rich is quite a key character of BTS, I think they should have approached it differently and explained it differently rather than just dropping it into the show and being like here you go guys, new format! bye!

Edited just to add and apologies for the long post! I've just looked Rich up on Instagram and the last BTS he posted in the comments he says see you in the fall. Between that and the fact he isn't following GCC anymore says that there has been some kind of falling out between the 2 of them.

I'm waiting for GCC to post some stroppy stories about how the haters are making comments about Rich but BTS was never about Rich it was about HER. 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

Miss Trunchbull

VIP Member
Sorry it’s the way I typed it I assume, it should have read/ I wonder is she (as in Lu) annoyed at Charlotte’s promotion. I just don’t feel that Lu is very Sheerluxe. When she goes to the events she seems to be tagged on rather than living and breathing sheerluxe if that makes sense. The brand is going much more show/YouTube/podcast focused in my opinion. Lu is clearly uncomfortable with the face on camera style, I feel she would be more suited to a much more fashion forward/design led magazine… sheerluxe is too high-street/commercial/money/profit led for her I think.
I honestly think Sheerluxe is high end QVC

• Haha
Reactions: 14

spicebaggorl

I wonder if the addition of BTS into the show was a way for them to test the water and judge the viewers' reaction?

To be honest, I've never seen their comment section so active. This was probably the first time that a bunch of silent viewers got together to tell them that they were taking a shitty direction.

Georgie is probably fuming as we speak 🤣
It just didn’t fit for me. The standalone episodes were much better and I always felt that Rich brought a good energy? A real shame. I hope they recognised he was a massive addition for them and not just the person filming 😞

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
I have to admit they all make me feel a little uncomfortable, I know it’s the ‘look’ skinny and blond etc but since Polly became insta famous she has really lost weight and now looks so drawn and gaunt, like she’s been on the h-plan diet 😝 it just seems such a shame that they feel they need to look this way. GGC is the same. It’s a very unhealthy way to live and I’d hate to live in that false environment where you feel the need to meet these expectations.

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Wow this comment is not professional. "couldn't prioritise us" i.e. couldn't drop everything for Georgie? Or was she annoyed he was starting to take other fashion and beauty jobs? That doesn't really explain why they've decided to put it into the show as opposed to it being standalone episodes. I bet Georgie is fuming with all those comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 13