Gender Discussions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A man disguised himself as a woman and sexually assaulted a teenage girl. Who’d have thought it, a man wearing woman as a costume for his own gain? Could it be that us ‘nasty terfs’ have a point and that throwing away the legal protections that women as a class have as a result of our biological sex in favour of ‘gender identity’ is a terrible idea?

Not at all, and in fact all the trans people I know be it ftm or mtf want exactly the same thing.
A predatory man dressed as a woman using the guise of 'gender identity' to sexually assault girls is exactly what they're sick of. As we all are.

Btw, my brother is trans (ftm, no transition yet) and this type of tit makes him sick, as it does any normal human being. It also makes a mockery of actual trans women who make the effort to actually present feminine and respect female spaces pre-transition, and gives this type of reputation.

The type of creeps like this are not trans, real (and normal everyday) trans people (not the far-left idiots on the net) advocate for legal protection against women and respect female spaces. Like, because my brother is pre-transition he of course uses female bathrooms and spaces, it'd be inappropriate otherwise. Gender identity as a reason to invade the space of those who do not share the same anatomy as you is wrong in every way. This is how we end up with so many gross situations like this, just abusive sick men using another method to harm young girls.

This man is not trans, he's a pervert looking for a reason to weasel his way into female spaces, attack young girls and use his 'gender identity' to get away with it. They call 'discrimination' otherwise. It's all very disgusting and the real harm it brings upon actual people who are just living their normal lives is horrendous.

These stories get me so heated. As someone who has been abused as a teen it is so damaging, and with more 'excuses' and 'methods' making young girls easier to target disgusts me beyond belief. His biological sex plays the biggest part in this, and I can bet he doesn't even identify as a woman!!

Reactions: 17
We've been saying for ages (while also being called TERF or transphobes) that Stonewall's umbrella definition of trans (to include cross dressers etc) is harmful to genuine trans people. Self ID would only see more cases like the one above happen.

Reactions: 19
We've been saying for ages (while also being called TERF or transphobes) that Stonewall's umbrella definition of trans (to include cross dressers etc) is harmful to genuine trans people. Self ID would only see more cases like the one above happen.
No this is exactly my thought, and it makes me laugh the idea of being called a TERF when many trans people want exactly the same.
Self ID is a very dangerous road to go down, I'd not be surprised if cases like that one quadrupled. There's already sick men waiting online to approach these girls, how much easier would it be if they were a female.

Vile and damaging. I don't think it's transphobic, if anything it protects the rights of trans people and their reputation within society. The more stories like this the more people will think they're all some sort of sick freaks.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Am I being a bit thick here. Surely trans women is taking whatever female hormones get prescribed, daily. How the eff can the levels of these hormones fluctuate week by week so they are "having periods".

I feel it would be like me saying my dick is hard when I have a vagina.
I have CAIS/am intersex and have been on oestrogen since was 16, and also have natural female body parts except womb, ovaries and was raised as a girl.

Despite this I have never had a made up period. My hormones are basically the same every day. I see my "normal" daughter and sister go through a hormonal cycle and saw it with my mum when she was younger but I dont get that because I am not a full xx woman. That is reality and it sucks but reality is reality.

I do get greedy and over eat, get angry, get randy, have upset stomach (especially after over eating) and experience cramps, sore muscles, headaches, spots, sore boobs etc but have never felt like pretending it was because I am having a mysterious non -period period.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Bit of a rebellion going on in the Scottish Green Party. I actually knew one of the co-leaders of the party years ago and I'm very surprised that what Andy describes is something they would support.

I think a lot of political parties are going to end up warring with themselves over this debate in due course. It is worrying to see that people advocating for sex based rights in legislature are being ostracized. We can't get to a point where women can't request medical examination by women, and also men, by men. There has to be respect, and choice.

Hopefully I am allowed to quote a snippet:

"In his letter, Wightman – who joined the Scottish Greens in 2009 and entered the Holyrood parliament in 2016 – says it was “made clear” to him that if he voted for the amendment and against the group mandate, he would face “complaints and disciplinary action leading to possible suspension, deselection or expulsion”.

Wightman added that he was previously admonished by colleagues following his attendance of a public meeting at Edinburgh University in June 2019, which included speakers critical of proposed reforms to transgender rights.

“It has become evident to me that the sort of open-minded public engagement I would like to see take place on this topic is incompatible with a party that has become very censorious of any deviation from an agreed line.”

The bits in bold ring so many alarm bells for me. It seems in politics now you can't have debate from multiple viewpoints, instead, if you do not toe the "line" 100% then you will be threatened with complaints, disciplinary action, expulsion, admonishment, and you will be censored. Admonished for attending a public meeting? So you can't even attend something to listen, now? Attendance doesn't mean that someone 100% subscribes to the topic being discussed at the talk, surely? But it seems people believe it does? Are we in 1984? Can we not have a reasonable debate? :eek:

I'm torn because I am glad people like this man have spoken about about why they are leaving but also sad that they have felt pushed out and threatened. It means one less voice for women in the mix.

ETA: Interesting how this is published in The Guardian when they pushed out Suzanne Moore the other week for being gender critical...

Reactions: 7
He's being encouraged to stand as an independent and I hope he does - he's very well-liked in his constituency and stands a good chance of getting re-elected.

Reactions: 7
It's a satirical piece. They're taking the piss out of those trying to ban the word woman
ooo ok, it just goes to show how many real articles like this we see that I didn't even question that it might be satire!

Reactions: 8
ooo ok, it just goes to show how many real articles like this we see that I didn't even question that it might be satire!
You never know what's serious or not these days because it's all so insane.
It's actually so frustrating.

Reactions: 6
Regarding Eddie Izzard there are comments on Twitter like "you're the funniest female comedian ever". Yes tough luck actual female comedians, a man who has been in a male dominated industry for decades can now trample all over you because he's in 'girl mode' and now wears a dodgy hair piece.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm new to posting but have been lurking for some time.

I've been reading the updates on gov.uk about secondary school Covid-19 testing that's being rolled out. This is a screenshot of one of the letter templates to be used to explain testing to parents, pupils and staff and to ask parents, pupils and staff to register and clearly asking, quite rightly, for gender at birth.

Sex at birth would have been beter but 'gender at birth' is better than nothing.

Screenshot_20201220-155901_Word.jpg

Reactions: 4
I'm new to posting but have been lurking for some time.

I've been reading the updates on gov.uk about secondary school Covid-19 testing that's being rolled out. This is a screenshot of one of the letter templates to be used to explain testing to parents, pupils and staff and to ask parents, pupils and staff to register and clearly asking, quite rightly, for gender at birth.

Sex at birth would have been beter but 'gender at birth' is better than nothing.

View attachment 354232
Sex would have been better or better yet male/female

Reactions: 5
Bit of a rebellion going on in the Scottish Green Party. I actually knew one of the co-leaders of the party years ago and I'm very surprised that what Andy describes is something they would support.

The party probably mirrors what had happened in the SNP is that a lot of party positions where infiltrated by people seeking to further the identity agenda rather than a green agenda. In the SNP a lot of them came to the fore last year through elections who where pursuing the identity gender where it got to the point you are struggling to see what they stand for other than trans rights. Thankfully a lot of them have been kicked out.

With the green party being smaller and having idiots like Ross Greer in it this will probably remain in thrall of the identity warriors for a while yet.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.