Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've said it before but I was part of several endometriosis closed groups on Facebook. These are well known very popular groups. And guess what the focus wasn't on resources, education for struggling with the illness, support oh no the main debate was about how we include trans people.
It made me mad. It was decided that we should be referred to as 'people with a cervix' or 'people'.
Now if you want a good example of erasing women here it is. On top of this it's widely known that endometriosis takes years to diagnose because it's a women's only illness and healthcare isn't geared up for women.

I'd like to think that if you are trans and have endometriosis you're not going to be hysterical because it's referred to as a woman's illness.

Anyway I recently got my smear invite through and again it was 'people' and 'people with a cervix' ffs.
Trans women don't have a cervix so what is this all about?!

As for the guardian, green party and Labour party they can all feck right off. Trans women (yep men) have been assigned as the womans representative for their party.

It's men, backing men, 'legitimately' silencing and stopping women by crying transphobia.
Transwomen don't like being reminded that it's a disease they can't have (as weird as that sounds), so they often use transmen as an excuse for "inclusive language" more then actual transmen protest themselves.

Reactions: 11
I think it’s interesting that we always have to caveat everything we say with a long spiel about how we support everyone ect. We all feel the same, I don’t believe anyone doesn’t feel that way here.

I think there is the assumption something that “I’m pro trans, therefore your not”.
its all getting me down at the moment. There is such division that I can’t see how this could end. There is never any attempt at compromise, because every discussion is silenced and considered transphobic. I think this is creeping more into the mainstream now and hopefully will wake up a lot of people who haven’t seen what’s going on. No debate needs to stop, we have to discuss this to get anyway.
Totally agree with this. Also think it's interesting people saying they've avoided this thread. This is an observation and not a criticism necessarily - but I have noticed it is only ever GC posts in other threads that are rather unceremoniously dumped in here. I have seen many pro-pronoun/TRA esque discussions allowed to continue on other threads, yet when someone is GC on another thread they're either told to come here or they have their posts moved (which is why I don't even bother to engage when it comes up, now). So it was interesting to see someone say they feared coming into this thread when this seems to be one of the only - if not the only - place we can have this discussion on Tattle.
Also agree re the 'I'm more pro trans than you' thing, I am pro inclusion and treating people with respect up until the point they make clear their total disregard for women and our rights. At that point all bets are off for me. I believe there are ways of balancing rights however you can't have that discussion when the people you're speaking with won't even acknowledge that there is a need for a balance or 'trans rights don't impact women's rights'.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Interesting it won't load anymore. but this was a recent tweet about how just like any civil rights movements laws won't change till we start killing terfs. Edit: reuploaded.
Capture d’écran 2021-02-11 à 3.48.41 PM.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
I don't have all the information, but I believe this isn't actually true. There was quite a lot of discussion about it on Twitter by women who had actually been at the Stonewall uprising, and they were saying that these claims were an attempt to rewrite history by TRAs.
This is completely right. TRAs have created a false narrative around what happened at Stonewall to align with their agenda. It's known as 'transing history'.

Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera weren't present when the riots started. In fact, those who were present at the time have repeatedly stated that a black lesbian named Stormé DeLarverie was the person who ignited the uprising by spurring the crowds into action as she was bleeding and being placed into a police vehicle.

Of course, TRAs repeatedly state that MPJ "threw the first brick" and that the LGB would have no rights if it wasn't for the "black trans women" at Stonewall, which is total bollocks (pardon the pun).

Thank you, Stormé. ❤
27972373_791153494427979_1608089095400460150_n.png

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is an observation and not a criticism necessarily - but I have noticed it is only ever GC posts in other threads that are rather unceremoniously dumped in here. I have seen many pro-pronoun/TRA esque discussions allowed to continue on other threads, yet when someone is GC on another thread they're either told to come here or they have their posts moved
Yes, and GC posts have even been deleted on other threads. By contrast, TRA posts rarely seem to be deleted, and they're largely treated as being above criticism.

I am pro inclusion and treating people with respect up until the point they make clear their total disregard for women and our rights. At that point all bets are off for me. I believe there are ways of balancing rights however you can't have that discussion when the people you're speaking with won't even acknowledge that there is a need for a balance or 'trans rights don't impact women's rights'.
Completely agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm done with her now, this is not the same person I used to know and like very much. I unfollowed her on Twitter a while ago, only saw this today because someone retweeted it.

Screenshot 2021-02-11 15.01.23.png

• Sick
Reactions: 5
And surely those transitioning (which is such a small minority) don't appreciate the hysteria of bearded men who are these activists ....who lets face it have a fetish.

Most are cross dresses with no intention of chopping off their bits or taking a pay cut or juggling kids and a career.

And why is it approx 80% (gov stats) of trans cases are men?!
I think it's because it's more acceptable to be trans than an effeminate man.

Anyway fascinating aside the whole thing is male based. There is zero respect for women. It's when you get little squirts like Owen Jones telling women to shut up and put up that's when it gets dangerous.

And finally it's wrong to appropriate as a different ethnicity so don't appropriate as a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am very upset by hospitals calling maternity units perinatal services. The word mother is an important one and I'm sorry but perinatal just reduces women to birthing machines.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I am very upset by hospitals calling maternity units perinatal services. The word mother is an important one and I'm sorry but perinatal just reduces women to birthing machines.
exactly, as usual just removes women from the language

Reactions: 7
What would an aunty and uncle be called in this new language?

I hadn’t realised that other GC discussion had started on tattle and been dumped in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
What would an aunty and uncle be called in this new language?

I hadn’t realised that other GC discussion had started on tattle and been dumped in here.
Anything remotely GC gets dumped here. Sometimes it details the thread a bit to have a whole other conversation put here. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I've heard 'aunkle' mentioned! 🙄
Relatives of parental units?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It seems like if it comes up on other threads one of three things happens: the GC posts are moved here; the GC posts are removed; other posters tell the person 'go back to the gender thread'. I totally understand that discussion like this might be considered off topic, but if that's the case, why isn't it all removed?

I'm done with her now, this is not the same person I used to know and like very much. I unfollowed her on Twitter a while ago, only saw this today because someone retweeted it.

View attachment 430842
People are literally replying to her showing her stuff like 'rape the TERFs' 'JK Rowling needs her face bashing in' and she's ignoring it. Never, ever see anything like that from GC Twitter. Ever. In fact, lately I am seeing a lot of GC people saying we don't want people mocking the appearances of trans people, bullying them, inciting violence etc towards them under the guise of being GC because it makes the whole movement look bad. I don't know if trans people feel the same about this specific brand of TRA, but I haven't personally seen anyone saying the same.

Reactions: 10
It seems like if it comes up on other threads one of three things happens: the GC posts are moved here; the GC posts are removed; other posters tell the person 'go back to the gender thread'. I totally understand that discussion like this might be considered off topic, but if that's the case, why isn't it all removed?

People are literally replying to her showing her stuff like 'rape the TERFs' 'JK Rowling needs her face bashing in' and she's ignoring it. Never, ever see anything like that from GC Twitter. Ever. In fact, lately I am seeing a lot of GC people saying we don't want people mocking the appearances of trans people, bullying them, inciting violence etc towards them under the guise of being GC because it makes the whole movement look bad. I don't know if trans people feel the same about this specific brand of TRA, but I haven't personally seen anyone saying the same.
https://twitter.com/KristofferPhilp The TRAs have no respect for anyone that doesn't support their ideas. This is someone who has a firm grasp on reality and deals with their dysphoria as best as possible. Followed by jkr too.

Reactions: 6
I truly believe TRA hate women and use the trans cause as a way to peddle hatred and control over women.

Where and when it stop?!
One thing that is infuriating (well there are many things) is the way media and journalism reports on violence against and by trans women. In doing so this skewers the perception and facts.

Firstly domestic violence against trans women is male on male violence. Those are the facts.

Secondly when trans women commit violent acts it is reported as women against women violence 🤦🏼‍♀️ no it is men yet again being violent against women.

I get so angry with all of this tit from men that I have to switch off from it.
I am sick to my back teeth of men dictating how women she speak, how we should accept men in our sports, our changing rooms, our female only spaces, my bloody smear test for god sake. And if we speak the facts, we voice our concerns we are transphobic.

In my old work a big organisation we had middle aged men announcing they were actually women. Dodgy wig and all. One bloke wore skirts, fine but also a bra and was called Hannah.
You are not a woman, you biologically can't be, you will never ever know my experience as a woman.
Stop playing dress up and that's what it is dress up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes, Fred Sargent has talked about this many times. He was there at the stone wall riots so knows exactly what happened. There has been a lot of attempts at re writing history by TRAs
Speaking of Fred Sargent, the guy who runs Pink News was bragging about getting him banned from Twitter.

So like....these TRAs go on about Stonewall, respecting those who were there but Fred Sargent is nothing but a nuisance because he contradicts the "Marsha is our saviour" narrative and unlike Marsha, he was actually there. Well, in fairness, it's thought Marsha/Malcolm was there. Apparently Marsha/Malcolm said himself he didn't get there until after the riots happened.

View attachment 430842
GC people are a danger to trans people in the sense of exposing their nonsense ideology. That's it though. But considering they've conned people into thinking they are the oppressed of the oppressed - the most oppressed people to ever walk the on the face of the planet and they benefit a lot from this. They benefit financially for sure (someone I know from high school is transitioning and he's got over £5000 in donations and it's growing) and they benefit in social clout, never being held accountable which leads them to eroding boundaries and women's rights etc. So in that sense....I can see why they'd be worried.

Also a lot of TRAs get annoyed when people say ''ideology'' in reference to trans. So I'll explain what I mean what I say ideology - existing as a trans person is not an ideology. But trans activism is indeed an ideology. As I've mentioned before, their theory is stolen from other minority groups and slapped on themselves which is why it doesn't actually work in reality. An example of their ideology is "you must unlearn your genital preferences and biases." That is nonsensical. It's ideological and has no basis in reality. It is taken from women of colour speaking about racial biases in dating and beauty standards which is why when TRAs have stolen it and made it about their experiences in dating and applied it to sexual orientation, it just doesn't work. They've tried to create an oppression, discrimination, bigotry where none exists because sexual orientation just doesn't work that way.

Anyway, that's just one example of what I mean when I say their ideology. I don't even want to call it theory anymore because it's just.....It's woo. That's what it is. Woo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.