Gender discussions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Staff edit
Conversation moved from another thread.

please be respectful towards each other in this discussion and please respect other users opinions,
report any comments that you feel need to be reviewed by a moderator,
do not attack each other or attempt to moderate yourself.

If you have a penis you’re male. That’s just a basic biological fact.
If you have a penis you have Male sexual organs. That doesn't mean you have to identify as Male in gender. Do some research into trans issues and stop embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
If you have a penis you have Male sexual organs. That doesn't mean you have to identify as Male in gender. Do some research into trans issues and stop embarrassing yourself.
What are the elements of being male or female that I should identify with then, so I know I'm one, the either, or neither? Do tell.

"Trans issues" are setting feminism back YEARS due to their insistence that "gender" is fixed and sex is a social construct. Utter bollocks. You cannot change sex. Gender, on the other hand, is a bullshit social construct - you know, the kind that means my four year old son comes home in tears from nursery because some little tit tells him he cannot play with dolls as dolls as "for girls".

Had about as much as I can stand of this utter shite and the woke left's total lack of critical thinking around it.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
What are the elements of being male or female that I should identify with then, so I know I'm one, the either, or neither? Do tell.

"Trans issues" are setting feminism back YEARS due to their insistence that "gender" is fixed and sex is a social construct. Utter bollocks. You cannot change sex. Gender, on the other hand, is a bullshit social construct - you know, the kind that means my four year old son comes home in tears from nursery because some little tit tells him he cannot play with dolls as dolls as "for girls".

Had about as much as I can stand of this utter shite and the woke left's total lack of critical thinking around it.
I'm guessing you identify with the gender you were assigned at birth as you have never had to question "what elements of being male or female that I should identify with". What a privilege it is to not have had to experience feeling like you are in the wrong body. That you don't belong anywhere. How challenging must that be?

I don't really understand how trans people fighting to be recognised sets feminism back at all. What is the issue with being referred to as the gender you feel you are? Women aren't losing any rights because trans people are being recognised and respected.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm guessing you identify with the gender you were assigned at birth as you have never had to question "what elements of being male or female that I should identify with". What a privilege it is to not have had to experience feeling like you are in the wrong body. That you don't belong anywhere. How challenging must that be?

I don't really understand how trans people fighting to be recognised sets feminism back at all. What is the issue with being referred to as the gender you feel you are? Women aren't losing any rights because trans people are being recognised and respected.
I dont know how to set up a topic, but maybe the mods could set one up for this? Would be good to get our feelings out in the air. That said, it is not celeb gossip.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I dont know how to set up a topic, but maybe the mods could set one up for this? Would be good to get our feelings out in the air. That said, it is not celeb gossip.
If you click on 'Forums' you will see 'post thread' on the right hand side - it's easy (even for me)

Women are losing all our rights:
• Transwomen rapists with penises like Karen White in women’s prisons
• bio males like Fallon Fox brutally injuring women in women’s sports, or Rachel McKinnon winning everything
• rape shelters like Vancouver rape relief being defunded due to not accepting bio males
• toilets being invaded by dangerous fetishists like Jonathan/Jessica Yaniv, •women’s festivals like Michfest being shut down
• lesbians being sexually harassed and forced to date transwomen to prove they aren’t transphobic
• women losing their jobs and being arrested for having opinions
• transwomen taking scholarships, jobs and awards meant to level the playing field for women.
• statistically, transwomen retain male pattern criminality, and the strength of men, 80-90% retain their penis and have no intention of having surgery.

Is that enough for you?

Nor should you. We all need to call out ignorance and hate when we see it x
Yes we do, which is why I refuse to let you have alllll the last words with your trashing women’s rights and portraying hard facts as “transphobic”.

No one has any problem with ordinary transgender people, who are calmly living their lives as honorary members of the opposite sex. It’s the recent gender dictators who have sprung up in the last couple of years, who people take issue with.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 119
Women are losing all our rights:
• Transwomen rapists with penises like Karen White in women’s prisons
• bio males like Fallon Fox brutally injuring women in women’s sports, or Rachel McKinnon winning everything
• rape shelters like Vancouver rape relief being defunded due to not accepting bio males
• toilets being invaded by dangerous fetishists like Jonathan/Jessica Yaniv, •women’s festivals like Michfest being shut down
• lesbians being sexually harassed and forced to date transwomen to prove they aren’t transphobic
• women losing their jobs and being arrested for having opinions
• transwomen taking scholarships, jobs and awards meant to level the playing field for women.
• statistically, transwomen retain male pattern criminality, and the strength of men, 80-90% retain their penis and have no intention of having surgery.

Is that enough for you?

Yes we do, which is why I refuse to let you have alllll the last words with your trashing women’s rights and portraying hard facts as “transphobic”.

No one has any problem with ordinary transgender people, who are calmly living their lives as honorary members of the opposite sex. It’s the recent gender dictators who have sprung up in the last couple of years, who people take issue with.
It’s actually physically painful to read this.
What you’ve done here is highlight a few cases of a criminal behaviour by a minuscule percentage of this demographic. Thereby proving nothing other than an issue that you have.
Own your views! But at least have the strength of character to admit to what you are!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Why I can't people just be who they want to be. If a bloke what's to identify and dress as a woman good on them and vice versa. I honestly don't care what people want to indentify as, as long as it makes them happy and legal.

I don't care if my son's what action men or to play with Barbie's, I also don't care if they pick a girls toy from the shop. It's up to them. I played with boys and girls toys and had mostly male friends my whole life. I am a straight woman. Just let people be who they want to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you to whoever has done this. I'd like to establish some statements and hope we all can agree.

Sex is binary (and intersex people are separate to the trans debate)
Gender is seen by some as a spectrum, some people see it as a set of stereotypes.
Transgender people see their gender as having a mismatch to their body
Transsexual people are different to transgender people.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you to whoever has done this. I'd like to establish some statements and hope we all can agree.

Sex is binary (and intersex people are separate to the trans debate)
Gender is seen by some as a spectrum, some people see it as a set of stereotypes.
Transgender people see their gender as having a mismatch to their body
Transsexual people are different to transgender people.
I just see it as one is by chance and one is by choice live and let live..

Reactions: 1
It’s actually physically painful to read this.
What you’ve done here is highlight a few cases of a criminal behaviour by a minuscule percentage of this demographic. Thereby proving nothing other than an issue that you have.
Own your views! But at least have the strength of character to admit to what you are!
Did you miss the part about transwomen statistically retaining male pattern criminality? That means that they are just as dangerous to women as men are. The majority of men and transwomen are normal, safe people. But enough of them (not exactly a “minuscule” percentage) commit violent and sexual crimes against women that women need protection from them - especially since both groups have a massive strength advantage over women.

You have also ignored all of my other points because you don’t have an answer to them.

And I haven’t even mentioned yet the problems of autogynephilia, or how with self-identifying, absolutely any man can claim to be a transwoman to get access to women.

I just see it as one is by chance and one is by choice live and let live..
It’s well past the point of “live and let live” when bio-males have access to all women’s spaces - even rape shelters, prisons and sport.

Why I can't people just be who they want to be. If a bloke what's to identify and dress as a woman good on them and vice versa. I honestly don't care what people want to indentify as, as long as it makes them happy and legal.

I don't care if my son's what action men or to play with Barbie's, I also don't care if they pick a girls toy from the shop. It's up to them. I played with boys and girls toys and had mostly male friends my whole life. I am a straight woman. Just let people be who they want to be.
No one cares about any of this. You’re missing the point.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Did you miss the part about transwomen statistically retaining male pattern criminality? That means that they are just as dangerous to women as men are. The majority of men and transwomen are normal, safe people. But enough of them (not exactly a “minuscule” percentage) commit violent and sexual crimes against women that women need protection from them - especially since both groups have a massive strength advantage over women.

You have also ignored all of my other points because you don’t have an answer to them.

And I haven’t even mentioned yet the problems of autogynephilia, or how with self-identifying, absolutely any man can claim to be a transwoman to get access to women.

It’s well past the point of “live and let live” when bio-males have access to all women’s spaces - even rape shelters, prisons and sport.
I'd hardly put trans people in the same context as a rapist ...From what I've read etc rape has nothing what so ever to do with sex ,it's a power thing...They get a kick out of humiliating and degrading people ...I think the issue you have is with a sick narcisstic MONSTER who gets a kick out of showing his or her dominance over a certain individual...not the everyday NORMAL people of this world no matter what guise they choose to live under..And from what I understand there are certain rules in sport that apply to trans woman...

Reactions: 4
Sorry, I’m probably being too strong. Your thoughts and interpretations are probably driven by fear, and God knows we live under a media that drives fear in the vulnerable.

What you’re talking about actually seems to have very little to do with the trans issue, and more to do with a fear rooted in violence against women.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Yes and male people are the main culprits there. 98% of sexual crime is carried out by male people and 75% of violent crime.

A persons propensity to commit a crime does not change when they identify differently or when they put on different clothes or when they say 'i am something other than a man'. This obviously does not mean I mean there is a correlation between crime and trans people, the correlation is between crime and male people.

Women are afforded single sex provisions to protect us, not from trans people, but from men. If those provisions are removed then women are at risk.

Women should be allowed to meet as a single sex. We have plenty of discrimination that is applied to us on the basis of our sex. Period poverty, abortion care, FGM, trafficking, the female gap due to selective abortion.

I want trans people to feel happy, and I support their desire to express themselves as they please, but I do not see them as the sex they identify with. I'm sorry that that might be painful to them, but you can not coerce me into seeing something I don't. I still see the male privilege.

I want my child to be able to play with and dress how they like. I don't want them to be told 'you might be a girl' if you like toys and dolls and dresses. That is regressive. Boys can wear dresses, and girls can have short hair. How about someone like sam smith saying ' I am a man and I like wearing heels. I like makeup. I like to dance. I feel sexy and i think I look sexy.' I think that would be far more positive than 'I am neither male nor female'. It is disingenuous. We know he is a man. He was certainly a man when he modelled for a menswear collection not long after he said he was non binary. Male when theres some money to be made.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Yes and male people are the main culprits there. 98% of sexual crime is carried out by male people and 75% of violent crime.

A persons propensity to commit a crime does not change when they identify differently or when they put on different clothes or when they say 'i am something other than a man'. This obviously does not mean I mean there is a correlation between crime and trans people, the correlation is between crime and male people.

Women are afforded single sex provisions to protect us, not from trans people, but from men. If those provisions are removed then women are at risk.

Women should be allowed to meet as a single sex. We have plenty of discrimination that is applied to us on the basis of our sex. Period poverty, abortion care, FGM, trafficking, the female gap due to selective abortion.

I want trans people to feel happy, and I support their desire to express themselves as they please, but I do not see them as the sex they identify with. I'm sorry that that might be painful to them, but you can not coerce me into seeing something I don't. I still see the male privilege.

I want my child to be able to play with and dress how they like. I don't want them to be told 'you might be a girl' if you like toys and dolls and dresses. That is regressive. Boys can wear dresses, and girls can have short hair. How about someone like sam smith saying ' I am a man and I like wearing heels. I like makeup. I like to dance. I feel sexy and i think I look sexy.' I think that would be far more positive than 'I am neither male nor female'. It is disingenuous. We know he is a man. He was certainly a man when he modelled for a menswear collection not long after he said he was non binary. Male when theres some money to be made.
You feel it’s disingenuous. You.

There are plenty of men who happily say that they like to wear dresses and makeup. They feel comfortable saying they are men who like to do this, because they FEEL like men who like to do this.

Then there are those who like to wear dresses and make up but don’t FEEL like a man. Can I ask, have you ever spent a significant amount of time with an individual like Sam? Someone who was able to fully explain how it feels? I assume you have, to have such strong views on it, so what was it about that individual or those individuals that made you believe that their ability to identify what they are is less than your ability to identify who you are?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’d love for you to share your data with me, your statistics. Which peer reviewed journal are you obtaining them from?

Jeeze, I take a few days off and a field of medicine I’ve worked in for decades has churned out data flying the face of everything we KNOW so far, so please, young man, do enlighten me!
Crime statistics (look at the “results” section on crime if you are too lazy to find it):

Transgender population four times higher in prison than in the general public:

(There is more to come, I can only paste one thing at a time on my phone.)

Now in return, please provide evidence for your extraordinary claim that declaring a female identity magically exempts a male from male criminal tendencies.

I also note that you failed to answer a single one of my points, except to boast about your job and scream about how painful my facts are for you to read.

I’m not sure what your boasting about working in medicine has got to do with crime statistics. You are a layperson.

Also, please don’t misgender me 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Crime statistics (look at the “results” section on crime if you are too lazy to find it):

Transgender population four times higher in prison than in the general public:

(There is more to come, I can only paste one thing at a time on my phone.)

Now in return, please provide evidence for your extraordinary claim that declaring a female identity magically exempts a male from male criminal tendencies.

I also note that you failed to answer a single one of my points, except to boast about your job and scream about how painful my facts are for you to read.

I’m not sure what your boasting about working in medicine has got to do with crime statistics. You are a layperson.

Also, please don’t misgender me 🙄
Annoying when people misgender isn’t it?!

The articles you quote are to support which of your previous points?

Finally, when did I claim that? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Annoying when people misgender isn’t it?!

The articles you quote are to support which of your previous points?

Finally, when did I claim that? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh! I’m sorry! You’re disputing my claim that it is still a tiny percentage of the transgender population who show criminal activity! Got you! As the study you’ve quoted shows, it’s about the same as we see in a control male group, so, thankfully, as I said, a tiny proportion of the demographic 👍 I do appreciate that interpreting data is a minefield. Even good journalists do it all the time- it makes for sensationalist reading doesn’t it? But the downside is “beliefs” and fears which become ingrained.

Above and beyond the crime rate linked to the mental health issues associated with ones identity, it is the self harm and suicide which is a far more common outcome. I suppose you and I focus on two very different sides of the coin. I see and deal with the devastation and you are focussed on what you see as a real and imminent threat. I hope those studies you’ve quoted can help reassure you.

I’ll just paste the part of the study you’ve shared to help highlight that, which I hope you will find reassuring!
“In this study, male-to-female individuals had a higher risk for criminal convictions compared to female controls but not compared to male controls. This suggests that the sex reassignment procedure neither increased nor decreased the risk for criminal offending in male-to-females. By contrast, female-to-males were at a higher risk for criminal convictions compared to female controls and did not differ from male controls, which suggests increased crime proneness in female-to-males after sex reassignment.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Its this kind of statement that provokes people to get their backs up. Why would you assume the poster hasnt had to question their own gender? And then make a sarky comment about "how that must be nice" .. it's quite rude really.
Everyone is allowed an opinion and while alot of taboo issues from the era's past are now more socially accepting, you cant expect people to jump on board with how society has been classified for 1000s of years. Its not ignorance imo.
Sam smith is clearly going through some personal soul searching about what he likes to be known as, and that's fine. I merely stated he contracted himself when he came out as gay which is orientated around MALE identities, then decides he isnt to be called HIM.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.