Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did she expect them to do? Surely if these were gay men, they would only be attracted to other actual gay men. Not women who imagine themselves to be male and then cry about it in the toilet when they’re rejected by these men.
I actually have no sympathy for her and almost felt like laughing at her naivety. They can spout their TWAW and TMAM bullshit all they like, but reality is a cold, hard witch.
Yes, agree with this. An it also highlights the changing of language, especially in the last paragraph surrounding the word ‘queer’ and the umbrella-like way that word and words like it are used. “Should I tell the queer group how I was treated”? It wasn’t a queer group, it was a gay men’s group and that woman is not a gay man (if it’s even real).

Reactions: 11
Honestly, that trans man's post is a perfect example of what happens when you enable this idea that they are completely indistinguishable from ''cis'' men.

The LGBT people who enable this provide this protective community for trans people, but it's all on the basis of them being sensitive souls who might commit suicide if you say they're not what they identify as. But the rest of the world doesn't coddle them so they have a total reality collapse when faced with.....well, reality. It really doesn't do them any favours.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
They've obviously spent a lot of time in spaces where it's all been 'genitalia isn't gendered' and then they've entered this other space where suddenly that isn't the case.

I wonder as well, how they feel about how they reacted to it. The crying in the bathroom thing is almost one of the most stereotypical of stereotypical women behaviours they could have done. Might they have realised that when the guys were like 'that girl's in the bathroom crying' and that's made them feel even worse?

Reactions: 12
Their 'friend' sounds horrible. Like either they are really dim to the vibe or they are being evil here.
I agree. This sounds like malicious compliance on the friend's part.

I think the gay friend was probably trying to teach her a well-deserved lesson.

They've obviously spent a lot of time in spaces where it's all been 'genitalia isn't gendered' and then they've entered this other space where suddenly that isn't the case.

I wonder as well, how they feel about how they reacted to it. The crying in the bathroom thing is almost one of the most stereotypical of stereotypical women behaviours they could have done. Might they have realised that when the guys were like 'that girl's in the bathroom crying' and that's made them feel even worse?
Yeah, how embarrassing. Teenage girl behaviour. And using sex for validation rather than pleasure, and clinging to her friend all night are also steroetypically female behaviours.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Hopefully it’s the wake up call she needed!

Reactions: 2
6452583D-CE7F-480B-A4E6-C313022B94C0.png

This disgusts me, it feels so dystopian and clinical. If a trans person is FTM why would they want to get pregnant, I can’t imagine many of them do. So why are we changing the rules to accommodate a tiny minority?!

it’s not “human milk” or “birth givers milk” it’s breast milk, it comes out of my fing breasts

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s on Jeremy Vine now. Interesting discussion. Need to formulate my views on this. Storm was very balanced and sensible, they have Chay Brown from Trans Actual U.K. and they are saying that this language being suggested is specifically for trans or non binary people.

EDIT - to be clear the language ‘breastfeeding’ will still be used for people who want to use that term. It’s more for people who feel uncomfortable with it.

Also amazing biology lesson from Clare regarding how breastfeeding actually works. Also men have breasts too.

Last edited:
View attachment 428499
This disgusts me, it feels so dystopian and clinical. If a trans person is FTM why would they want to get pregnant, I can’t imagine many of them do. So why are we changing the rules to accommodate a tiny minority?!

it’s not “human milk” or “birth givers milk” it’s breast milk, it comes out of my fing breasts
There are some who do. I read an article by the person who wants to be named as dad on their kids birth certificate. They complained about how dysphoric pregnancy material was (because it all talked about women obv). This is where I kind of can't help but think these people need help accepting the inescapable truth of their biology. Ultimately they are a woman whether they like it or not and it doesn't mean they have to conform to rigid stereotypes on what a woman can wear, do, present etc.

If I was adamant my white skin was black and critised the medical industry whenever it pointed out I'm low risk for diseases that affect black people more (like sickle cell) but high risk for skin cancer because of my light, freckly northern European, easily burnt skin, then I think you'd all agree I'd need to see someone.

Reactions: 15
I can't wrap my head around the concept of carrying and birthing a baby not making you dysphoric but hearing the word breast triggering you.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There are some who do. I read an article by the person who wants to be named as dad on their kids birth certificate. They complained about how dysphoric pregnancy material was (because it all talked about women obv). This is where I kind of can't help but think these people need help accepting the inescapable truth of their biology. Ultimately they are a woman whether they like it or not and it doesn't mean they have to conform to rigid stereotypes on what a woman can wear, do, present etc.

If I was adamant my white skin was black and critised the medical industry whenever it pointed out I'm low risk for diseases that affect black people more (like sickle cell) but high risk for skin cancer because of my light, freckly northern European, easily burnt skin, then I think you'd all agree I'd need to see someone.
I should say here. I'm not saying people can't transition or all people who have are off their heads. Its more you need to recognise you are a biological woman who has undergone medical procedures to present as a male for reasons such as dysphoria.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Unfortunately, there are women like Freddy McConnell who claim to have dysphoria and think of themselves as men, yet somehow miraculously, temporarily manage to come to terms with their female biology by getting pregnant and giving birth (she is currently pregnant again I believe.) Which, if their dysphoria at being a woman was so detrimental to their mental health (as they often claim), surely the ultimate act of womanhood is being pregnant and giving birth. It’s funny that their dysphoria is able to suspended like that isn’t it?

Thankfully, McConnell failed in her 2019 High Court bid to be named as the father on her first child’s birth certificate. But I would imagine this type of initiative is aimed at people like her. Whatever stupid language initiatives are used, the facts are that ONLY women can get pregnant, give birth and breastfeed.

It is an outrage that medical professionals are pandering to the wants of a very tiny minority at the expense of women once again.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
As a woman who doesn't want children I've found that that is the only thing that's ever made me feel like not a proper woman, and something I've really had to fight back against expectations from others and myself. There's a real stigma a lot of the time. Poeple like Freddy completely baffle me.

• Heart
View attachment 428499

Aren’t breast a medical term though? Because men get breast cancer too? Unless they are going to campaign to rename it ‘chest cancer’?

Reactions: 10
Chest feeding.

please tell me this is some kind of April fools day joke that’s slipped out earlier than planned.

I stay away from this thread but people can’t honestly back this?

Reactions: 15
Women are slowly being eradicated. Women and men have breasts so what is wrong with the term 'breastfeeding'? What next? Periods become 'monthly hormonal changes that can happen to womb holders and non-womb holders, sometimes a bleed, sometimes not'.

Reactions: 14
Women are slowly being eradicated
Are we allowed to say woman now? Genuinely not goading here I’m just confused as to what’s right and wrong these days,
I don’t really care what anyone wants to identify as but why am I the bad guy for finding this all.. overwhelming
can I say bad guy? The bad cis?? The bad *identifies as female but doesn’t want to insult by using the word female*

I’ve never in my life judged, bullied or attacked someone for the choices they make in life but I feel like people are now being shamed for not being able to navigate this mind field.

I watched a news report this morning and heard people being referred to as sis and thought jesus this has been a crazy year, not only are we navigating our way through a pandemic you can now offend someone by breathing in an overly straight/female manner.

Ill regret typing this I just feel the pressure to NOT offend has gone off the scale, when it seems like everything you do or say offends someone

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It is an outrage that medical professionals are pandering to the wants of a very tiny minority at the expense of women once again.
Funny you should say that. My husband, a doctor, frequents a forum for medical professions (you can only sign up if you are GMC registered so everyone on there is legit). A couple of weeks ago he started a poll along the lines of 'are trans women real women?' The result was 95% no, 5% yes. So whilst still an overwhelming majority, if you extrapolate that based on how many doctors there are in the UK, that's a still a significant number that are buying into all this.

Being in a provincial Northern area, he doesn't tend to see many transgender patients, but the ones he does get fall into two categories: young people with autistic spectrum disorders being pushed by various organisations, and adults who have been through the transition but are still not happy and are seeking further treatments or surgery in the pursuit of acceptance/happiness. A few years ago he had a lorry driver who was transitioning to female. They'd had the op but as a former massive bloke doing a traditionally male job, they were experiencing bullying from peers. They'd come to the conclusion that the bullying was due to the fact they had a heavy, overhanging brow, so would come in demanding that the NHS perform an operation to shave bone from their forehead, to make it look more feminine. You know for a fact that if that operation happened, it still wouldn't be enough and another part of their body would then become the focus of discontent.

My husband changed jobs recently and on his first day he sent me a text to say he'd just seen a 16 year old with ADHD, autism and Tourette's, currently awaiting gender reassignment. I mean, as if life wasn't difficult enough for that kid as it is, he's got a family and organisations around him who are willingly steering him in this direction. :(

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.