Gender discussions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a problem - apologies
It's fine. Not a lot of people know what we find offensive. Most of us have medical records describing us as "male pseudo-hermaphrodites" even people like me who were observed to be female at birth and have female birth certificates from birth.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Discussed on another thread how M to F trans people seem way more extreme and problematic than F to M and I highly agree.

I remember when Caitlyn Jenner was Bruce, Bruce played at a golf club that was men only and had no problem with it. Suddenly when she became Caitlynn, she was complaining that women couldn't play there. Lol. Can't have have it both ways. Didn't give a tit when she was a man and could play there but suddenly now she's a woman, she wanted it changed.
Caitlynn also voted for Trump. Woof.

I was going to like Jo's tweet but worried that anyone that saw it, even people I know, would go after me publicly. How fucked up is that? Men still managing to silence women and speak about their rights by transitioning to a woman (some not even fully transitioning but thinking they can talk for us). Bog off. I know not all M to F are like this but it seems MANY are.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Intersex is totally different from trans. One is a vanishingly rare medical condition. A developmental abnormality. The other is a psychological issue. Don’t muddy the waters by trying to conflate the two.

Btw, it’s ‘hermaphrodite’.
( edited as I buggered up the quote)

There are also huge problems around things like single sex hospital wards. The NHS is turning itself inside out to be ‘inclusive’ and unfortunately it is throwing the baby out with the bath water in the process. For years single sex wards have been fought for and worked towards as a safeguarding and privacy and dignity measure. Now this is being thrown out as we are to allow male bodied (including male hormoned) people on female wards. Where women are at their most vulnerable.

Now I’m aware that not every man poses a risk and these male bodied people may have always been meek and mild in their daily life. However, illness, infection, medication, dehydration etc can cause confusion and sudden behavioural changes in patients (hyper sexualised, verbal or physical aggression etc). It’s not the fault of the patient but they pose a risk to themselves and others on the ward.

Or maybe one or more of the women on the ward have worries about men (previous DV, sexual violence or other harassment) and wouldn’t feel safe with a male on the ward? Why does the trans person’s rights trump theirs?

Don’t even get me started on prisons and the number of men ‘identifying’ their way out of male prisons and into women’s prisons where they can access hundreds of vulnerable women.

It is a disgrace and we are sleepwalking into it.
Are we sleepwalking? Or are people to scared to speak up because they get bullied into submission?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm an intersex person and it was actually nice to read this type of thread without my community being brought up as a debating point and then SLAP there it was, and the H word no less!

The use of hermaphrodite is typically seen as a slur by us. Can it stop being used in this thread because it is offensive as well as inaccurate since humans can only be pseudo-hermaphrodites?

Similarly to the n word, some intersex people use the word to describe themselves but I've never met anyone who accepts others using it to describe or label us. I doubt anyone here would refer to BAME or LGBT people using a term those communities regard as a slur so it makes me feel very anxious to see it thrown around here.
There isn’t enough eduction or knowledge around. So i wouldn’t even know what to use to identify correctly.

Discussed on another thread how M to F trans people seem way more extreme and problematic than F to M and I highly agree.

I remember when Caitlyn Jenner was Bruce, Bruce played at a golf club that was men only and had no problem with it. Suddenly when she became Caitlynn, she was complaining that women couldn't play there. Lol. Can't have have it both ways. Didn't give a tit when she was a man and could play there but suddenly now she's a woman, she wanted it changed.
Caitlynn also voted for Trump. Woof.

I was going to like Jo's tweet but worried that anyone that saw it, even people I know, would go after me publicly. How fucked up is that? Men still managing to silence women and speak about their rights by transitioning to a woman (some not even fully transitioning but thinking they can talk for us). Bog off. I know not all M to F are like this but it seems MANY are.
Think it has to do with the hormone treatment. But I don’t know the fine details.

I have trans friends. but I never fully speak my opinion, as I know I be labeled transphobic.

I can understand, it’s heart breaking not feeling comfortable in their own skin. However I am a firm believer that you first need to find some sort of happiness in your assigned by birth sex. Believing changing your body will find you happiness is a dangerous, heartbreaking and life ruining gamble to take.

you be on hormone treatment the rest ofyour life. Whichhas its own emotional and physical downfalls.

maybe you still don’t pass “properly” for the“new”sex, regardles it’s not a perfect world you will come accord tension and possibly bullying.

those two points alone, could damage you mental health enormously. There are more points to make and I wonder in some cases if not most. It might actually be better to stay with the assigned at birth sex. As in end it gives less damage then a change would do

There is a documentary about transgender with regret. I think it’s great to watch. They also include people that didn’t regret it as a balance.
Its in dutch but with translation

Transgender with regret

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I saw this quote in the article referencing JK Rowlings tweet and I’m genuinely confused. Does that mean they’re FTM if a man is menstruating?
Yeah :rolleyes: You do have to do some mental gymnastics to follow their logic

Reactions: 8
Well, one benefit of threads like these is that it makes it easy to know who to block. Thanks, transphobes, for outing yourselves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Well, one benefit of threads like these is that it makes it easy to know who to block. Thanks, transphobes, for outing yourselves.
And this is why we have the issue - when a subject is big, complicated and raises conflicts and requires deep critical thinking people nowadays seem to head-in-the-sand rather than listening.

They also like to shout insults then flounce like above.

Its all very juvenile.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I definitely find as I'm getting older (closer to 30) I'm getting more conservative in my views, especially when it comes to this stuff. Perhaps when I was younger I would have been more open to it but I've seen what women have gone through and it feels like people take the piss now.

I hate all this "there's no gender/sex" bullshit.
And the trans women playing in women's sports, etc.
It feels like coddling at this point.

Reactions: 14
Can anyone provide evidence of people denying sex exists? Like is there solid proof (not tweets and tumblr posts from a few extremists) that there’s a conspiracy to wipe out the idea of sex and strip away women’s rights? I think people are confusing sex and gender, nobody is denying the existence of biological sex

Also can someone explain to me why an article saying ‘People have periods’ instead of ‘Women have periods’ should be considered an attack on my womanhood? Genuinely curious and open to respectful discussion

Reactions: 1
Can anyone provide evidence of people denying sex exists? Like is there solid proof (not tweets and tumblr posts from a few extremists) that there’s a conspiracy to wipe out the idea of sex and strip away women’s rights? I think people are confusing sex and gender, nobody is denying the existence of biological sex

Also can someone explain to me why an article saying ‘People have periods’ instead of ‘Women have periods’ should be considered an attack on my womanhood? Genuinely curious and open to respectful discussion
Hey
Because "people" don't get periods. Biological women get periods and that can't be argued.

There are absolute nut jobs trying to argue that "sex" isn't binery. https://massivesci.com/articles/sex-gender-intersex-transgender-identity-discrimination-title-ix/

They are dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hey
Because "people" don't get periods. Biological women get periods and that can't be argued.

There are absolute nut jobs trying to argue that "sex" isn't binery. https://massivesci.com/articles/sex-gender-intersex-transgender-identity-discrimination-title-ix/

They are dangerous.
Trans men are people and they sometimes have periods. I don’t see the harm in trying to be sensitive to that fact that not all people who have periods are women. They maybe biologically female but they’re not women so ‘people who have periods’ would be the correct statement.

Nobody can deny science, sex exist, there’s no denying it. I just don’t understand why there’s so much focus on the minority crazies. There’s no way they’re going to be able to eradicate biological sex

Someone in the JK Rowling thread shared this article: https://www.heritage.org/gender/com...-riddled-contradictions-here-are-the-big-ones

I recommend you read the whole thing but skip to the 'genderbread' and 'gender unicorn' pictures. The 'genderbread' model wasn't good enough for them, it caused outrage because it included biological sex which they say isn't real. It then became 'sex assigned at birth' in the 'gender unicorn' model.

Reactions: 4
I remember Nikkie Tutorials on YouTube came out as trans and she had been with her boyfriend for a while but hadn't told him. She only ended up telling him as someone was "bribing" her. I actually find that a horrific secret to keep from someone. Not everyone is ok being with a trans person, I would not be comfortable with a trans boyfriend. If you see a future with someone you need to be honest about everything. Also, I actually thought that she was trans way before she said anything.

Edit: they are engaged so he's her fiancé. Even worse.

Reactions: 8
Also, I actually thought that she was trans way before she said anything.
Me too, massive head and every look was drag, but I didn’t realise it was public knowledge now! I’m so out of the loop 🤣

But there are plenty of cis women who don't get periods, and the article was specifically about menstrual health and hygiene issues. So using 'women' in place of 'people who menstruate' wouldn't have made sense.

But there are plenty of cis women who don't get periods, and the article was specifically about menstrual health and hygiene issues. So using 'women' in place of 'people who menstruate' wouldn't have made sense.
Ok well then why not say "women who menstruate?" Saying "people who menstruate" is just pandering to these bullies and continuing to make "women" a bad word.

But I think that's just nit-picking. Like I said already, JK wasn't saying all women menstruate, she was saying all people who menstruate are women.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.