Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey everyone, I was having a little trans debate with a friend and suddenly thought I wonder if there’s a rattle thread on this haha so glad there is!! I am disgusted by the news of the Brighton charity losing funding and going to trans/lgbt charity.. I’m not saying that lgbt people don’t need their own charities etc but funding that actually helped everyone, is now going to 0.01% of the population?

Reactions: 13
Hey everyone, I was having a little trans debate with a friend and suddenly thought I wonder if there’s a rattle thread on this haha so glad there is!! I am disgusted by the news of the Brighton charity losing funding and going to trans/lgbt charity.. I’m not saying that lgbt people don’t need their own charities etc but funding that actually helped everyone, is now going to 0.01% of the population?
It is a real shame. I also really don't see what is to be gained by closing the centre. There is obviously a need for refuges for women and separately for trans women - surely it's better to have the centre remain open for women rather than no help for anybody in the meantime.
This is one of the things that really makes me suspicious about all things trans tbh, why aren't trans people rallying against this if they care about women and asking for a centre for themselves? Surely the issue is the need for support for sexual violence, which doesn't need to be sharing a refuge for women...seems more like they don't want the support but want access to the space, big surprise.

Reactions: 17
Hello and welcome! It's so so disappointing, especially as it did offer services for trans women but those services were not deemed good enough

Reactions: 8
Hello and welcome! It's so so disappointing, especially as it did offer services for trans women but those services were not deemed good enough
Exactly! How absolutely insane... the world hates women!

It is a real shame. I also really don't see what is to be gained by closing the centre. There is obviously a need for refuges for women and separately for trans women - surely it's better to have the centre remain open for women rather than no help for anybody in the meantime.
This is one of the things that really makes me suspicious about all things trans tbh, why aren't trans people rallying against this if they care about women and asking for a centre for themselves? Surely the issue is the need for support for sexual violence, which doesn't need to be sharing a refuge for women...seems more like they don't want the support but want access to the space, big surprise.
it speaks to major internalised misogyny tbh

Reactions: 10
That's frightening. I feel sorry for him, he clearly has serious issues
I think it is highly unethical of these surgeons to perform all of these surgeries for someone that would be better spending the money on therapy

yeah i agree, this just comes across as really spiteful. I remember when I was working in this area and there was some kind of rule made that for every woen's shelter there also had to be funding for men's shelters, the men's ones just ended up empty and the funding for women's was diverted to them

• Wow
It is unethical and what happens when the novelty of being a woman wears off? What will his next transformation be? Shame on those surgeons for accepting his money and feeding this

Same arguments here that any talk that trans is a mental illness and surgery is wrong gets shut down.
Because as we all know it's about the money 💰

Reactions: 3
Jessica Alves, formerly Rodrigo, by any chance?

I’m pretty sure he only transitioned because he’d run out of “male” body parts to butcher with plastic surgery, and desperately needed a new fix.

So far it’s been facial feminisation, breast implants, gallons of god-knows-what pumped into hips and thighs, and now a surgical vagina.

I don’t think he’s going to live a long life, considering the abuse his body gets.

But my main question has always been, how does he afford it? It’s very sinister.
I mean, how can this not be mental illness? He looks like an alien. Who the duck are these surgeons who willingly perform these procedures on people who are so obviously mentally unwell? I guess the money talks when it comes down to it. Vile.

I wish plastic surgery for vanity never became a thing tbh. It’s just gone from bad to worse ever since. I feel the same about all these young women flying abroad for bbl surgery... just why? It’ll look tit in a few years anyway.

• Heart
I mean, how can this not be mental illness? He looks like an alien. Who the duck are these surgeons who willingly perform these procedures on people who are so obviously mentally unwell? I guess the money talks when it comes down to it. Vile.

I wish plastic surgery for vanity never became a thing tbh. It’s just gone from bad to worse ever since. I feel the same about all these young women flying abroad for bbl surgery... just why? It’ll look tit in a few years anyway.
I agree, it is almost shocking when you are used to watching American tv series and all the women, no matter what age, are totally unwrinkled etc, then you watch something French, for example, and the women look like their real age. It has become so normalised it is almost jarring to see what normal ageing looks like in the media!

I have a question for you all, do you think I'm trans phobic for thinking this, I'm genuinely curious.

So I was speaking to my non binary friend the other day, and I was telling them about someone I saw on Twitter who uses he/him pronouns calling themselves a "lesbian". I said to my non binary friend, I don't really understand why that person would want to call themselves a lesbian (I am one too btw even though it has no relevance) as they identify as he. A lesbian is a female attracted to females right? Like for me, I wouldn't mind dating a trans woman, or someone with a feminine body type as that's what I'm obvs attracted to. But I couldn't say "I'm in a lesbian relationship" with someone who identifies as he, or am I being dumb? Cause that person is saying they feel like a man. I'd be in a straight relationship then? Regardless of what is in their pants?

Anyway my friend said that's kind of offensive for you to say lesbians cant be he/him but I said well I'm just confused, cause if they feel like a he/him then it would suggest being attracted to a female is a heterosexual feeling right? :unsure: I apologised to them I said I'm sorry I feel awful now but they were like it's okay just know in future a lesbian isnt always a woman. :oops:

I was gonna ask this on Twitter but know I would be raked over the coals for it.
Mate if men can be lesbians then I guess my boyfriend is a lesbian? So then all straight men are lesbians... like.. no lol sorry but no men cannot be lesbians.. you aren’t wrong dw

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Urgh we had a Zoom call today and 'Tazmin' had a she/her.
Really haven't these people worked out that a name (unless unisex) actually acts to signpost pronouns and has always, since the dawn of time helped people navigate this very thing.

Reactions: 14
Mate if men can be lesbians then I guess my boyfriend is a lesbian? So then all straight men are lesbians... like.. no lol sorry but no men cannot be lesbians.. you aren’t wrong dw
should I (straight female) be having a quite interesting convo with my boyfriend now about the fact he has lived his fanstasy already? :LOL:

• Haha
I'm a gay man trapped in a woman's body ...which I don't think is as appealing to my husband

• Haha
should I (straight female) be having a quite interesting convo with my boyfriend now about the fact he has lived his fanstasy already? :LOL:
I guess by that standard straight women can identify as gay men too? :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
So I had a thought this morning.. regarding pronouns and stuff.. we use individual names to identify people irrespective of their sex.. so why should we ask people what their pronouns are? I’d rather simply just ask them what their name is?

So I had a thought this morning.. regarding pronouns and stuff.. we use individual names to identify people irrespective of their sex.. so why should we ask people what their pronouns are? I’d rather simply just ask them what their name is?
Exactly!

Except... if you don’t ask about pronouns you aren’t doing any performative virtue signalling 🙃

And if a trans/NB person doesn’t get asked for their pronouns, they don’t get any validation ✨

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.